Indyref 2 (2) - Page 58 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

23 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

I watched it up until Sunak said to Flynn about Salmond and Russia Today

There is no fucking point in the SNP being at PM's Questions never mind Westminster

Some of them are clearly loving their time with their feet under the table. Pete Wishart's got a band you know with all his lovely new unionist pals.. 

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This article was amended on 11 January 2023. An earlier version described the list of approved countries as those “whose gender recognition certificates are automatically recognised by UK officials”; it has been amended to clarify that the list denotes those countries whose gender recognition certificates (or similar) are considered sufficient to automatically allow an individual to use the fast-track route to apply for a GRC in the UK. A reference to “reciprocal recognition” being withdrawn from some countries was removed (other than in direct quotes) to avoid the suggestion that the lists operate on the basis of agreed reciprocity. A response from the Cabinet Office, and some detail about the fast-track process, was also added

UK review of gender recognition list risks ‘trans travel ban’ | Transgender | The Guardian

A Cabinet Office spokesperson said transgender people “have not and will not be banned” from entering the UK. “The Government is merely ensuring that individuals who can access the UK’s fast-track gender recognition system, are from countries with at least equal checks and balances to the UK.”

The fast-track overseas route means that an applicant with legal gender recognition from an approved country does not, for example, need to provide medical reports when applying for a GRC in the UK.

On 1/9/2023 at 2:02 PM, TDYER63 said:

WHAT ???? There are 8 countries that have had  similar system to Scotland since 2011 and havent disintegrated into a den of inequity ? Well , blow me down with a feather. 

Self ID in Belgium; no news is good news

A wall of silence among journalists and institutions means the effects of self-ID are impossible to know

Róisín Michaux

Self ID in Belgium; no news is good news (substack.com)

You can't manage what isn't measured and if you're adding a new risk into things why would you not want to measure it so you can manage the new exposure, and review accordingly in seeking improvement?  

47 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Self ID in Belgium; no news is good news

A wall of silence among journalists and institutions means the effects of self-ID are impossible to know

Róisín Michaux

Self ID in Belgium; no news is good news (substack.com)

You can't manage what isn't measured and if you're adding a new risk into things why would you not want to measure it so you can manage the new exposure, and review accordingly in seeking improvement?  

What is the new risk?

4 hours ago, aaid said:

It’s a joint process but hey, you just crack on and blame Nicola Sturgeon because your local region didn’t get it.  Jesus, Aberdeen and the North East really know how to nurse a grievance don’t they.

Obvious Central Belt bias in awarding it to - *checks notes* - the Cromarty Firth. 

she has no time for the north east whatss so ever,, she does nothing for the fishing industry, letting the green brigade run riot with their false reports, she has thrown the oil and gas industry under the bus and does next to nothing for the farmers,, if sturgeon had her way, the north east would end up like the mining communities did under thatcher,, she is one dangers person

5 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

she has no time for the north east whatss so ever,, she does nothing for the fishing industry, letting the green brigade run riot with their false reports, she has thrown the oil and gas industry under the bus and does next to nothing for the farmers,, if sturgeon had her way, the north east would end up like the mining communities did under thatcher,, she is one dangers person

Cromarty Firth is in the North East of Scotland.

This demonstrates your agenda perfectly. Making up BS for the pure sake of it.

8 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Blaming it on Celtic fans now are we.

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

What is the new risk?

A Gender Recognition Certificate doesn’t literally change your sex – it’s not a magic spell – but it is an extraordinarily powerful piece of paper. It enables you to have a new birth certificate issued saying that you were born the opposite sex. Your true sex becomes “protected information”, and it’s a criminal offence for someone who learns of it in an official capacity to disclose it unless one of a very limited list of exceptions applies.

https://www.scottishlegal.com/articles/naomi-cunningham-the-chilling-effect-of-scotlands-proposed-gender-recognition-regime

Would that make it a potential criminal offence to mis gender someone? 

Not sure how accurate that is mind you, apparently it won’t change your sex legally but there does seem to be some debate around this I think. 

17 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

We all post some amount of shite at times

This is one of those occasions !

1 hour ago, ParisInAKilt said:

A Gender Recognition Certificate doesn’t literally change your sex – it’s not a magic spell – but it is an extraordinarily powerful piece of paper. It enables you to have a new birth certificate issued saying that you were born the opposite sex. Your true sex becomes “protected information”, and it’s a criminal offence for someone who learns of it in an official capacity to disclose it unless one of a very limited list of exceptions applies.

https://www.scottishlegal.com/articles/naomi-cunningham-the-chilling-effect-of-scotlands-proposed-gender-recognition-regime

Not sure how accurate that is mind you, apparently it won’t change your sex legally but there does seem to be some debate around this I think. 

that’s a disgrace.  Birth certificates are worthless then if they state blatant factual mistakes.  I might choose to identify as ten years younger and choose to have my birth certificate to have a totally different date of birth - equally ludicrous.  The world has gone mad.

2 hours ago, Malcolm said:

that’s a disgrace.  Birth certificates are worthless then if they state blatant factual mistakes.  I might choose to identify as ten years younger and choose to have my birth certificate to have a totally different date of birth - equally ludicrous.  The world has gone mad.

I identify as a rich landowner. Call me Sir Duncan, I demand it. Now, where the hell is my country estate? I think I'll away and take my rightful ownership of some existing landowner's place of refuge. 
Now, THAT I could get behind. 🙂

24 minutes ago, duncan II said:

I identify as a rich landowner. Call me Sir Duncan, I demand it. Now, where the hell is my country estate? I think I'll away and take my rightful ownership of some existing landowner's place of refuge. 
Now, THAT I could get behind. 🙂

😂😂😂

6 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Majority of those were no voting/supporting Brexiteers so my sympathy is very little for them. 

7 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Surely you can say or call yourself whatever you want and have a right to that but gender is biological. I could say I identify as a slug, fine, but I'm biologically not a slug. You may have a legal right to say what you like but legally that is incorrect? biological status is biological status. 
Or maybe I'm not a slug, just a dinosaur.  

6 hours ago, Bzzzz said:

Surely you can say or call yourself whatever you want and have a right to that but gender is biological. I could say I identify as a slug, fine, but I'm biologically not a slug. You may have a legal right to say what you like but legally that is incorrect? biological status is biological status. 
Or maybe I'm not a slug, just a dinosaur.  

you are entirely correct.  You cant change science despite what the loony left snp/green folk think.

7 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Majority of those were no voting/supporting Brexiteers so my sympathy is very little for them. 

Majority of the northeast voted brexit? Go look at the results of Aberdeenshire and get back to me,, the majority of Scotland voted no,, so that is also irrelevant 

6 hours ago, phart said:

the current situation is unsustainable.  Too many people living longer and not enough younger people coming through to grown the tax take.  It’s very unclear to me how this situation can be resolved and I can only see it getting worse.  A move to some kind of private health insurance seems inevitable.

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

the current situation is unsustainable.  Too many people living longer and not enough younger people coming through to grown the tax take.  It’s very unclear to me how this situation can be resolved and I can only see it getting worse.  A move to some kind of private health insurance seems inevitable.

Health insurance has nothing to do with the factors at play here. It's ambulance waiting times which primary problem is social care which has been gutted during austerity. Moving to health insurance doesn't do anything for that.

The American model of health insurance has been destroying the middle-class there much more effectively than a 2% disparity in the middle band tax-rate here.