Season 19/20 - Page 54 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Shinnie?

Mclean?

My memory is so bad I simply can't remember. Names just don't stick in my brain. Makes meetings very interesting when it's new folk. 🙄

Of the 2 names you've suggested I'd guess Shinnie, as I don't remember Parky being a McLean fan. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I've not been keeping up with the scottish football circus but is it true cathro had a better record than levein?

Given that they've won once in 18 I assume he must have.

Edited by Fairbairn

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I've not been keeping up with the scottish football circus but is it true cathro had a better record than levein?

4 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Given that they've won once in 18 I assume he must have.

I think Wagner has a better record.

10 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

From my view it looked as clear cut a “last man” foul as you’ll get. Apparently TV pictures show he got the ball, but not seen it yet. You’ll have had a better view live.

100% shaped the outcome of the game, so a massive break for us if it was wrong.

I really enjoyed the game though, Killie were pretty impressive considering, was glad they had 10 men.

Great support through from Killie who all stayed to applaud their team off the park.

I thought he got ball and nothing I've seen since says otherwise. 

Good battling performance with 10 men for  80mins. Could have snatched a draw at end. Some save. 

Aye decent support considering it was midweek/Baltic. Think they said 1100?

55 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I thought he got ball and nothing I've seen since says otherwise. 

Good battling performance with 10 men for  80mins. Could have snatched a draw at end. Some save. 

Aye decent support considering it was midweek/Baltic. Think they said 1100?

You can’t hear the tannoy in the east stand. I think the attendance was “warfle gi gi kcccchhhh zit” looked at least 1100 though.

Aye good save from Gillespie from Brophy, he (Gillespie)looked a bit nervy I thought. Think Carson is casting a big shadow behind him after a few occasions he could’ve done better recently.

Wouldn't have been an injustice if Killie gotva draw, I watched the last 10 minutes through my fingers. Although we had chances to put it to bed too, Campbell’s from 5 yards that deflected over particularly. Thought he was excellent so a goal would’ve been nice.

BBC website highlights start at free kick, obviously saving the juicy bit for sportscene.

I sportscene might show the same as our eyes. From behind it’s a clear red, face on, it’s a great tackle....

3 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

You can’t hear the tannoy in the east stand. I think the attendance was “warfle gi gi kcccchhhh zit” looked at least 1100 though.

Aye good save from Gillespie from Brophy, he (Gillespie)looked a bit nervy I thought. Think Carson is casting a big shadow behind him after a few occasions he could’ve done better recently.

Wouldn't have been an injustice if Killie gotva draw, I watched the last 10 minutes through my fingers. Although we had chances to put it to bed too, Campbell’s from 5 yards that deflected over particularly. Thought he was excellent so a goal would’ve been nice.

BBC website highlights start at free kick, obviously saving the juicy bit for sportscene.

I sportscene might show the same as our eyes. From behind it’s a clear red, face on, it’s a great tackle....

SPFL Youb Tube highlights are much better.

5 minutes ago, Dapo Mabude said:

I don't think he's a good enough manager for Scotland is all. Jack in this form should be starting 100%. 

Maybe - can't say I agree though.

Jack should be in the squad but there's better players ahead of him.

Clarke absolutely owned Gerrard last season, so if you don't rate Clarke then I can only imagine your feelings on Slippy.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Jack should be in the squad but there's better players ahead of him.

Not in this form anyway.

Clarke absolutely owned Gerrard last season, so if you don't rate Clarke then I can only imagine your feelings on Slippy.

Yeah, that's not how football actually works.

2 minutes ago, Dapo Mabude said:

Not in this form anyway.

Erm, yes there is. Who would you drop from midfield to play him? Give us a laugh.

3 minutes ago, Dapo Mabude said:

Yeah, that's not how football actually works.

So you'll admit he had the better of Gerrard the full time he was at Killie? Only time he had upper hand was when we got our goalie sent off within minutes of the game starting!

Clarke took more points of Rangers than any other team, called you out for being bigots and those dropped points cost you the league.

At lease admit that's why you don't rate him rather than the fact you think he's a pish manager.

He told a few home truths and the orcs didn't like it.

PS - Good to see you lot have made the headlnes again last night with songs about Tommy Burns and Browns sister.

Stay classy!

I think Jack has been in most squads he’s been available for when Clarke’s been in charge, and has featured when fit. Has he not?

He appears to be on decent form just now, so will be selected again in November squad and may well get some game time.

Im not convinced bossing the midfield against Ross county and Hamilton necessarily puts him ahead of McTominay, McGinn or McLean?

So you'll admit he had the better of Gerrard the full time he was at Killie? Only time he had upper hand was when we got our goalie sent off within minutes of the game starting!

Clarke took more points of Rangers than any other team, called you out for being bigots and those dropped points cost you the league.

At lease admit that's why you don't rate him rather than the fact you think he's a pish manager.

PS - Good to see you lot have made the headlnes again last night with songs about Tommy Burns and Browns sister.

Stay classy!

Someone's rattled hahaha. I get you love Clarke but he's not that good a manager at international level. Just my opinion and I expect we will look back at the Strachan time with more clarity realising we made a mistake getting rid.

Has nothing to do with his team's performances against us which were good and admirable I will admit. Gerrard did put Killie out of both cups though which you didn't mention.

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Erm, yes there is. Who would you drop from midfield to play him? Give us a laugh.

Stay classy!

Spot on. Clarke is one of the few non-arse sooking media boys to call those horrible bastards out on their caveman crap. They really do hold our country back in so many ways.

3 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I think Jack has been in most squads he’s been available for when Clarke’s been in charge, and has featured when fit. Has he not?

He appears to be on decent form just now, so will be selected again in November squad and may well get some game time.

Im not convinced bossing the midfield against Ross county and Hamilton necessarily puts him ahead of McTominay, McGinn or McLean?

Take off that sensible hat and stick your Hun one on FFS. If he plays for the peepel then that’s all that matters. 

Ryan Jack runs the midfield against Ross county and all four a sudden hes starter material. He did the same for aberdeen against Ross county or Hamilton but when Scott brown came to visit, Jack pooped his pants and handed over his lunch money 

Ryan Jack is a decent squad player for Scotland, that’s all. He isn’t near the quality of some of our midfielders, so certainly doesn’t deserve to start games. 

It’s always funny that people have massive blinkers on when it comes to their own teams players. I remember a Dee who thought Barry Smith should start for Scotland. 

2 hours ago, kumnio said:

Ryan Jack is a decent squad player for Scotland, that’s all. He isn’t near the quality of some of our midfielders, so certainly doesn’t deserve to start games. 

It’s always funny that people have massive blinkers on when it comes to their own teams players. I remember a Dee who thought Barry Smith should start for Scotland. 

I hated you bastards but still thought Gavin Rae should’ve been included.