Season 21/22 - Page 56 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

33 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

not confirmed yet but been told it will be 500 fans max at scottish football matches 

Just confirmed in parliament by Nicola Sturgeon.

To be honest, it was no great shock after the Welsh government's announcement.  Per capita they have fewer omicron cases than we have.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Celtic have contacted the SPFL to request that the winter break is brought forward. You know, for the fans! 

For once I agree with them

I await the statement from Rangers pressing the SPFL to go ahead with the match

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Celtic have contacted the SPFL to request that the winter break is brought forward. You know, for the fans! 

Ha!

New years old firm is the most watched game in Scotland by some distance. Cant imagine Sky being too happy, if they try to move it.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

For once I agree with them

I await the statement from Rangers pressing the SPFL to go ahead with the match

If they bring it forward, it’s unfair

If they keep it going, it’s unfair

Its situations like that the spfl are either tarriers or masons, with whatever decision they come to and the board that disagrees will rip them to bits. 

26 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Its situations like that the spfl are either tarriers or masons, with whatever decision they come to and the board that disagrees will rip them to bits. 

If the break is moved forward, then the Old Firm is the played when Aribo, Bassey and Balgoun are at the African Cup of Nations, but just before Kyogo and Rogic would fly out to play China (i think?) and Vietnam.

But, of course, Its about the fans.

(for the avoidance of doubt, if Rangers had a chance to gain an advanatage like this, we would absolutely be arguing for it too).

35 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

A global pandemic and the old firm are arguing about who has a better advantage from this.

Pathetic 

29 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

If the break is moved forward, then the Old Firm is the played when Aribo, Bassey and Balgoun are at the African Cup of Nations, but just before Kyogo and Rogic would fly out to play China (i think?) and Vietnam.

(for the avoidance of doubt, if Rangers had a chance to gain an advanatage like this, we would absolutely be arguing for it too).

Never knew the African Nations was even on, never thought about players that would be missing. 

I doubt they would be the first games back though, that would reshuffle the whole calendar and there’s no guarantee it’ll automatically start again after 3 weeks. 

2 hours ago, Stu101 said:

Might give some Scottish players the chance of a game?