Fastest Scotland players - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Fastest Scotland players

mccaughey85

Never seen a thread on this before so thought I would ask the question. 

Who is the fastest players we have had in the last 30/40 years? We haven't had the fastest of players in modern years but I would say fraser and burke are as fast as we have ever had. Both players are elite level fast imo and I am pretty sure they are in the top 20/30 in the epl which is impressive. 

In the past Kenny Miller was really fast but maybe not elite level. I have heard Steven Archibald was very quick but he was before my time. 

Edited by mccaughey85

Anya could be quite fast.

I remember watching the players warm up before games at Hampden and Miller would always leave everyone else trailing behind him during the sprints.

Craig Mackail-Smith was quick at club level but of course he was hopelessly out of his depth at international level.

40 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Anya could be quite fast.

I remember watching the players warm up before games at Hampden and Miller would always leave everyone else trailing behind him during the sprints.

Craig Mackail-Smith was quick at club level but of course he was hopelessly out of his depth at international level.

Yeh I forgot about anya, decent winger on his day as well. 

Edited by mccaughey85

42 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

I forgot Alan Hutton, and perhaps Tom Boyd and Gordon Durie. Sandy Jardine was rapid. 

None of those guys were fast, apart from Jardine who I never seen so can't comment.

Actually Hutton had bit of pace Tbf. 

Edited by mccaughey85

1 minute ago, mccaughey85 said:

None of those guys were fast, apart from Jardine who I never seen so can't comment.

Not sure about Durie, but Hutton & Boyd where both rapid - fastest Scotland player i have seen play in the Dark Blue would be wee bud (Willie Johnston) - Oliver Burke is a flying machine, but i don't regard him as a fitba player (just an athlete)

12 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Actually Hutton had bit of pace Tbf. 

Hutton was exceptionally quick. You’re wrong if you don’t think Durie was fast. That’s probably why he got so many caps. Now that I think of it, Kevin Gallacher was pretty quick, too. 

Edited by er yir macaroon

2 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Hutton was exceptionally quick. You’re wrong if you don’t think Durie was fast. That’s probably why he got so many caps. Now that I think of it, Kevin Gallacher was pretty quick, too. 

I think exceptionally quick is exaggerating a little with Hutton. Personally I don't remember durie being that fast but I suppose its all down to opinions.