Qatar 2022 World Cup Finals - Page 18 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Qatar 2022 World Cup Finals

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Can't see Ecuador or Senegal causing England any problems. Maybe Ecuador would if Valencia was fully fit, but he isn't.

When do we start getting worried about you know who winning it? Yes they were poor against a good USA team but they're going into the next round and I've not been massively impressed by many of the so called top teams.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup-2022-inside-qatar-only-british-pub-1995981?utm_source=pocket-newtab-global-en-GB

Over £8 for a Jagerbomb

Special Deal - 3 drinks for £22 or 6 drinks for £40

I think that's quite close to what the pub prices were in Sweden during Euro 92 - was a fiver a pint when it was only £1.30 here

TBH 6 drinks for 40 notes isn't far off what you'd pay in the centre of Glasgow.

7 hours ago, Och Aye said:

Get me a bucket 🤮

Screenshot_20221129-102101.png

Any chance of a bit of Celtic solidarity, Wales refusing to play their colonial oppressors as the SC ruling basically meaning that no other country can be free from England's dominion? It wont happen but would be some statement if it did! 

48 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

When do we start getting worried about you know who winning it? Yes they were poor against a good USA team but they're going into the next round and I've not been massively impressed by many of the so called top teams.

It's always a worry until they go out. 😂

Yet another easy draw for them, means they don't need to play anybody half decent until the Quarter finals. 

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Can't see Ecuador or Senegal causing England any problems. Maybe Ecuador would if Valencia was fully fit, but he isn't.

Based on the group games neither can I.  It's a pity Sadio Mane is out.

The Netherlands, on the other hand, could, but England look stick-ons to win their group. 

2 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

They’re due to play France in the quarters I think and if so that’ll be as far as they get. 

The United States have been the better side against Iran - Iran did seem content to sit deep and play for a draw though; 1-0 down at half-time though, with a disallowed US goal in stoppage time (must've been very marginally offside). The Iranians must go for it in the second half.

44 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

They’re due to play France in the quarters I think and if so that’ll be as far as they get. 

Aye, I'd fancy France to beat them fairly easily.

41 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Wales are pish, England should be well ahead here.

Almost as crap as us. 😂

That's England world beaters again with the best players ever

Funny how they could say they didnt know how good Ecuador were because Qatar were pish

1 minute ago, Ally Bongo said:

That's England world beaters again with the best players ever

Funny how they could say they didnt know how good Ecuador were because Qatar were pish

They've had good results against Iran and Wales - they're not the teams which determine who'll win the World Cup though. The French should beat them, if the Senegalese don't.

10 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

They've had good results against Iran and Wales - they're not the teams which determine who'll win the World Cup though. The French should beat them, if the Senegalese don't.

They’ve comfortably beaten teams they should have beaten comfortably. 

4 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

england looking really good going forward.  Still think their defence is not quite there to win it but you never know.  Spain, France and Brazil look good… England could go all the way if they can knock out France.

They’ve looked good against 2 diddy teams and we’re absolutely ordinary against a team with a modicum of quality. They’re in no way equipped to win this tournament. 

1 minute ago, Fairbairn said:

They’ve looked good against 2 diddy teams and we’re absolutely ordinary against a team with a modicum of quality. They’re in no way equipped to win this tournament. 

yeah, it was an easy group.  I still think England are in the second tier of teams that could win it.

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

yeah, it was an easy group.  I still think England are in the second tier of teams that could win it.

Agreed.

I think Brazil, France and Spain are the most likely to win it from what I've seen of this World Cup.

Argentina, England, Germany, the Netherlands and Portugal are in that second tier for me. Belgium have fallen out of that group, in my mind, with their performances; Argentina were in the top tier before the tournament.