Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, DAVIDB46 said:

Mcburnie on for a sub appearance to look as ineffective as ever.

will that be enough to walk back into squad 

Not saying he is a world beater but 10 minutes after returning from injury is probably not the best time to judge him. 

Personally interested to see how he plays in a new formation. 

32 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Not saying he is a world beater but 10 minutes after returning from injury is probably not the best time to judge him. 

Personally interested to see how he plays in a new formation. 

Hard to judge him on that performance really given the Blades had decided to just throw 4 strikers on and hope for the best

53 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Andrew Robertson off injured for Liverpool in a pre-season friendly, and it looks a bad one.  :(

Well there is bad and there is bad. He limped off aided and not stretchered off. It would seem to rule him out of the September trio of matches sadly but we do have Tierney to slot in there as left wing-back so it is not completely calamitous.

4 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Well there is bad and there is bad. He limped off aided and not stretchered off. It would seem to rule him out of the September trio of matches sadly but we do have Tierney to slot in there as left wing-back so it is not completely calamitous.

Hopefully it's not as bad as it looks but the way he went over on his ankle looked horrible.  😳

2 hours ago, bigfingers said:

KT back to his usual position and McGinn captain. Doesn’t sound too bad… does it? 

Aye, providing KT stays fit, otherwise it's likely to be Greg Taylor at LWB alongside Liam Cooper or Scott McKenna at left centre-half, and suddenly the left side of our defence has a distinctly mediocre look about it.

If we're serious about qualifying for the World Cup, or even getting to a play-off, we're going to need as many of our best players available as possible. Robbo is one of 5 genuinely top drawer players we have.

12 hours ago, scotlad said:

Hopefully it's not as bad as it looks but the way he went over on his ankle looked horrible.  😳

Aye, providing KT stays fit, otherwise it's likely to be Greg Taylor at LWB alongside Liam Cooper or Scott McKenna at left centre-half, and suddenly the left side of our defence has a distinctly mediocre look about it.

If we're serious about qualifying for the World Cup, or even getting to a play-off, we're going to need as many of our best players available as possible. Robbo is one of 5 genuinely top drawer players we have.

His performances at the Euros really put any doubts about his ability in a Scotland shirt. Arguably the only player better than him was Hanley, though Robbo is obviously the better player in general.

If we did have Robbo and Tierney out, the whole formation needs reshaped. I'd load up on attacking midfielders, since we under-utilise them anyway. Although they are defenders, both Robbo and Tierney are huge creative outlets that we'll badly miss in attack.

13 hours ago, scotlad said:

Greg Taylor is semi pish/pish.

Would rather see Doig called up if Robbo is out. 

On 8/9/2021 at 1:15 AM, scotlad said:

Totally agree 👌

29 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

I don’t see much game time for Patterson this season.  I think o donnels place in the team will remain unchallenged?

Sadly I think your right, if Ramsay continues his great start, he should get the chance but sadly I can't see Clarke going down that route.

6 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Sadly I think your right, if Ramsay continues his great start, he should get the chance but sadly I can't see Clarke going down that route.

Was there not a Scottish lad that plays right back for West Ham?

what happened to h8m, is he getting a game?

2 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Anthony Ralston seems intent on mounting a challenge....................................😉

Well… that remains to be seen.  If he can keep his place and Celtic have a decent europa league run he might be in with a shout.

harrison Ashby is the guy I was thinking about at West Ham, not sure if he will feature this season.

there is also the option of hickey, if he can get a starting slot in serie A.  He is right footed even though he plays left.

I wasn't being serious about Ralston. As things stand, he's not an upgrade on O'Donnell.

If Patterson doesn't get games and Ramsay continues his impressive start, then Ramsay should at least be called into the squad for Clarke to have a closer look.

Edited by Barney Rubble