Indyref 2 (2) - Page 53 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

I have no opinion of Ross Greer however he did not create this housing problem the capitalism you so favour did.
What is more important to you, a person having the right to manage a diverse retirement portfolio in property or a person having the right to affordable housing? The way things stand both things are impossible. 
This is a Tory dream. The private sector having responsibility for housing people and the government walking away. 

Of course not everyone wants to buy a property, there will always be the need for rental, but whilst more and more people jump on the second + home bandwagon , snapping up properties and forcing up house prices then people on lower incomes will never be able to buy their own home. 

You'll never get through to him. Nobody has a need for more than one house, not when there's people who can't afford one.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, duncan II said:

You'll never get through to him. Nobody has a need for more than one house, not when there's people who can't afford one.

Correct, malcolm is the ultimate selfish voter. He's only interested in how it effects him

33 minutes ago, duncan II said:

Yeah, maybe not. 

31 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Correct, malcolm is the ultimate selfish voter. He's only interested in how it effects him

This is pretty common. People talk a good game. They say there is an imbalance in society and its wrong that their should be homelessness and poverty. But that changes when something is suggested that could balance things more but comes at a personal sacrifice to them. 

Anyway, it’s almost a New Year . Time to put this to the side for now. All you can do is hope the next year is better than the last. 

Take care everyone ❤️

6 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Ross Greer is a baddie on this and virtually everything else.  He is basically a communist and anti capitalist.

everybody deserves a house if they want to buy one an there absolutely should be much more built.  equally the rental market is important - some people want to rent rather than buy. Both should exist.  

too many people not enough houses, so why are more not being built?

I think the problem was when people started seeing houses as a way to earn money rather than as simply a place to live.

32 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

UK Gov set to mount unprecedented legal challenge to block SNP's gender bill

Being the operative word

Doesnt mean they will

2 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

UK Gov set to mount unprecedented legal challenge to block SNP's gender bill, great like this was never going to happen,, this is one of the biggest vote losing policies the snp will ever make 

great, let’s hope they do.  Keep the loony left influence of the greens at bay.  

this idea of a second independence vote to the greens was a big con…  hopefully they will be obliterated at next election.

21 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

UK Gov set to mount unprecedented legal challenge to block SNP's gender bill, great like this was never going to happen,, this is one of the biggest vote losing policies the snp will ever make 

What a thing to go to "war" over. Not, for instance, trying to introduce supervised drug consumption facilities to address the awful drugs death record in our country, or council tax reform - quite radical policies but ones with objectives almost everyone would be sympathetic to - but instead a contrived wedge issue that, if it succeeds, is only likely to benefit a tiny fraction of the population. If it fails, then the SG are again made to look like prize numpties and this divisive issue lingers on. 🤦‍♂️

This picture makes me even more certain that the whole issue has been cooked up by the Tory party and their helpers.

The woman standing on the back row to the left is the same woman who "flashed" at HR on the day the bill was passed. The fud holding the fake fud and pint of crap lager is Russell Findlay, Tory MSP and former Scottish Sun journalist.

23 minutes ago, scotlad said:

This picture makes me even more certain that the whole issue has been cooked up by the Tory party and their helpers.

The woman standing on the back row to the left is the same woman who "flashed" at HR on the day the bill was passed. The fud holding the fake fud and pint of crap lager is Russell Findlay, Tory MSP and former Scottish Sun journalist.

I have absolutely no clue what that means or what any of that post is about, and I'm fairly confident the vast majority of the population would say the same. 

4 hours ago, scotlad said:

What a thing to go to "war" over. Not, for instance, trying to introduce supervised drug consumption facilities to address the awful drugs death record in our country, or council tax reform - quite radical policies but ones with objectives almost everyone would be sympathetic to - but instead a contrived wedge issue that, if it succeeds, is only likely to benefit a tiny fraction of the population. If it fails, then the SG are again made to look like prize numpties and this divisive issue lingers on. 🤦‍♂️

Exactly it’s sticking out a bloody mile, why the hell Have the party followed this insane vote losing policy,, something not right at all

11 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Yes great. Shows up the UK Government again in dictating to the Scottish government in matters that has sod all to do with them. Should add more percentage onto the Yes vote showing up the UK government for the scum they are.

more like the snp have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory by pursuing a radical left wing policy that the vast majority of the public disagree with.

2 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Dream on eh? Guaranteed the SNP win the next GE in Scotland by a street. Your Tory boys heading for wipe-out across the UK.

as I have said many times before no one party represents my views so I feel no affiliation to any party.  I voted Tory at he last council elections, but voted snp at the last two general elections and Scottish elections, which I obviously wont be repeating,  running out of options but may vote Tory again, or investigate some of the fringe options.

7 hours ago, Malcolm said:

And in other news, 150,000 Scot’s have never done a paid days work in their lives. If only they had and contributed taxes to pay for above….

Is it news when it's a story from 4 1/2 years ago?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/150-000-scots-have-never-had-a-job-hpxw6jk5m

It's not a new phenomenom. It was over 150k 5 years ago, it's now 148k. We don't know the status of a lot of the actual people either.

The story 5 years ago was it has increased by 16% and that's bad, well it has now decreased by some percentage, so the story is about the actual number and not the increase.

For all we know it could be a common phenomenon replicated the world over, due to things like looking after children or conditions that prohibit working. 

However the papers rely on low information reactionaries uncritically disseminating their headlines.