England vs Scotland🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿. Can we beat them? - Page 12 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

England vs Scotland🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿. Can we beat them?

Big Ramy 1314

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the England squad, they're more in trouble that they (or we) think.

They have one goalkeeper who has more than 1 cap and that's Jordan Pickford......

And their three out-and-out strikers (Kane, Calvert-Lewin and Watkins). Take out Kane and those two only have 8 caps between them.

I'm getting more confident of beating them, by the day.

Must say England have never really bothered me too much but that has changed recently.  Sky Sports today, 2 english 'experts' discussing the euros coming out with "well if we can't beat a team like Scotland, we don't deserve to get to the knock out stages"  Disrespectful cuntz!  That on the back of their recent tabloid response to the Scotland squad announcement of 'Och aye the who'  Seriously, and they really wonder why everyone hates them 🙄

37 minutes ago, todd said:

That on the back of their recent tabloid response to the Scotland squad announcement of 'Och aye the who'  Seriously, and they really wonder why everyone hates them 🙄

Saw it. The Sun.

Denigrating Turnbull, Gilmour and Patterson in the process:

"England have nothing to worry about when they meet Scotland at the Euros next month – because no one's even heard of Billy Gilmour, David Turnbull or Nathan Patterson.

That's the message from The Sun who appear to have written Steve Clarke 's team talk for him when the two sides meet at Wembley."

59 minutes ago, todd said:

Must say England have never really bothered me too much but that has changed recently.  Sky Sports today, 2 english 'experts' discussing the euros coming out with "well if we can't beat a team like Scotland, we don't deserve to get to the knock out stages"  Disrespectful cuntz!  That on the back of their recent tabloid response to the Scotland squad announcement of 'Och aye the who'  Seriously, and they really wonder why everyone hates them 🙄

Let them keep saying it, stuff like that works in our favour

21 hours ago, todd said:

That's what I have been saying. Fuck them, and fuck their supporters anaw. Cannae fuckin stand them !!!!!! Scotland Forever..🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

21 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

Saw it. The Sun.

"England have nothing to worry about when they meet Scotland at the Euros next month – because no one's even heard of Billy Gilmour, David Turnbull or Nathan Patterson.

That's the message from The Sun who appear to have written Steve Clarke 's team talk for him when the two sides meet at Wembley."

much prefer it when England are like this....  makes it all the sweeter if we beat them.  To be honest they are clear favourites and should win as I think we are shaping up but maybe a year or two too soon.  If we were more solid at the back I would fancy us more as Mcginn can always get us a goal.

On 5/25/2021 at 4:46 PM, Taylor1996 said:

Looking at the England squad, they're more in trouble that they (or we) think.

They have one goalkeeper who has more than 1 cap and that's Jordan Pickford......

And their three out-and-out strikers (Kane, Calvert-Lewin and Watkins). Take out Kane and those two only have 8 caps between them.

I'm getting more confident of beating them, by the day.

I'm amazed they haven't picked Bamford. After Kane their best on form goal scorer.

Bring on the cnuts !!!!!!!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

2 hours ago, fringo said:

I'm amazed they haven't picked Bamford. After Kane their best on form goal scorer.

Yeah. Me, too. He's proved a lot of people wrong this season.

Bamford is also eligible for Ireland but he has no interest in switching... at present.

3 hours ago, Malcolm said:

much prefer it when England are like this....  makes it all the sweeter if we beat them.  To be honest they are clear favourites and should win as I think we are shaping up but maybe a year or two too soon.  If we were more solid at the back I would fancy us more as Mcginn can always get us a goal.

You never know.

Looking at their squad and how relatively inexperienced it is - there are holes in their squad, as potentially explosive they are going forward.

I'm confident of getting at least a point. As per usual, the media down south are building them to be a world class team.

*knocks of wood*

On 5/25/2021 at 6:49 PM, Taylor1996 said:

Saw it. The Sun.

They come out with this shite every time we're due to play them in a meaningful game.  Pretending they don't know who our players are when half our squad play in their country, and most of them in their top division, is just silly.

I agree with the premise that they should win, and probably will win, but if it wasn't Scotland there's no way they'd be so disrespectful.  I mean, how many of the Czech team are household names?

Totally. And people used to say that the rivalry was all one-sided. Right.

I'm probably in the minority with this one, but I can't wait to face England. Players like McGinn, Tierney, Robertson, McTominay, etc, should be drumming it into the non English based players that we're playing England, not the EPL. It's the foreign imports that make the EPL what it is.

Agreed. But hey, if they want to do Clarke's teamtalk for him, all the better. ;)

4 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Totally. And people used to say that the rivalry was all one-sided. Right.

I'm probably in the minority with this one, but I can't wait to face England. Players like McGinn, Tierney, Robertson, McTominay, etc, should be drumming it into the non English based players that we're playing England, not the EPL. It's the foreign imports that make the EPL what it is.

Agreed. But hey, if they want to do Clarke's teamtalk for him, all the better. ;)

Let me do the fuckin team talk !! 11 red cards.......  Alba Gu Brath..🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

7 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Let me do the fuckin team talk !! 11 red cards.......  Alba Gu Brath..🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Would the players understand Canadian? 

On 5/26/2021 at 6:34 PM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Bring on the cnuts !!!!!!!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Hmm, strange example. Although technically an English king, he was really a Dane and extended his rule by taking the English throne too.

10 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

England are going to cut 7 players from their 33 man squad.

Early speculation is this is the list. Won't be confirmed till tomorrow:

Ramsdale
Godfrey
White
Alexander-Arnold
Greenwood
Watkins
Ward-Prowse 

I've no idea who the first three players are 🤣🤣🤣

13 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

England are going to cut 7 players from their 33 man squad.

Early speculation is this is the list. Won't be confirmed till tomorrow:

Ramsdale
Godfrey
White
Alexander-Arnold
Greenwood
Watkins
Ward-Prowse 

Greenwood has withdrawn so maybe walked before pushed.  He'd have been a decent option for them off the bench.  

Big calls taking Henderson and Maguire given their fitness - could backfire massively.    

1 minute ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Greenwood has withdrawn so maybe walked before pushed.  He'd have been a decent option for them off the bench.  

Big calls taking Henderson and Maguire given their fitness - could backfire massively.    

Seriously, they are dropping like flies:

Greenwood is out, Henderson hasn't played since February, Pope is out, Maguire is a massive doubt, Rashford has a shoulder injury and will get an operation after the Euros, Philips picked up an injury at the end of the season, Rice has only been back for a few weeks, Grealish has been back for even less. Kane was even a doubt a month or so ago.

This is why I'm so confident about getting a result against them. They're being decimated by injury.

On 5/31/2021 at 4:09 PM, scotlad said:

They come out with this shite every time we're due to play them in a meaningful game.  Pretending they don't know who our players are when half our squad play in their country, and most of them in their top division, is just silly.

I agree with the premise that they should win, and probably will win, but if it wasn't Scotland there's no way they'd be so disrespectful.  I mean, how many of the Czech team are household names?

Just a point of order here if it’s the sun or talk sport I would hardly say they speak for the whole of England. To be fair I did laugh at “och aye the who” but if you read the sun what do you expect !

of course you have a chance to beat us but realistically you will be the underdog but that doesn’t mean you can’t win. That said I think we’ll edge it 😉

1 hour ago, Nobby said:

Just a point of order here if it’s the sun or talk sport I would hardly say they speak for the whole of England. To be fair I did laugh at “och aye the who” but if you read the sun what do you expect !

of course you have a chance to beat us but realistically you will be the underdog but that doesn’t mean you can’t win. That said I think we’ll edge it 😉

I don't for one minute believe it is reflective of the whole of England, and I wasn't suggesting it was. I am certain England's players and coaching staff won't be as arrogant, and neither will a large segment of the England support.

When I said "they" I meant the English press (I thought that was fairly obvious so I didn't bother clarifying). I don't imagine the broadsheets will be much better either, they'll just use longer words.