The news thread - Page 184 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, aaid said:

Her finest moment was clearly starring alongside Ian McShane as a washed up alcoholic football star and Paul Nicholas as pop star cum football chairman in Yesterdays Hero, no prizes for guessing who they were based on.   Sequences of this were filmed at York Road and the old Ivy Leaf Club in Maidenhead. 

image.jpeg.03211cbb949ea2921559b224f6502190.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

image.jpeg.03211cbb949ea2921559b224f6502190.jpeg

Some cracking football footage at York Road here in the opening titles.   They flooded the pitch to get the right sort of gritty, blood and snotters effect and ruined the pitch for the rest of the season.   The covered enclosure on the railway side has been replaced with a 550 seat grandstand and covered standing added along the end at the bottom.  The big covered terrace at Bell St - the Bell End - is still there and is largely unchanged.  

The rest of the film is pretty pish though..

Richard Madeley asks MP Layla Moran (Palestinian Heritage) if she or any of her family knew beforehand that the Hamas attacks were going to happen

32 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

How did she respond?

She was open mouthed for a couple of seconds thinking how do i respond to this

With your family connections in Gaza, did you have any indication of what was going to happen ten days ago, two weeks ago?

"Was there there any word on the street?"

"Not this, not this", the stunned MP replied.

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Richard Madeley asks MP Layla Moran (Palestinian Heritage) if she or any of her family knew beforehand that the Hamas attacks were going to happen

He used to just be an irritating but harmless fud. Now that kind of normalising of ignorance can be dangerous. 

21 minutes ago, StirlingEgg said:

He used to just be an irritating but harmless fud. Now that kind of normalising of ignorance can be dangerous. 

He's an absolute arse. I remember his question to a caller upon hearing he was a Yes voter, "Why do you hate English people?"

42 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

He's an absolute arse. I remember his question to a caller upon hearing he was a Yes voter, "Why do you hate English people?"

🫣 It's difficult to respond when you're left speechless, apart from "well you encapsulate quite a bit of it" 

Can I ask you something? are you a mother? What the fuck kind of question is that. I really wish our government weren't a bunch of ass kissing wanks. I wish they had the balls to put that silly cow on a plane back to israel and tell her to stay there

54 minutes ago, mariokempes said:

Hundreds killed in hospital bombing in Gaza

Between 200 and 300 people have been killed in a bombing of the Arab Baptist Hospital in Gaza City, a Palestinian Health Ministry spokesman has said.

Over 500 dead now. No other country would get away with this, none. 

It’s evil beyond anything that I can write. There is simply no justification, no reasoning, there’s nothing that can excuse this. 

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Can I ask you something? are you a mother? What the fuck kind of question is that. I really wish our government weren't a bunch of ass kissing wanks. I wish they had the balls to put that silly cow on a plane back to israel and tell her to stay there

If they were both cities she would be twinned with Braverman. Seething with hate. 

Pathetically weak from Burley as usual . 

10 minutes ago, kumnio said:

It’s evil beyond anything that I can write. There is simply no justification, no reasoning, there’s nothing that can excuse this. 

Israel are "not targeting civilians". 🙄

Feels as if the major western governments sat by and waited for Israel to do what it said it was going to do

I mean they could have done more to call for restraint and warned off doing exactly what they have just been doing. But they didn't.

Edited by exile

1 hour ago, mariokempes said:

Hundreds killed in hospital bombing in Gaza

Between 200 and 300 people have been killed in a bombing of the Arab Baptist Hospital in Gaza City, a Palestinian Health Ministry spokesman has said.

I think this is the hospital that Philippa Whitford worked in. She tweeted a few days back about it being hit by rocket fire. If it can ever be confirmed that it was the Israelis it was either a war crime or a reminder that for all the rhetoric about smart weapons and humane acts of war is a load of bollocks.

3 hours ago, kumnio said:

I'm trying not to say much on FB, have some Jewish girls I was pals with when I lived in Canada and got into a heated one with them year ago. Seen a couple of them defending Israel the other day. Sickens me that people I really got on with and spent a full summer day in day out with, can't see this shit.

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

It's almost like the US actually want Iran to get directly involved. I wonder why they would want that?

They are gantin for an excuse.

I really fucking hate Israel. The PM is just a cunt of the highest order.

Problem is if Israel take Gaza I think it will be for good.

3 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Almost 1,000 dead now from the hospital blast.. Mostly woman and children. I have to be very careful what I say. Israel is the fuckin devil. This is not war, this is fucking genocide... Then to not take responsibility for it?????? I hate them, fucking hate them !!!!!

There appears to be an alternative scenario in which the hospital may have been hit by a rocket fired from nearby which misfired. May not have been Israeli airstrike. 

One thing I'm uncomfortable about in this whole sorry situation is who do you believe to tell the truth? Hamas? The Palestinian Authority? The IDF? Netanyahu? Kay Burley? Jeremy Bowen? CNN? Al Jazeera?

I wouldn't trust any of them for various reasons.