Season 21/22 - Page 58 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Maybe they should've managed their squad better.................

They had permission for the players to play the old firm, then fly out.

Sound managment on that account.

If the league votes to change the rules mid season, then so be it. Not much our management can do about that.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

They had permission for the players to play the old firm, then fly out.

Sound managment on that account.

If the league votes to change the rules mid season, then so be it. Not much our management can do about that.

I wasnt being serious

46 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

The only club bothered about who has who available is Rangers

Both Edinburgh and Dundee derbies are happening at new year, all four clubs want the break, they are not bickering over who's injured and who's not.

Take the club Rangers out of it.

Its a fixture that goes a long way to deciding the league every year. 1 team has a fully fit and settled squad who may lose up to 3 players dependinng on when the tie is rescheduled to.

The other club has 3 or 4 1st team players injured and another who is recovering from an injury. They have also voiced their intention to purchase at least 3 players in the transfer window.

Without focussing on the club (Rangers), explain to me how thats fair?

And thats before we talk about team like St Mirren who are being made to play tonights fixture despite not having a team.

2 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Take the club Rangers out of it.

Its a fixture that goes a long way to deciding the league every year. 1 team has a fully fit and settled squad who may lose up to 3 players dependinng on when the tie is rescheduled to.

The other club has 3 or 4 1st team players injured and another who is recovering from an injury. They have also voiced their intention to purchase at least 3 players in the transfer window.

Without focussing on the club (Rangers), explain to me how thats fair?

And thats before we talk about team like St Mirren who are being made to play tonights fixture despite not having a team.

I never said this was fair, there is no solution which suits everyone.

If the games go ahead and rangers, who have a big fucking squad by the way.....if they get to play the game behind closed doors. Clubs out with the OF stand to lose a lot of money. They don't have magic money eyes trees like some clubs.

So if the one downfall from an extended winter break is a club with a massive squad lose 3 players, so be it.

What's your Solution?

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I never said this was fair, there is no solution which suits everyone.

If the games go ahead and rangers, who have a big fucking squad by the way.....if they get to play the game behind closed doors. Clubs out with the OF stand to lose a lot of money. They don't have magic money eyes trees like some clubs.

So if the one downfall from an extended winter break is a club with a massive squad lose 3 players, so be it.

What's your Solution?

Thats changing the rules to benefit some clubs to the detriment of another. Imo its irrelevent how big Rangers squad is. They are entitled to reep the benefit of that squad. Obviously games can get cancelled for a number or reasons, weather etc however as things stand the game can go ahead as per the rules of the league. The only factor here is fans and money.

I dont think think theres any obvious solution in place. Personally id have setup a fund for such occasions to lessen the blow for clubs given this was always going to be possibility. A percentage from TV money or gate receipts etc. However that would have required lessons to have been learned from a cpl of seasons ago. Something that imo nobody cares about because the main clubs adversely afftected by the decisions taken at the time were Partick, Hearts and Rangers.

I try and not let my dislike for a club to cloud my view on a topic.

As Scotland fans how would we feel if both us and Wales won our semis but Bale and Ramsay picked up a suspension. Then Wales propose rescheduling the final because no fans can attend. The finals then rescheduled for after Wales next competitive game and Bale and Ramsay are then available for the final. Id be totally raging and it would imo be totally unfair. Nobody on here would be saying, oh we have a strong squad anyway so we should just accept it.

The league has to continue, if, as posted above is true, we cancel, we can’t just simply move everything back 3 weeks. Sky have games picked, the Scottish cup final would move to June, players contracts will be up by then. 

We’ve constantly been told games can’t be cancelled for Covid at short notice because there’s no room to play them later in the season, now they just want to quit after tonight. 

That is ridiculous. 

15 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

The league has to continue, if, as posted above is true, we cancel, we can’t just simply move everything back 3 weeks. Sky have games picked, the Scottish cup final would move to June, players contracts will be up by then. 

We’ve constantly been told games can’t be cancelled for Covid at short notice because there’s no room to play them later in the season, now they just want to quit after tonight. 

That is ridiculous. 

It’s the winter break being brought forward, they’re stopping for three weeks in January anyway so the end date of the season won’t be affected: as long as it is only three weeks they stop for of course.

27 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Thats changing the rules to benefit some clubs to the detriment of another. Imo its irrelevent how big Rangers squad is. They are entitled to reep the benefit of that squad. Obviously games can get cancelled for a number or reasons, weather etc however as things stand the game can go ahead as per the rules of the league. The only factor here is fans and money.

I dont think think theres any obvious solution in place. Personally id have setup a fund for such occasions to lessen the blow for clubs given this was always going to be possibility. A percentage from TV money or gate receipts etc. However that would have required lessons to have been learned from a cpl of seasons ago. Something that imo nobody cares about because the main clubs adversely afftected by the decisions taken at the time were Partick, Hearts and Rangers.

I try and not let my dislike for a club to cloud my view on a topic.

As Scotland fans how would we feel if both us and Wales won our semis but Bale and Ramsay picked up a suspension. Then Wales propose rescheduling the final because no fans can attend. The finals then rescheduled for after Wales next competitive game and Bale and Ramsay are then available for the final. Id be totally raging and it would imo be totally unfair. Nobody on here would be saying, oh we have a strong squad anyway so we should just accept it.

I'm not letting a club child my judgement. My first reaction was to bring forward the winter break regardless of any clubs situation. I knew nothing of the plight of Rangers or celtic and I stand by my initial opinion. One team losing a few players for the African nations is not as important as the loss of income to the smaller clubs. Clearly it is to you.

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm not letting a club child my judgement. My first reaction was to bring forward the winter break regardless of any clubs situation. I knew nothing of the plight of Rangers or celtic and I stand by my initial opinion. One team losing a few players for the African nations is not as important as the loss of income to the smaller clubs. Clearly it is to you.

Im not saying you are. Im saying that alot of ppls dislike for the old firm or one side of the old firm let it affect their view.

The smaller clubs have voted to continue.

The 10 non old firm top flight clubs have to do whats best for themselves. I totally accept that. All im saying is that any such decision would be a business one rather than a sporting one.

1 minute ago, Diamond Scot said:

Im not saying you are. Im saying that alot of ppls dislike for the old firm or one side of the old firm let it affect their view.

The smaller clubs have voted to continue.

The 10 non old firm top flight clubs have to do whats best for themselves. I totally accept that. All im saying is that any such decision would be a business one rather than a sporting one.

During a global pandemic, I have no problem with decisions being business decisions. 

1 minute ago, Stu101 said:

The league rules are fair to each team. Under them, no team has an advantage over another. Now with them changed, one team massively does.

🤣🤣🤣 

You're deluded if you think Scottish football is fair and not geared towards two teams.

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

I’m utterly amazed that Omicron is safe on the 26th, but not the 29th 🤣🤣

If games are to be cancelled, cancel them all now, or dont cancel at all, just another reason why our league is a laughing stock. 

Don't think anyone has suggested Omicron is safe now but not the 29th.

Just now, vanderark14 said:

🤣🤣🤣 

You're deluded if you think Scottish football is fair and not geared towards two teams.

Never said it wasn't. Just said the league rules are fair for each team at the start of the season, otherwise you get FIFA on your back. They shouldnt be changed.