England vs Scotland🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿. Can we beat them? - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

England vs Scotland🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿. Can we beat them?

Big Ramy 1314

15 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Maybe not but our goals are more likely to come from midfield or a set piece and McBurnie has shown bugger all in his 16 caps in terms of holding the ball up and bringing others into play. The drop in quality in Serbia especially between him and a tired Dykes was staggering, granted this was only 1 game but I’m struggling to think of McBurnie having a good game. 

Yep. I'm not McBurnie's biggest fan, but he has been unlucky (hitting the bar in two matches in a row).

I just find it strange that so many people here are lauding Adams and hating on McBurnie when they pretty much have had identical careers. I mean, both scored 22 Championship goals in the same season.

It doesn't add up.

It's a knee jerk reaction.

I'm just glad we have Lyndon Dykes. 

Edited by Taylor1996

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Ok. Read my metaphorical lips:

I don't care if Che Adams rejected us. It's done and dusted. He's playing for Scotland and that's that. I couldn't be more nonplussed. 

If you want to judge him by yourself, Southampton are playing Leicester tonight.

Come back to me after the match and give me your honest assessment.

Whit????? What in the name of fuck does metaphorical mean? I'm just a wee hard man fae Govan, so save yir prawn sandwich patter for some other cnut.. All I pointed out, was you lied. Everyone who read your posts, knows fine fuckin well you had it in for Che Adams because he turned Scotland down. You then went on to tell us you did not want him in a Scotland top because of his playing ability, bollocks !!!! You got found out. I dinnae give a flyin fuck what you think of Adams now, just admit you changed yir tune when you were called up on it. Your credibility is hanging in the balance fella..  Scotland Forever 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

5 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Yep. I'm not McBurnie's biggest fan, but he has been unlucky (hitting the bar in two matches in a row).

I just find it strange that so many people here are lauding Adams and hating on McBurnie when they pretty much have had identical careers. I mean, both scored 22 Championship goals in the same season.

It doesn't add up.

It's a knee jerk reaction.

I'm just glad we have Lyndon Dykes. 

Who’s lauding Adams?

23 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Whit????? What in the name of fuck does metaphorical mean? I'm just a wee hard man fae Govan, so save yir prawn sandwich patter for some other cnut.. All I pointed out, was you lied. Everyone who read your posts, knows fine fuckin well you had it in for Che Adams because he turned Scotland down. You then went on to tell us you did not want him in a Scotland top because of his playing ability, bollocks !!!! You got found out. I dinnae give a flyin fuck what you think of Adams now, just admit you changed yir tune when you were called up on it. Your credibility is hanging in the balance fella..  Scotland Forever 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Ok. I lied about what?

1 minute ago, Taylor1996 said:

The people who would vote for Adams.

That doesn't mean anyone is lauding him and I am willing to bet most would want Dykes as the main striker or possibly both to start our games in the Euros

Just now, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I give up...

I don't.

I said that I didn't want Adams called up because he rejected us. I didn't lie about that. I admit It freely. I admit that I said that.

I learned to accept that he will play for Scotland. (Whether he plays after Euro 2020 is an entirely different question)

I'm now judging him on his football abilities. I've watched him since his Birmingham days. He's on a par with McBurnie... damned with faint praise.

As I said, watch him tonight and make up your own mind.

9 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

I don't.

I said that I didn't want Adams called up because he rejected us. I didn't lie about that. I admit It freely. I admit that I said that.

I learned to accept that he will play for Scotland. (Whether he plays after Euro 2020 is an entirely different question)

I'm now judging him on his football abilities. I've watched him since his Birmingham days. He's on a par with McBurnie... damned with faint praise.

As I said, watch him tonight and make up your own mind.

Fair play..👍

Just loved reading that last couple of pages to catch up .Thanks 🙏 

dafties with distain that weren’t for giving up !! That a WoW 

Our record against the opposition is better than England. I wonder if England, despite their tournament favourite tag , may produce a Six Nations performance? 

4 hours ago, Shaundy said:

Just loved reading that last couple of pages to catch up .Thanks 🙏 

dafties with distain that weren’t for giving up !! That a WoW 

Our record against the opposition is better than England. I wonder if England, despite their tournament favourite tag , may produce a Six Nations performance? 

Let's hope so pal. Well said. Scotland Forever..🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

One thing that has not been mentioned, is england being over confident. The old, "Its only Scotland" I have heard this umpteen times in my 50 odd years.  I hope it's the case again. Reason is, this Scotland side are better than folk give them credit for. I know for a fact we will go in confident, not over confident, that's were Clarke will use his experience. He will have the boys in the right positive mindset. Clarke is a very unemotional figure on the touchline, I like that. I honestly believe he has an advantage over Southgate in this department.. I hope I am correct. Intae Them !!!!! SCOTLAND FOREVER 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

4 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

One thing that has not been mentioned, is england being over confident. The old, "Its only Scotland" I have heard this umpteen times in my 50 odd years.  I hope it's the case again. Reason is, this Scotland side are better than folk give them credit for. I know for a fact we will go in confident, not over confident, that's were Clarke will use his experience. He will have the boys in the right positive mindset. Clarke is a very unemotional figure on the touchline, I like that. I honestly believe he has an advantage over Southgate in this department.. I hope I am correct. Intae Them !!!!! SCOTLAND FOREVER 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

I don’t think that’s a bad place to be.  I think we have the makings of a good team but we are not quite there yet.  If you look back to euro96 we had two top international class midfielders and a title winning centre half as well as probably our best goalkeeper ever. We outplayed England much of that day, and were unlucky.  We need to not concede any easy goals and I’m not sure our defence is good enough.  I think it will be to our advantage if England have beaten Croatia in the first game.

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

I don’t think that’s a bad place to be.  I think we have the makings of a good team but we are not quite there yet.  If you look back to euro96 we had two top international class midfielders and a title winning centre half as well as probably our best goalkeeper ever. We outplayed England much of that day, and were unlucky.  We need to not concede any easy goals and I’m not sure our defence is good enough.  I think it will be to our advantage if England have beaten Croatia in the first game.

Well put Malcolm.. I painfully remember 96, Hendry and McAllister come to mind.. . Watched Skye Sports tonight, great goals. Harry Kane was on a few times. He gonnae be hard to control with our defense. Sit McTominay on him.. Let's hope for a different outcome this time round.. I am confident. Scotland Forever 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

7 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Southgate is also very calm and unemotional.  Hes very pragmatic.  He won't underestimate Scotland.  In fact southgate's biggest flaw is that he cares more about how the opposition play than his own team. If Southgate played to our strengths instead of worrying about the opposition, England would play alot better.  

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Well put Malcolm.. I painfully remember 96, Hendry and McAllister come to mind.. . Watched Skye Sports tonight, great goals. Harry Kane was on a few times. He gonnae be hard to control with our defense. Sit McTominay on him.. Let's hope for a different outcome this time round.. I am confident. Scotland Forever 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Kane won't be the only problem for you. Then you have the movement of grealish foden rashford sterling etc. Dont underestimate the quality of mount. That guy can find spaces in attack and punish the opposition with a killer pass or a goal. Im not sure how you are going to handle England's attacking threat. The pace of movement of all these players.  It would be nice if England and Scotland both qualified 

2 hours ago, roverboy said:

Kane won't be the only problem for you. Then you have the movement of grealish foden rashford sterling etc. Dont underestimate the quality of mount. That guy can find spaces in attack and punish the opposition with a killer pass or a goal. Im not sure how you are going to handle England's attacking threat. The pace of movement of all these players.  It would be nice if England and Scotland both qualified 

Naw, it would be good if you lot get pumped oot first round. Sorry fella, that's just the way I am. I dont like the english   🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

32 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Naw, it would be good if you lot get pumped oot first round. Sorry fella, that's just the way I am. I dont like the english   🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Too bad. I love u guys. Fried Mars bar is my favourite 

29 minutes ago, roverboy said:

Too bad. I love u guys. Fried Mars bar is my favourite 

Not saying I dont like you, I have great english pals over here, pals that I trust. I just dont like your country, your government, everything england stands for. I want you to lose at everything.. 😉🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

11 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Not saying I dont like you, I have great english pals over here, pals that I trust. I just dont like your country, your government, everything england stands for. I want you to lose at everything.. 😉🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Ok I understand.  I dont like the London government either. Wish we had an English parliament.  Hope u lot get ur independence.  Love to break up the union 

3 minutes ago, roverboy said:

Ok I understand.  I dont like the London government either. Wish we had an English parliament.  Hope u lot get ur independence.  Love to break up the union 

If you are being honest, then you are alright in my book pal..StIll hope yae get pumped though..🤣🤣🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🍺🍺

32 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

If you are being honest, then you are alright in my book pal..StIll hope yae get pumped though..🤣🤣🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🍺🍺

Being totally honest. I hate this union. Good luck anyway