Coronavirus - Page 388 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Boris has to go. We were unable to go to friends' funerals, yet he personally invites 100 people for a pish up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59930733

F'kin fuming 😡

Yip - at that time we had to visit our mum (in care home with dementia), and stand outside and try communicate with her through a closed glass door or shout through an open window, only held her hand once during that summer before we lost her in the July x x x x x x 

Like you TP, fuckn fuming and disgusted in equal measures.

54 minutes ago, glasgow jock said:

Yip - at that time we had to visit our mum (in care home with dementia), and stand outside and try communicate with her through a closed glass door or shout through an open window, only held her hand once during that summer before we lost her in the July x x x x x x 

Like you TP, fuckn fuming and disgusted in equal measures.

Yip my mum died alone in hospital without her family around her whilst these cunts do as they please. As angry as I am though I don't want Johnson hounded out. 

Let's be honest we are just talking about a changing of the guard here. The Tories have authorised these leaks as they genuinely fear that this clown could lose them the next election. A new more efficient PM like Sunak would probably ensure another Tory victory. Add in a compliant media who almost certainly knew about all this shit anyway and you have the status quo with a different figurehead. 

No, as bizarre as it sounds, I'd leave Johnson where he is. He is doing more for the cause of independence than the SNP are currently. 

Edited by slasher

50 minutes ago, slasher said:

Yip my mum died alone in hospital without her family around her whilst these cunts do as they please. As angry as I am though I don't want Johnson hounded out. 

Let's be honest we are just talking about a changing of the guard here. The Tories have authorised these leaks as they genuinely fear that this clown could lose them the next election. A new more efficient PM like Sunak would probably ensure another Tory victory. Add in a compliant media who almost certainly knew about all this shit anyway and you have the status quo with a different figurehead. 

No, as bizarre as it sounds, I'd leave Johnson where he is. He is doing more for the cause of independence than the SNP are currently. 

I agree with all of that apart from Sunak being next in line for Johnson's job.

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Boris has to go. We were unable to go to friends' funerals, yet he personally invites 100 people for a pish up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59930733

F'kin fuming 😡

He gets away with fookin murder, people have been hounded out their jobs for a lot less.

Reece Mogg on the subject. Another arrogant tosser. 

3FDB4DBC-DCCC-417D-B42A-B0CEA8FD7F52.thumb.jpeg.d591355590c6095163824f3e4e86e367.jpeg

4 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

He gets away with fookin murder, people have been hounded out their jobs for a lot less.

Reece Mogg on the subject. Another arrogant tosser. 

3FDB4DBC-DCCC-417D-B42A-B0CEA8FD7F52.thumb.jpeg.d591355590c6095163824f3e4e86e367.jpeg

I think I agree with Lord Snooty on this one. What's wrong with what he said?

"Fabricant told BBC News: "The difference with funerals [and] marriage ceremonies...is that you're meeting outsiders.

"This isn't involving outsiders; it is a secure area" - meaning that it consisted of "the people that have been on top of each other in pokey offices in Downing Street," he said."

Hmmm, a bit closer than I had expected.

11 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

"Fabricant told BBC News: "The difference with funerals [and] marriage ceremonies...is that you're meeting outsiders.

"This isn't involving outsiders; it is a secure area" - meaning that it consisted of "the people that have been on top of each other in pokey offices in Downing Street," he said."

That's no defence. They shouldn't have been working in such conditions.

My own employer kept the staff away from each other.

4 minutes ago, slasher said:

Who you thinking? Gove? 🙈

No idea really. And I don't think the Tories know either. That's their biggest problem at the moment. They want rid of Johnson but they don't know who to replace him with. Racism is still rife right through the UK establishment, especially at the highest level. They absolutely hated having a person called Brown as PM. Can't see them accepting a PM who is brown.

1 hour ago, Rich NATA said:

That's no defence. They shouldn't have been working in such conditions.

My own employer kept the staff away from each other.

Could they not have worked from home like some many others?

2 hours ago, slasher said:

Totally agree!

The other thing about them all working together. Even if they had to be in the office they shouldn't and I imagine wouldn't have all been in one office all crammed in together so should not have then been meeting up with people from other offices. Where we had people who had to work together we had "bubbles" of people just so we could limit any possible spread.

19 minutes ago, Lamia said:

Could they not have worked from home like some many others?

In all of this, I can't understand why that question is not being asked and it's just blindly accepted that they were key workers, required to be in the office.

On of the "gatherings" was characterised as a few people in the Press Office cracking open some beers and wine in the office on a Friday night, while they were still covering the phones and any ongoing activity.   Putting aside any questions about how appropriate that would be even outwith a pandemic, what they'd essentially be doing is to be monitoring social media and dealing with press enquiries by either phone or various messaging platforms.

It all points to an organisation - 10 Downing Street - that thinks the rules that they are asking everyone else to follow don't apply to them.

Watched questions at WM earlier, the fact that only a few dozen of the pricks chose to turn up speaks volumes. 

Seeing opposition MPs telling stories of personal loss and some crying (DUP MP in particular) was harrowing. 

Tories won't care though, they only care about self preservation and lining their pockets.