Serbia v Scotland - Match thread - Page 18 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Serbia v Scotland - Match thread

vanderark14

1 minute ago, EddardStark said:

Everything good here mate. Been a few job changes in the past years, many forced on me😊. Now have an 8 year old granddaughter. Both my kids are doing fine. Hope all is well with you?  

Tremendous Eddard,  I hope you are still winding up the Celtic fans as usual.  I continue to wind up both for a laugh.   We're all football fans and Scotland diehards at the end of the day.  

And the end of yesterday - even though we weren't there, that will be long remembered.   

Next job is to get into the A group and batter them as well.     Forget penalties, let's not get too cocky.  

4 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I am officially a big woos.  Sitting in tears watching Christie in tears.

Yer hours out but it's absolutely special.    This shows ye how much it means to the players.    

We know what it means to us but that is different class and we've not seen that in a while.   

5 minutes ago, OLAS said:

Can we play you, can we play you, can we play you can we play you wae penalties every week, can we play you on penalties - every week 

It doesn't really rhyme.     Let's wear them down and pummel them on penalties.   

You asked how it does it feel?. I have a permanent smile on my face. I’m  consuming all news about Scotland this morning. Genuinely pleased for the many fans who have literally invested a fortune who will now get the chance to see Scotland in a major finals. The fact that is at Hampden is even better in terms of saving them a few quid in these challenging times. 

5 minutes ago, OLAS said:

Tremendous Eddard,  I hope you are still winding up the Celtic fans as usual.  I continue to wind up both for a laugh.   We're all football fans and Scotland diehards at the end of the day.  

And the end of yesterday - even though we weren't there, that will be long remembered.   

Next job is to get into the A group and batter them as well.     Forget penalties, let's not get too cocky.  

Genuinely mellowed on the club front in terms of wind ups😊 but still passionate about my team. Yes we need to focus on the next 2 games. The Nations League has been good for us. 

1 minute ago, OLAS said:

Yer hours out but it's absolutely special.    This shows ye how much it means to the players.    

We know what it means to us but that is different class and we've not seen that in a while.   

Still quite emotional.  Feck, I need to get over this!  Been so long since France 98.  Was at Italia 90 and France.  The euro's in England.  You can't beat being at a finals with Scotland 😪

Well, what a night. Woke up this morning, Watched Ryan Christies interview again, tears rolling again. I'm from the older generation that saw Scotland qualify regularly for tournaments, 1974, 1978, 1982 and so on. The biggest smile i have is when i think about my son and grand son. My son stay's in England and is a passionate Scotland fan. He's had arguments with his wife about what country my grand son will support but there is only Scotland. Hope everybody had a great night,

What a night. Sounds ridiculous but I'm so proud of every last one of the players. The strength of character to come back from that equaliser, to step up and have the nerve to do it on penalties, was outstanding. 

Seeing Ryan Christie care so much was brilliant. He cares as much as every one of us who've invested so much emotion in following our country. 

Fantastic. 

To quote a fellow poster "Scotland forever!" 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

56 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Well, what a night. Woke up this morning, Watched Ryan Christies interview again, tears rolling again. I'm from the older generation that saw Scotland qualify regularly for tournaments, 1974, 1978, 1982 and so on. The biggest smile i have is when i think about my son and grand son. My son stay's in England and is a passionate Scotland fan. He's had arguments with his wife about what country my grand son will support but there is only Scotland. Hope everybody had a great night,

Did exactly the same watching Christie.  I think it shows what Scotland means to all of us on here.  Stand on.  (sorry, couldn't resist that!).  But seriously so happy. Right that byre will no muck itsell oot 👍

Used to post on the board a good 15 years ago and I see some of the old names are still here. Just came on to say not only delirious personally and seeing what it means to friends and family. And not to mention the players & Clarke, but genuinely delighted for all you guys on the board. Its a shame we couldn't all party the way we normally would and its been a shared struggle over the years. But its here now. Yes sir, I can boogie. 😀   

I saw no way back after the 90th minute equaliser and ET was just awful. Had no confidence going into the penalties and just saw the script written for McBurnie to miss. I think to look for a barometer for this manager/squad then 10/10 penalties in highly pressured situations and two outstanding and crucial saves from Marshall at the same point. Amazing the character of the team and players - you would struggle to say that about many Scotland teams over the years......

Ah what a night. Magnificent, the boost we have needed as football supporters for so, so long. Hope everyone on here had a great night/day wherever you are in the world from New Zealand to Los Angeles. You all deserve it.

What Steve Clarke has done is nothing short of remarkable. That group now turn up, believe in themselves and think we can beat anyone. We rarely concede and we have balls of steel. A stunning turnaround from previous regimes.

I could list every player and say how magnificent they were. Special shout outs to Gallagher who dealt with Mitrovic well, Dykes and Christie again for their great work up front and David Marshall for a magnificent save in extra time followed by yet more penalty heroics.

A perfect night, proud Scotsman today.

17 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Ah what a night. Magnificent, the boost we have needed as football supporters for so, so long. Hope everyone on here had a great night/day wherever you are in the world from New Zealand to Los Angeles. You all deserve it.

What Steve Clarke has done is nothing short of remarkable. That group now turn up, believe in themselves and think we can beat anyone. We rarely concede and we have balls of steel. A stunning turnaround from previous regimes.

I could list every player and say how magnificent they were. Special shout outs to Gallagher who dealt with Mitrovic well, Dykes and Christie again for their great work up front and David Marshall for a magnificent save in extra time followed by yet more penalty heroics.

A perfect night, proud Scotsman today.

I can honestly not recall a more complete performance from a starting 11 than I saw last night. I didn't want a single player subbed at any point. To a man, everyone excelled. 

Special mention for Stephen O'Donnell who is generally immense but has a few lapses per game. Last night he looked like an accomplished international and made virtually no mistakes, whilst being an attacking outlet. It just shows that having good players around you can enhance your game. 

I'm sure everyone would have happily taken a backs to the wall drab 0-0 and go through on penalties. But we genuinely outplayed a major tournament standard team. We have proven we deserve to be there and I think we'll give a good account of ourselves.

Edited by Tartan blood

I made a long drive to watch it with my pal in Dallas, both of us have immigrated to America. I remember the pain of recent failure and I have told myself whatever happens I'll be ok with it. About 60 odd minutes, I told Bruce I'm starting to believe this is happening. The minutes clicked by and we never saw a response from them that made me think otherwise - 60,65,70,75,80,85 - oh my heid just see this out and then 90, the equalizer. We were stunned, it seemed time froze even for them to celebrate, it looked to my eye the ball was on the roof of the net. Anyway, we were a bit toothless for 30 minutes, and it went to pens. Never did I expect it to be such a comfortable performance, I'm so proud of all of them, and Christie's goal - amazing. Steve Clarke will get a knighthood. We have kept the light on brothers when many only showed up for the good times. I can enjoy the tournament with my children and be a kid myself. I hope there can be fans next year. 

34 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Calum McGregor's best game for Scotland as well.

Deliberately kept away from here last night as I was too emotional but delighted at the performance of McGregor and Christie after saying I thought they were rotten in their last game for Celtic. I can now see what McGregor brings to the team - his energy is amazing.

It's mad what it does to you - I'd been keeping a lid on it until yesterday morning where the wee voice of hope kept getting louder and louder.  

I can't remember how long it was in to the game but the voice of hope turned to a roar of belief when the camera panned to their manager 'He's got his fucking hood up - we'll piss this!'

Just now, ThistleWhistle said:

It's mad what it does to you - I'd been keeping a lid on it until yesterday morning where the wee voice of hope kept getting louder and louder.  

I can't remember how long it was in to the game but the voice of hope turned to a roar of belief when the camera panned to their manager 'He's got his fucking hood up - we'll piss this!'

Could have been worse. He could have had an umbrella. 😉😂