Season 20/21 - Page 155 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

5 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

How many is that Lafferty has now?  Must be in to double figures.

12 goals in 10 games. Safe to say we'd already be preparing for the Championship without him.

Edited by Toepoke

8 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

And yet he gets slated on here by the usual suspects because he is ex rangers. 

Aye, that'll be it.

Nothing to do with him being a shameless cheat.

806412.main_image.jpg?strip=all&w=280&h=

"Obviously Walter pulled me on the Monday and he spoke to me and said 'this is not the way Rangers players behave and all this'.

"But I am still buzzing we won the game and we got Charlie sent off.

"I said 'I know, I let myself down, let the club down ... but I am thinking if it happens next week and we win the league I am doing it'.

8 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Aye, that'll be it.

Nothing to do with him being a shameless cheat.

806412.main_image.jpg?strip=all&w=280&h=

"Obviously Walter pulled me on the Monday and he spoke to me and said 'this is not the way Rangers players behave and all this'.

"But I am still buzzing we won the game and we got Charlie sent off.

"I said 'I know, I let myself down, let the club down ... but I am thinking if it happens next week and we win the league I am doing it'.

Scotty. One bad incident in his career. And it was bad and he admitted it. He is not the only striker that has dived. A good player and kill lie are reaping the rewards.

2 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I’m not normally one for “pyro” but the Rangers fans display on the Clydeside tonight looked pretty impressive. All Covid safe I’m sure....

I wouldn't be too quick to praise. Maybe wait till tomorrow is over 🤔

20 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

And it was bad and he admitted it. 

On 5/13/2021 at 4:54 PM, Scotty CTA said:

No, he admitted that he'd do it again.

One bad incident in his career. 

Lafferty suspended by Rangers

Rangers have confirmed striker Kyle Lafferty has been suspended for two weeks amid reports of a dispute with manager Ally McCoist.

Kyle Lafferty opens up on gambling addiction

"With the mindset I had, a grand was like a tenner. I knew it was against the rules to bet on football, but when you've got an addiction you just want to win that money back. I knew it was wrong, but I did it anyway."

2 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Kyle Lafferty opens up on gambling addiction

"With the mindset I had, a grand was like a tenner. I knew it was against the rules to bet on football, but when you've got an addiction you just want to win that money back. I knew it was wrong, but I did it anyway."

Now, even I know that has nothing to do with what team he plays for......addiction...lots of money and heehaw to spend it on. 

On 5/13/2021 at 8:42 AM, Rolling hIlls said:

And yet he gets slated on here by the usual suspects because he is ex rangers. 

1 minute ago, bonzo said:

Now, even I know that has nothing to do with what team he plays for......addiction...lots of money and heehaw to spend it on. 

Correct.

I wouldn't want Lafferty on my team because I don't like the person.

Absolutely nothing to do with who he has played for previously.

Lafferty also said the ticket — for using a mobile phone while driving —
“slipped his mind” because he was under pressure at work.

The string of excuses came after the 24-year-old failed to turn up for an
earlier hearing because he was SUNNING HIMSELF on holiday.

He got the statutory 60 days to pay up. When he failed to do that, he was
ordered to appear in person.

But Lafferty didn’t bother to turn up — as he was away — and sent his lawyers
to plead guilty for him. JP Michael O’Sullivan then REFUSED to
deal with the case until Lafferty, of Kilmacolm, Renfrewshire, appeared
personally. And yesterday, when he finally stood in the dock, his defence
said his behaviour had been “inappropriate.”

2 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Yeah, I get that.

I hang with lawyers and they know to back off. lol

U certainly know how to labour a poit Scotty 👍. Anyway, back to business today. A draw would do me. Just got one of those dreaded Scotland feelings about this one. All set up to wi which rangers should on form and paper. But too long in the tooth for expec tions! . But will be a great achievement if rangers do it. So good luck to them today.

Not at the wind up (think I will start every thread with this noo). Just been reading some pundits comments on the season. I think it has been a good season and the celtic guys have to take it on the chin. Aberdeen have new management in place so should be optimistic. Hibs have done great and chance of winning the Cup. St Johnstone, unbelievable if they were to win it. Livingston great as well. Hearts back up. Sorry if I have missed any other teams out that have done well. Its been a good season imo and not for rangers winning the league. Its been difficult for all the clubs because of covid. But we are nearly through it and all the clubs should be congratulated. Celtic will go away and rebuild. Howe could be a success or a failure. Time will tell. Anyway, happy last day of the season to all.

I expect over the top celebrations from the huns today and I see its already started with some pyro on the river Clyde 🤣🤣

Rangers FC the worst winners in world football 

6 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I expect over the top celebrations from the huns today and I see its already started with some pyro on the river Clyde 🤣🤣

Rangers FC the worst winners in world football 

Since when have you seen winners in world football??  I am not condoning it but all these I take it, young guys just want to go out and celebrate after 10 years of pain.  Just hope they behave themselves.  There is nothing Rangers as a club can do to prevent htat VA.  They have asked fans not to but have no juristiction outside the stadium.  Serious question.  If Dons won the league today do you think there would be no celebrations in Aberdeen?  

10 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Since when have you seen winners in world football??  I am not condoning it but all these I take it, young guys just want to go out and celebrate after 10 years of pain.  Just hope they behave themselves.  There is nothing Rangers as a club can do to prevent htat VA.  They have asked fans not to but have no juristiction outside the stadium.  Serious question.  If Dons won the league today do you think there would be no celebrations in Aberdeen?  

There would be celebrations but I'd be willing to bet aberdeen fans wouldn't be marching to stadiums or town centres, smashing shops, smashing memorial.bemches, setting off masses of pyro or paying for sky writing.

It's hilarious the way you blindly defend morons. 

10 years of hurt? My heart bleeds. Most clubs go much longer without success. Rangers sense of self entitlement is hilarious.

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

There would be celebrations but I'd be willing to bet aberdeen fans wouldn't be marching to stadiums or town centres, smashing shops, smashing memorial.bemches, setting off masses of pyro or paying for sky writing.

It's hilarious the way you blindly defend morons. 

10 years of hurt? My heart bleeds. Most clubs go much longer without success. Rangers sense of self entitlement is hilarious.

Not blindly defending them.  Some will be out of their minds on drugs and/or buckfast.  A busy day for the polis I feel!!  You know fine I am not defending it.  It is the mass of the Rangers support and percentage of wee erseholes that will spoil it.  I am sure if Celtic had won ten it would be the same and if Dons won it you would still get an element that go too far.  There are always some that spoil it VA.  And because of Covid it makes it worse.  But you are not going to stop young folk who are all on social media now from meeting up for a March.  We always used to have a march to the stadium at Scotland away games.  Best one in my memory was Prague over the George Bridge.  I know that is different as we were always respectful and just there for the game and a laugh.  If the Rangers supporters today could just go and behave themselves but you and I know that there will be some trouble.  All these flares etc nowadays.  But not defending it VA.

22 minutes ago, JECK said:

Didn’t they have a big celebration a few weeks ago - George square an all that? What’s this for now?

Just another opportunity for the dregs to go OTT again.