Indyref 2 (2) - Page 48 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

5 hours ago, daviebee said:

You seriously believe that this won't be used as an extra weapon to beat the Yes side over the head with?  The way it'll be presented, people will give a lot more than zero f*cks.

The amount of denial or lack of foresight in independence supporters over this subject or other dodgey actions of the current SNP is worrying although not surprising. You have aaid the oracle think she knows everything and calls anyone who disagrees a bigot. Then you have the cheerleaders who tell her she is right, the general public are awakening to this, what a shit show 

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

The amount of denial or lack of foresight in independence supporters over this subject or other dodgey actions of the current SNP is worrying although not surprising. You have aaid the oracle think she knows everything and calls anyone who disagrees a bigot. Then you have the cheerleaders who tell her she is right, the general public are awakening to this, what a shit show 

Why do you consistently refer to me as “she” do you think it’s funny or that somehow it winds me up?   It doesn’t, I just think it’s very odd behaviour and probably says more about you than it does me.

1 hour ago, aaid said:

Why do you consistently refer to me as “she” do you think it’s funny or that somehow it winds me up?   It doesn’t, I just think it’s very odd behaviour and probably says more about you than it does me.

I just picture you as Anne blackford, don’t know why 

8 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Not sure it will harm independence that much, the Tories aren’t that far behind or far apart from what the snp think on this 

It’s the broader impression that it makes, not the intricate details of the debate, from an independence point of view, it should never have been touched

22 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

It’s the broader impression that it makes, not the intricate details of the debate, from an independence point of view, it should never have been touched

As a strong independence supporter who has always voted SNP I am torn on this.

Personally I disagree with a fair bit of SNP policy however they are a means to an end.

However they have a job to do. Part of that job is governing the country. Would people want them to not make any laws or act in anyway that might be unpopular to the wider cause. If so then in the absence of another referendum, what would be the point of voting them into government.

Anytime im speaking to NO friends I try and steer the debate away from the individual issue and more towards the benefit of having a government in Scotland who can make such decisions. In an indpendent Scotland the party voted in could ammend or replace any bill they see fit. Currently we are at least partly handcuffed by London.

7 hours ago, daviebee said:

You seriously believe that this won't be used as an extra weapon to beat the Yes side over the head with?  The way it'll be presented, people will give a lot more than zero f*cks.

You may or may not be right. I just find it bizarre that people would decide the independence of their country on such a minor thing.

Looking on from Ireland (where this stuff has been in place for years and nobody cares or talks about it because it doesn't affect them), it just seems laughable.

Someone mentioned Jim Spence earlier... He seems to be losing his mind over this issue

Screenshot (3).png

7 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

You may or may not be right. I just find it bizarre that people would decide the independence of their country on such a minor thing.

Looking on from Ireland (where this stuff has been in place for years and nobody cares or talks about it because it doesn't affect them), it just seems laughable.

Someone mentioned Jim Spence earlier... He seems to be losing his mind over this issue

Screenshot (3).png

The culture wars always have folk losing their mind. It's why I refuse to even think about them.

You end up ranting about back street abortionists ;)

35 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I think it’s been handled badly, not just by the snp but in a much wider context but if they as a party believe that they do, implementing legislation is what independent countries do. 

3 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I think it’s been handled badly, not just by the snp but in a much wider context but if they as a party believe that they do, implementing legislation is what independent countries do. 

I think folk on here are misreading my opinion on the issue, tbh personally I couldn’t give a shit regarding it, what I do give a shit about is how it has been handled and the green influence on it, Will this policy further the case for independence? No will it hell. So why have the snp hierarchy pushed it so so hard? A long term associate who has worked with various msp’s over the last twenty five years messaged yesterday to say he is considering giving up his membership. A very nice timid man he is. If he is feeling like that, god knows how the general membership feels,, he said he has had hundreds of letters regarding the subject(he holds an official role) from 

1 hour ago, Dave78 said:

Screenshot (3).png

Jim Spence blocked me umpteen years ago for a totally vanilla political point

He lost it a while ago

I must have been right suspecting he was anti Independence

14 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

So whats the legal position on this?….  A preop transexual uses a communal women’s changing room exposing themselves to all and sundry.   Is this behaviour legal?

Whatever the legal position is, it will be unchanged by the legislation.

7 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Ach well, on the upside, when there are enormous queues at hampden for a pee, can just nip in to the ladies, no questions asked.

I thought there was a 3 month period before you could do anything like that.

Folk are making stuff in their head and then getting angry it. I'm getting extreme ambivalence about laughing at it.

As if nobody on here has ever used a Ladies toilet when they were desperate FFS

Granted it was when the toilets for men and women only took one at a time