Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 11 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Glass rotated the squad. Ramsay came on at the end. 

I think ramsay will start on Thursday night

Brown and McRorie were also benched. I think he was thinking about Europe. Seemed a bit risky since you'd think the league would be Aberdeen's priority, but he clearly has a lot of faith in his players.

He's possibly also thinking he'll get more funds if they qualify for Europe. Again, risky, since Celtic withhold funds virtually every year until Celtic and qualify. Most of the time failing to do so. Partly because of not being funded. Vicious cycle.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Anthony Ralston seems intent on mounting a challenge....................................😉

Maybe up front...  :lol:  To be fair to the guy that's a couple of cracking goals he's bagged.

It'd be good if he developed into an option under Celtic's new regime, but the way they keep getting linked with other right-backs I doubt that'll happen.

16 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

I wasn't being serious about Ralston. As things stand, he's not an upgrade on O'Donnell.

If Patterson doesn't get games and Ramsay continues his impressive start, then Ramsay should at least be called into the squad for Clarke to have a closer look.

I agree with that.  From what I've seen of Ramsay - which admittedly isn't much - he looks quite a prospect. 

12 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

The second was a brilliant strike. 

I was worried that a new manager coming in would be the end of having so many Scots. However, the opposite has been the case, so far. Both Christie and McGregor are completely rejuvenated under Ange. Ralston is getting unexpected game time. And Welsh has started the season very well.

I'd love for Christie to stay at Celtic with the form he's in. Moving elsewhere will mean he has to prove himself again.

1 hour ago, noctonjock said:

Why doesn't that stubborn barstard Gerrard give Kelly some minutes now the game is won 

Aye it's something that has irritated me for years under Gerrard. We have some cracking young players who are on the cusp of being ready and he is afraid to give them minutes.

People talk about how pragmatic Clarke is, but Gerrard is just as bad if not worse when it comes to young players.

Kelly came on with 12 minutes to go and was impressive and done more than Arfield who came on earlier. Kelly should've started or even came on at halftime. He is more than ready for more minutes at Rangers. In the first leg against Malmö, Arfield was done by 50/60 minutes and Lundstrom was rotten. No one is going to tell me bringing fresh and hungry legs on in Kelly wouldn't have been a better option, than keeping 2 misfiring players on for 90 minutes. 

McCrorie (as #2), King, Kelly, McPake, Kennedy, Middleton and others are more than good enough to be squad options for Rangers. Patterson should be a starter as well.

I previously gave Gerrard a lot of leeway when it came to young players as we had to stop Celtic winning 10iaR* but now that was stopped, he has to think about the longterm development of the club. Arfield is done and we should be phasing him out and trying to bring Kelly through.

13 hours ago, csinclair said:

Tierney is in for a long season playing alongside these Arsenal defenders

They paid £50 million for one of them too, and he was outclassed last night by a centre-forward who was playing Championship football last season!

Tierney played well last night though, which is all I really care about. It's just a shame that he appears to have gone to the right club but at the wrong time.

12 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Aye it's something that has irritated me for years under Gerrard. We have some cracking young players who are on the cusp of being ready and he is afraid to give them minutes.

People talk about how pragmatic Clarke is, but Gerrard is just as bad if not worse when it comes to young players.

Kelly came on with 12 minutes to go and was impressive and done more than Arfield who came on earlier. Kelly should've started or even came on at halftime. He is more than ready for more minutes at Rangers. In the first leg against Malmö, Arfield was done by 50/60 minutes and Lundstrom was rotten. No one is going to tell me bringing fresh and hungry legs on in Kelly wouldn't have been a better option, than keeping 2 misfiring players on for 90 minutes. 

McCrorie (as #2), King, Kelly, McPake, Kennedy, Middleton and others are more than good enough to be squad options for Rangers. Patterson should be a starter as well.

I previously gave Gerrard a lot of leeway when it came to young players as we had to stop Celtic winning 10iaR* but now that was stopped, he has to think about the longterm development of the club. Arfield is done and we should be phasing him out and trying to bring Kelly through.

It's definitely a weakness of Gerrard's. Celtic have shown that if you put faith in talented youngsters they can reward you.

McPake sounds like a great prospect but I believe he's spending this season on loan at Morecambe!

2 hours ago, scotlad said:

They paid £50 million for one of them too, and he was outclassed last night by a centre-forward who was playing Championship football last season!

Tierney played well last night though, which is all I really care about. It's just a shame that he appears to have gone to the right club but at the wrong time.

It's definitely a weakness of Gerrard's. Celtic have shown that if you put faith in talented youngsters they can reward you.

McPake sounds like a great prospect but I believe he's spending this season on loan at Morecambe!

McPake tore League 2 apart last season and has stepped up to League 1 to play under Stephen Robinson. Robinson is a very underated manager who is good at developing young players.

Hopefully he has a good season. He went out too early on loan and it seemed to stunt his development.

I see Jack Stretton a 19 year old forward , fingers crossed,  just  wondering how eligible he is for scotland, born in England.

Hopefully a big season ahead for Dembele will convince him to go all in with Scotland, with the added bonus we might get the youngest one back too if he has his  heart set on playing with his brother.