U21s - Page 16 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

U21s

Hertsscot

4 minutes ago, DesiScotsman said:

It’ll be interesting see if Barron is still an Aberdeen player next season. Contract expires this summer and was strongly linked with a move to Swansea City in January.

Realistically most young players from  Scotland's too flight aren't going to go straight into the EPL. Moving to a decent Championship side is probably the way to go as hopefully they'll be more game time 

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, DesiScotsman said:

It’ll be interesting see if Barron is still an Aberdeen player next season. Contract expires this summer and was strongly linked with a move to Swansea City in January.

Yup, out of contract in summer and no idea who the next Aberdeen manager will be. Could choose his clubs from mid to top of English championship (including Swansea). Big decision for him. 

22 minutes ago, davierobbsagod said:

any regular todders goers on here back up the connor barron love in going on here ? I'm not convinced at all

Tbh last night was the best I've seen him play. It will be interesting to get views from those who see him more often. 

Barron has looked comfortable anytime ive seen him. Not anywhere ready for the full squad but with some regular 1st team football he could easily develop into a solid squad player. He probably is showing just as much if not more promise than Ferguson was at the same age.

Max Johnstone interests me. Again I dont think he is ready for the step up however if Hickey didnt make the Euros squad and the choice was between him and Ralston id be leaning towards Johnstone. Ralston has more experience but in my mind is fairly limited whereas Johnstones ability ceiling is much higher. They have played the same amount of games this year so its not like Ralston has had a full season of solid performances behind him.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2024 at 10:43 PM, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Don’t see why not. He was brought up here and played for our previous youth teams. Isn’t going to be called up by England. Described Scotland as ‘home’ in an interview the other day. 

Suppose playing for the African champions is pretty appealing but not any time soon I’d imagine. 

Bit weird that we called up than random league 2 Irish under 21 player who didn’t want to play for us but not Dembele. 

I see he’s in the 3 nominated for League One young player of the season so must be doing OK 

5 hours ago, GHfaeGTA said:

I see he’s in the 3 nominated for League One young player of the season so must be doing OK 

Yeah obviously good enough for our under 21s. 

Looks like he’ll also be, or close to, Blackpool’s player of the season. Which is not bad for a 21 year old. 

Not sure if Brest will keep him next season given that they’ll likely be in the champions league. I’d imagine he’ll go to an English championship club, and hope for similar game time to this season. (And a place in our squad 😅)