Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 310 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, immcinto said:

The article is OK. The guy is an Irish war correspondent with close ties to Eastern Europe. it is only posted here because the poster was scraping the barrel trying to find an example of a Welsh football pundit publicly backing Ukraine to beat Wales. It is completely out of context

Nah. The article is full of VS and BS of the highest order. 😝😄

17 hours ago, syecosse said:

Mellon on the scoresheet for Morecombe again, Bowie 2 in 3 days for Blackpool, outsider now but Tom Cairney got MOM last night in the prem for Fulham v Wolves.

I always thought Cairney would have got a few more caps for us but I suspect that he'll not got any more. 

Forgot about this guy and stumbled across a post about him but Rob Apter who is just 20 has just scored 5 goals in 5 games on loan at Tranmere from  Blackpool, midfield, was loved on loan at Scunthorpe last season who loved him, I typed his name into twitter and all sounds very impressive for various different stats, recently made 6 caps for our u19s. 

3 hours ago, syecosse said:

Forgot about this guy and stumbled across a post about him but Rob Apter who is just 20 has just scored 5 goals in 5 games on loan at Tranmere from  Blackpool, midfield, was loved on loan at Scunthorpe last season who loved him, I typed his name into twitter and all sounds very impressive for various different stats, recently made 6 caps for our u19s. 

Just been reading & watched a couple of of goals from the kid, looks a talent & quite a exciting wide player but he is playing at a low level so let's see if Blackpool extend his loan in January or bring him back where he could end up playing or competing for a place with Karamoko Dembele.

1 hour ago, HighlandScot said:

Kevin Nisbet scores late consolation goal for Millwall.

It is disconcerting to see Ross Stewart mysteriously not even on the bench for Southampton, as I was hoping he would start.

Reading the Southampton fans forum they are also worried as they've been given no reason why he wasn't listed. Some are saying when he came off the bench at the weekend he didn't look ready so he is probably being given a extra weeks training . Let's see if he makes the squad at the weekend.

Good to see Nisbet & especially Dykes amongst the goals this week, they where both overdue a league goal .

13 hours ago, theabsentee said:

Reading the Southampton fans forum they are also worried as they've been given no reason why he wasn't listed. Some are saying when he came off the bench at the weekend he didn't look ready so he is probably being given a extra weeks training . Let's see if he makes the squad at the weekend.

Good to see Nisbet & especially Dykes amongst the goals this week, they where both overdue a league goal .

Russell Martin has confirmed he had an injury setback. 

I’m not so sure Ross Stewart will be the messiah some here like to make him out to be tbh. 

Injured, potentially injury prone, has scored very few goals at a decent level and will be nearly 28 by the next international break. 

Cant see him getting near the Euros squad. 

Edited by ProudScot

4 hours ago, ProudScot said:

I’m not so sure Ross Stewart will be the messiah some here like to make him out to be tbh. 

Injured, potentially injury prone, has scored very few goals at a decent level and will be nearly 28 by the next international break. 

Cant see him getting near the Euros squad. 

I  don't think anyone is saying he is the next messiah, but we cant really say how good he is.

Scored more than a goal every 2 games in the first division for Suderland which any half decent forward should do.

He did score 10 goals and have 3 assists in 11 games in the championship though which is pretty impressive.

Just have to wait and see.

Jack fletcher( Darren fletchers son)is training with the man utd first team and ten hag is talking about fast tracking him. He's a midfielder, not quite sure what type but if hes like his dad then it will defensive duties he will be best at.

I think he's with the England youth set up but surely Darren would push him over to Scotland when the time comes.

52 minutes ago, theabsentee said:

Russell Martin's the Southampton manager & he is referring to Ross Stewart very sadly having a injury set back which we hope is minor.. 

Just thought I'd clear that up for you😉

Whoosh

Almost forgotten man Calvin Ramsey gets his first start for Preston against QPR tonight, let's hope now he is finally fit he can seriously impress & return to Liverpool next season as a first team squad player.

Dykes starts , Liam Lindsay also if anyone has time to watch & possibly confirm what many of us suspect he isn't good with the ball at his feet.

Che Adams starts for Southampton. Stuart Armstrong too.

Ryan Fraser on the bench.

Apparently, Ross Stewart is out until Christmas/NewYear/January.

I was at St Mary's the other night. Che Adams was on the bench, but came on early doors. He didn't do much for me. Hopefully he'll impress today