Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 12 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

4 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Goal for Armstrong assisted by Adams. Sounds great unless you note that they made 7 passes between them in the first half. 

Stuart Armstrong is on the bench. Adams set up Adam Armstrong for the goal

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Mckenna scored for forest today but they lost 2 1

Gilmour playing against Liverpool right now

Norwich have been chasing shadows for most of the game. At least it'll give Billy a taste of what to expect when he's playing for Scotland against half-decent opposition!

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

Norwich have been chasing shadows for most of the game. At least it'll give Billy a taste of what to expect when he's playing for Scotland against half-decent opposition!

Not sure how much of a difference he will make to them , they are heading straight back down again. 

2 hours ago, DAVIDB46 said:

Mcburnie had better not be anywhere near the next 

No chance unless he bangs in 3 or 4 goals in the next couple of weeks, that's highly unlikely as he didn't even start today. 

Strikers will be as in the Euros, Adams, Nisbet & Dykes. Squad will also be pretty much the same though one player who should be under serious consideration is Scott Wright, apparently he was poor against Malmo but apart from that Rangers fans are raving about him. 

19 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Dykes scored, big season for him, could earn himself a move to the EPL. 

Yeh true, thought he was poor during the Euros but think he is still pretty raw at this level so room for improvement in him. Good start for him today, long may it continue. 

14 hours ago, Rab The Crab said:

Burke starting wide for Sheffield United. Time for him to prove himself at the level he first impressed.

I've written him off and you would be wise to do the same. How many clubs/loans has he had? And he has yet to stick with any of them. There's a reason for that; he has no game intelligence, all he can do is run.

7 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I've written him off and you would be wise to do the same. How many clubs/loans has he had? And he has yet to stick with any of them. There's a reason for that; he has no game intelligence, all he can do is run.

I made a big effort to see him when he got minutes at Leipzig. Looked raw but capable at that level. Must have been unable to develop from 'raw' in terms of positional and tactical side of the game. A shame as he's got the physical attributes. A season in the Chsmpionship where he plays every week at least lets him rebuild his career. Hope he does well.

Edited by killiefaetheferry

5 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I made a big effort to see him when he got minutes at Leipzig. Looked raw but capable at that level. Must have been unable to develop from 'raw' in terms of positional and tactical side of the game. A shame as he's got the physical attributes. A season in the Chsmpionship where he plays every week at least lets him rebuild his career. Hope he does well.

I think it was Rodgers that first played him as a striker, and most managers since have done the same. If you want your striker to close down and pester defences, then he's good at that, but other than that, he really isn't suited to being a striker.

I even think he'd make a good full back. Total wasted talent. He needs to be in a team with a manager that will play him to his strengths.

1 hour ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I saw a comment from the Leipzig coaching staff to the effect that he'd never been properly coached before joining them and had little game intelligence.   I don't think he's really kicked on since he broke through at Forest and at 24 I don't see him suddenly developing a touch, a final ball and a brain.

1 hour ago, Tartan blood said:

I even think he'd make a good full back. Total wasted talent. He needs to be in a team with a manager that will play him to his strengths.

The Olympic Track and Field manager?