The news thread - Page 179 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The source for the "beheaded babies" claim is Israeli channel i24 News. A Haaretz investigation previously found that i24 News functions as a proxy for the Netanyahu family, with directives coming directly from the Israeli Prime Minister's office at times

FFS folks. This is a truly shiity mess. Obv atrocities are carried out by all sides in any war situation.   But today , with AI as well, you simply  cannot believe some of these reports unless its independently verified be at least 3 sources. 

Yes there will be evil bastards on the hamas side. But the Israeli defence force are potentially the biggest cunts in history..they've had years of practice. 

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Cant say i agree with that… freedom if speech and all that.  I do think that those that do this are taking their chances as when emotions are high bad things happen.

I certainly have no time for radical islam and dont want to see it in our country

44 minutes ago, mariokempes said:

The source for the "beheaded babies" claim is Israeli channel i24 News. A Haaretz investigation previously found that i24 News functions as a proxy for the Netanyahu family, with directives coming directly from the Israeli Prime Minister's office at times

FFS folks. This is a truly shiity mess. Obv atrocities are carried out by all sides in any war situation.   But today , with AI as well, you simply  cannot believe some of these reports unless its independently verified be at least 3 sources. 

Yes there will be evil bastards on the hamas side. But the Israeli defence force are potentially the biggest cunts in history..they've had years of practice. 

BBC News - Inside Kfar Aza where Hamas militants killed families in their homes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-67065205

I doubt Jeremy Bowen is on Netanyahu's payroll

31 minutes ago, Mitre said:

I saw the report from Jeremy Bowen on the news earlier.  He reported being told by a solider that someone - a woman, not a child - had been beheaded.  He was also clear that he hadn’t actually opened the body bag and so couldn’t confirm that. 

Sky News is not reporting that Israeli babies were beheaded as their chief correspondent on the ground didn't see evidence and Israel has declined to confirm it 3 times. The unverified claim nevertheless leads the Times, Telegraph, Mail, Express, Indpendent, Sun and Metro.

"Babies in incubators" was what I thought of when i heard of the beheadings.

There's be a total slaughter though, I try and not read much details these days. There's now another slaughter ready to start as well.

None of the pressures/circumstances leading up to the last week being addressed though. It's been what 20 odd years since the last real attempt?

Very clear from the rhetoric from Israel that they are going to wipe out Hamas, and I imagine that they will push Palestinians out of Gaza through ground invasion.  Long ongoing occupation of Gaza ahead.

israel absolutely right to defend herself and it will be the Palestinian people that suffer unfortunately.

13 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Very clear from the rhetoric from Israel that they are going to wipe out Hamas, and I imagine that they will push Palestinians out of Gaza through ground invasion.  Long ongoing occupation of Gaza ahead.

israel absolutely right to defend herself and it will be the Palestinian people that suffer unfortunately.

Without getting into a lengthy discussion on the topic do the Palestinian ppl not suffer greatly already?

Always seems like they are getting treated like shit and dying at the hands of Israel anyways.

As someone who has always and will maintain my support for the persecuted Palestinians, Hamas have made it difficult to voice support right now.  They need taken out like Nazis were taken out and Abbas or more moderate back in.  You cannot target ordinary people in this way.  It's more than disgusting and im sure noone really needs moralising on that point.  These actions from some of their group are evil and Israel had to respond.  How they respond is a different manner.  Israel will never de-occupy, probably persecute more, more radicalised islamists and on and on it will go.  The only way it ends is if Israel de-occupy but Hamas have just ensured it won't happen any time soon.  They are as bad as Israel.

for my own health, I've tried to be less politically strident over the last ten years or so but this has affected me in a more profound way than I thought it would.  while i understand i'm sitting thousands of miles away, it's hard to watch such needless death and horror.  

Edited by PapofGlencoe

33 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

As someone who has always and will maintain my support for the persecuted Palestinians, Hamas have made it difficult to voice support right now.  They need taken out like Nazis were taken out and Abbas or more moderate back in.  You cannot target ordinary people in this way.  It's more than disgusting and im sure noone really needs moralising on that point.  These actions from some of their group are evil and Israel had to respond.  How they respond is a different manner.  Israel will never de-occupy, probably persecute more, more radicalised islamists and on and on it will go.  The only way it ends is if Israel de-occupy but Hamas have just ensured it won't happen any time soon.

I guess the difficulty both moral and practical is how do Israel destroy Hamas, holed up in one of the most densely populated areas on earth, without also killing an awful lot of innocent Palestinians in the Gaza Strip. And of course each death of an ordinary Palestinian fuels anger and extremism and further violence. It is incredibly sad.

12 hours ago, Mitre said:

1. I wouldn't trust a word on the bbc.

2. Mr Bowen is I not Jewish.  I was misinformed.. 

Edited by mariokempes
Misinformation

2 hours ago, phart said:

There's be a total slaughter though, I try and not read much details these days. There's now another slaughter ready to start as well.

None of the pressures/circumstances leading up to the last week being addressed though. It's been what 20 odd years since the last real attempt?

Same. 

The evil some people are capable of is distressing. 

3 hours ago, phart said:

Even Amnesty International were hoodwinked by that one. It just goes to show how easy it is to manipulate peoples brains. 

Folk suggesting that, because something is on the bbc, it must be true, is almost as laughable as it is sad. It just highlights how gullible humans can be. 

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Even Amnesty International were hoodwinked by that one. It just goes to show how easy it is to manipulate peoples brains. 

Folk suggesting that, because something is on the bbc, it must be true, is almost as laughable as it is sad. It just highlights how gullible humans can be. 

Agreed, it is easy to manipulate people's brains. Sadly though given past and present accounts of atrocities it's not inconceivable, people are capable of horrendous evil. And whilst I share your scepticism about the BBC, it doesn't mean that what is reported is necessarily untrue.

What is uncontroversial is that hundreds of people, including babies and infants have been murdered in cold blood and sadly many more, Palestinian and Israel, will die in the days to come.

7 minutes ago, Shaundy said:

That. Chap can take a bow. That woman is not a good human but suits the bbc perfectly. 

I don't agree.  thankfully the BBC isn't yet.. like the American channels..They put forward the opposite views, unlike in the States, it doesn't mean they believe them.