U21s - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

U21s

Hertsscot

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good win; 3-1. Bowie with two; Doak won and scored a penalty. Hungary's goal was soft to concede; player unmarked from a corner and he scored at the second attempt. Max Johnston got two yellows in second half stoppage time. We looked dangerous from balls into the box and direct running with the ball.

Was pleased with Gemmil finally playing the same formation as the A team.

Thought Doak was exciting and played well but probably enough bits on show to understand why he isnt quite in main squad yet.

Overall pleased with how comfortable all our players look on the ball. Really like the look of Barron. Not seen that much of him but he impressed me when he came on in Aberdeens last euro match.

King played well in holding role aswell. How he isnt deemed good enough to play for Rangers is beyond me.

Silly sending off from Johnstone at the end but he will learn from it.

48 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Thought Doak was exciting and played well but probably enough bits on show to understand why he isnt quite in main squad yet.

Overall pleased with how comfortable all our players look on the ball. Really like the look of Barron. Not seen that much of him but he impressed me when he came on in Aberdeens last euro match.

King played well in holding role aswell. How he isnt deemed good enough to play for Rangers is beyond me.

I was a bit worried about King, but I now think he’ll be a top midfield player. He really makes the game look easy. He needs to keep playing in central midfield. 

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

It's written in the stars for Doak to be that special young one at the euros.  It's happening guys!

12 hours ago, todd said:

It's written in the stars for Doak to be that special young one at the euros.  It's happening guys!

Apparently Clarke was at the game and when Doak was subbed off, he just left. If true, that is pretty telling. 

I'm going to assume the France game has come too soon for him, but Clarke will surely have been impressed enough to consider him for the next set of matches. Especially if we have already qualified.

30 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

Apparently Clarke was at the game and when Doak was subbed off, he just left. If true, that is pretty telling. 

I'm going to assume the France game has come too soon for him, but Clarke will surely have been impressed enough to consider him for the next set of matches. Especially if we have already qualified.

That seems odd, unless he was catching a flight. 

34 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

That seems odd, unless he was catching a flight. 

I'm surprised he was at the game at all. Did he fly from Spain back to Scotland? Then flew to France? That seems like quite an unnecessary undertaking. Unless he was very seriously considering calling up Doak this weekend.

55 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

I'm surprised he was at the game at all. Did he fly from Spain back to Scotland? Then flew to France? That seems like quite an unnecessary undertaking. Unless he was very seriously considering calling up Doak this weekend.

Assume the whole squad flew back to Scotland straight after the game and will travel to France on Monday? 

15 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Barron was really good before transfer hype last year, he fell out of favour for some reason but has been superb when he’s played recently. He’s a real buzz bomb in midfield and can pass as well 👍

On 10/13/2023 at 11:26 PM, er yir macaroon said:

I was a bit worried about King, but I now think he’ll be a top midfield player. He really makes the game look easy. He needs to keep playing in central midfield. 

I really hope not, I hope he turns into a top passing centre back. If he moves into midfield he’ll probably be good, but I’ve seen nothing from him that screams elite level midfielder. I’ve seen plenty that makes me think he could be elite as a centre back. Being utterly selfish, Scotland doesn’t need more midfielders but very much needs some top centre backs.

2 hours ago, Scots_Wha_Hae said:

I really hope not, I hope he turns into a top passing centre back. If he moves into midfield he’ll probably be good, but I’ve seen nothing from him that screams elite level midfielder. I’ve seen plenty that makes me think he could be elite as a centre back. Being utterly selfish, Scotland doesn’t need more midfielders but very much needs some top centre backs.

Idk arguably we do need defensive midfielders who can put their foot in & protect the back. Only Ryan Jack is that type & he looks past his best.

Though it's way too early for King to be quoted as potentially good enough in any position.

16 hours ago, Scots_Wha_Hae said:

I hear what you’re saying but I’ve been extremely impressed with him in midfield. I’m not convinced he’s quite tall enough to be a really top tier centre back (in a back four anyway), but his physicality could be great in midfield. He looks completely unhurried in that position which is always a good sign - strolls it.

Edited by er yir macaroon

2 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

I hear what you’re saying but I’ve been extremely impressed with him in midfield. I’m not convinced he’s quite tall enough to be a really top tier centre back (in a back four anyway), but his physicality could be great in midfield. He looks completely unhurried in that position which is always a good sign - strolls it.

Sounds good, let's see if Rangers can recognize his potential in that position.