England vs Scotland🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿. Can we beat them? - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

England vs Scotland🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿. Can we beat them?

Big Ramy 1314

8 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Your argument against Che Adams was that he’d turned us down, it’s okay for Barnes though? 

I don't give a hoot that Adams turned us down anymore.

I'm judging Adams on his abilities.

Would I have accepted Barnes? Yes. He's a good player.

Watch Che Adams tonight when Southampton play Leicester and tell him me if you think he's good. (If he plays. He probably will, Ings is injured.)

Edited by Taylor1996

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Taylor1996 said:

Yeah. I know. Unfortunately. 

Just read an article where he said that he's "English through and through", which is fair enough.

Some people here think my objection towards Che Adams Is because he rejected us. It isn't. He's just a really average striker. 

A really average striker who in his few Scotland appearances has scored a decent goal and bagged a few in the EPL unlike your supposedly better multi-capped Oli McBurnie.

9 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

A really average striker who in his few Scotland appearances has scored a decent goal and bagged a few in the EPL unlike your supposedly better multi-capped Oli McBurnie.

Oliver McBurnie: Matches - 190 - Scored - 55 (1 goal every 3.4 matches)

Che Adams: Matches - 247 - Scored - 64 (1 goal every 3.8 matches)

Yeah. I know. Unfortunately. 

Just read an article where he said that he's "English through and through", which is fair enough.

Some people here think my objection towards Che Adams Is because he rejected us. It isn't. He's just a really average striker. 

Yir arse in parsley. You went on about how Adams turned us down time after time. You even quoted ME saying "this is the man you are supporrting" and you posted a pic of Che Adams in an Engerland top...  Dinnae give us yir shite..  Aye, and as far as Harvey Barnes, yir wee pal roverboy is welcome to him.. Like I said, I dont like the fuckin Engerlish, never have. Fuck them !!!!  Scotland is all I care aboot. "Here's Tae Us, Was Like Us" Alba Gu Brath🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

13 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Yir arse in parsley. You went on about how Adams turned us down time after time. You even quoted ME saying "this is the man you are supporrting" and you posted a pic of Che Adams in an Engerland top...  Dinnae give us yir shite..  Aye, and as far as Harvey Barnes, yir wee pal roverboy is welcome to him.. Like I said, I dont like the fuckin Engerlish, never have. Fuck them !!!!  Scotland is all I care aboot. "Here's Tae Us, Was Like Us" Alba Gu Brath🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

I said "I don't give a hoot that Adams turned us down anymore." The operative word being "anymore". Which means I once cared, but not "anymore".

Was I initially apprehensive about Che Adams playing for Scotland, as he turned us down? Yep.

But it is what it is.

I'm now judging him on his footballing ability. 

Do I think he's better than Dykes? No. Is he better than McBurnie? No. Is he better than a fit and sharp Griffiths? No.

It's not a difficult concept.

Edited by Taylor1996

55 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Some people here think that when a person has a thought or opinion, they'll have that same thought or opinion forever. Like, it'll never change or evolve or mature over time.

Sounds like a miserable way to be. 

Aye, like going on and on about a mishit pass against England. Thank fck nobody does anything like that.

Some people here think that when a person has a thought or opinion, they'll have that same thought or opinion forever. Like, it'll never change or evolve or mature over time.

Sounds like a miserable way to be. 

Incorrect. You just said you did not want Adams because you did not rate him, which is a total lie. You did not want Adams because he allegedly turned up down 3 times. Fact...  I get you are fine with him now, but dont be taking us intelligent TAMBERS for mugs.. We know the real reason...  Scotlsnd Forever 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

8 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Incorrect. You just said you did not want Adams because you did not rate him, which is a total lie. You did not want Adams because he allegedly turned up down 3 times. Fact...  I get you are fine with him now, but dont be taking us intelligent TAMBERS for mugs.. We know the real reason...  Scotlsnd Forever 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Read my post again.

1. I didn't want Adams because he turned Scotland down three times. (No allegedly about it.)

2. He played for Scotland. So I decided "it is what it is" and accepted it.

3. I'm now judging him on his footballing ability.

4. I don't think he's good enough.

I really can't explain myself in a more basic way. I'll try, though, if you still aren't understanding it.

15 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Gaun yersel wee man :-))

2 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

Oliver McBurnie: Matches - 190 - Scored - 55 (1 goal every 3.4 matches)

Che Adams: Matches - 247 - Scored - 64 (1 goal every 3.8 matches)

You keep missing the point: how many of those McB goals were in the EPL, 4 of whose teams are likely to contest the 2 Euro finals? And how many has he scoted for Scotland?

Adams 1 McB 0  is the score at the moment.

3 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

You keep missing the point: how many of those McB goals were in the EPL, 4 of whose teams are likely to contest the 2 Euro finals? And how many has he scoted for Scotland?

Adams 1 McB 0  is the score at the moment.

EPL:

Oliver McBurnie: 7 goals

Che Adams: 11 goals

It's hardly a colossal differential.

Oil McBurnie 

Scotland 

16 caps and 0 goals 

Can take a good penalty and he’s probably been unlucky hitting the bar etc but let’s be frank, his general contribution is shite in a Scotland shirt. 

I don’t really rate Adams either, but if we need a goal I’m bringing Adams on before McBurnie. 

Edited by ParisInAKilt

Read my post again.

1. I didn't want Adams because he turned Scotland down three times. (No allegedly about it.)

2. He played for Scotland. So I decided "it is what it is" and accepted it.

3. I'm now judging him on his footballing ability.

4. I don't think he's good enough.

I really can't explain myself in a more basic way. I'll try, though, if you still aren't understanding it.

No need.. You a dafty

1 hour ago, Tiny Tim said:

Why would you read that into it?

It’s pretty clear to me he means the real reason is that you say he turned us down 3 times.

Exactly mate. I would never pull the race card, that is ridiculous.  He is telling us it was his ability, when clearly it was that he turned us down 3 times. Just admit it Taylor. We all read it. I'm no harassing you, just pointing out the facts.. 

1 hour ago, Tiny Tim said:

Gaun yersel wee man :-))

Ah ken TT. Scotland Forever pal..🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

29 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Oil McBurnie 

Scotland 

16 caps and 0 goals 

Can take a good penalty and he’s probably been unlucky hitting the bar etc but let’s be frank, his general contribution is shite in a Scotland shirt. 

I don’t really rate Adams either, but if we need a goal I’m bringing Adams on before McBurnie. 

Agreed. No disrespect to McBurnie, just think he is not good enough. I would play a fit Griffiths before either of them.. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

3 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Exactly mate. I would never pull the race card, that is ridiculous.  He is telling us it was his ability, when clearly it was that he turned us down 3 times. Just admit it Taylor. We all read it. I'm no harassing you, just pointing out the facts.. 

What facts?

My initial reaction towards Adams was distain, as he rejected us.

I learned to live with it, as, what else could I do?

But he isn't a very good footballer, which is what I'm judging him on.

Why is this not getting through to you?

35 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Oil McBurnie 

Scotland 

16 caps and 0 goals 

In fairness, if we needed a goal, I'd rather bring on Craig Gordon than either of them. 😛

Neither of them are good in front of goal.

2 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

What facts?

My initial reaction towards Adams was distain, as he rejected us.

I learned to live with it, as, what else could I do?

But he isn't a very good footballer, which is what I'm judging him on.

Why is this not getting through to you?

Dear god. I'm no getting intae this. Scotland Forever..🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

4 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Dear god. I'm no getting intae this. Scotland Forever..🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Ok. Read my metaphorical lips:

I don't care if Che Adams rejected us. It's done and dusted. He's playing for Scotland and that's that. I couldn't be more nonplussed. 

If you want to judge him by yourself, Southampton are playing Leicester tonight.

Come back to me after the match and give me your honest assessment.

Edited by Taylor1996

10 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

In fairness, if we needed a goal, I'd rather bring on Craig Gordon than either of them. 😛

Neither of them are good in front of goal.

Maybe not but our goals are more likely to come from midfield or a set piece and McBurnie has shown bugger all in his 16 caps in terms of holding the ball up and bringing others into play. The drop in quality in Serbia especially between him and a tired Dykes was staggering, granted this was only 1 game but I’m struggling to think of McBurnie having a good game.