Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 295 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, todd said:

I know it's nothing to do with this topic but I see that little fat barrel, England media whore, McCoist has decided he's into rugby now! Fuckin twat

England aren’t played cricket again till Tuesday, best supporters in world sport says the fat Jakkie 

9 minutes ago, dan cake said:

England aren’t played cricket again till Tuesday, best supporters in world sport says the fat Jakkie 

I really thought he was a twat before the last World Cup qualifiers began. Then after his co-commentary in those qualifiers I though, hey, I was wrong he's actually alright.  Turns out I was right all along, the guy's a fuckin walloper

2 hours ago, todd said:

I know it's nothing to do with this topic but I see that little fat barrel, England media whore, McCoist has decided he's into rugby now! Fuckin twat

He’s doing a service for the my names doddie foundation - you’re the twat. Pillock of a comment you tosser

Well done McCoist 👏🏾 

15 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

He’s doing a service for the my names doddie foundation - you’re the twat. Pillock of a comment you tosser

Well done McCoist 👏🏾 

Jimmy Saville did a shit ton of charity work.

You tosser

10 hours ago, BryanBlessed said:

If we're setting up defensively, is there an argument for replacing Dykes with McTominay. He's definitely a better finisher.

Is there a special kind of cap that McTominay could be presented if he achieves the dream of featuring in literally every type of outfield position for Scotland? Or a limited edition bingo card?

Don’t disagree with you to be honest, and it’d allow for Ferguson to be added to that midfield slot…although it’d be very different being expected to hold up the play and have back to goal than running into the box from midfield. 

At present Lewis Ferguson needs an injury crisis (a big one) for us to get a start. He would probably need at least three from McGinn, Gilmour, McTominay or McGregor to get a start. Why? Because we are on such a winning streak with a tried and tested midfield combination that has got us to where we are with McGinn and McTominay weighing in with crucial goals. Even just a couple of injuries and I think Christie and Armstrong would step in first. Clarke's success has been in building up trust and loyalty- trust/loyalty to them and them trusting each other and trusting him and giving them extra reason to give to the cause. Breaking all that up just now is not an option for me. That is not because I feel amy less of Ferguson but more just the way it is.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

9 hours ago, BookhouseBoys said:

Is there a special kind of cap that McTominay could be presented if he achieves the dream of featuring in literally every type of outfield position for Scotland? Or a limited edition bingo card?

Don’t disagree with you to be honest, and it’d allow for Ferguson to be added to that midfield slot…although it’d be very different being expected to hold up the play and have back to goal than running into the box from midfield. 

I doubt it'll happen but just putting it out there as I don't think I've ever really seen McTominay perform that well defensively for us so I'd worry his talents may be wasted away in Spain.

His control and finish Cyprus for the second goal and his first goal against Brentford. There is no way Adams or Dykes could do that.