Season 19/20 - Page 45 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

8 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I was born and brought up in Linwood on the outskirts of Glasgow. We had Orange walks, a lodge and a Rangers Supporters Club all in that wee village. There was also a Masonic Lodge too. 

The Orange Lodge membership were not all Rangers fans, in fact I know of a few that weren't into football at all and one that was a Thistle fan. Almost all Orange men were members of the Rangers supporters club though as it meant they had 2 cheap places to drink. 

I didn't go to a lot of games in my youth and the vast majority of the bigotry I saw was just in the village itself. 

My mother worked in the Rangers Supporters club and that's how I knew so many of the folk. The vast majority would probably fit the 90 minute bigot scenario apart from the fact that their bias probably also influenced all sorts of other parts of their lives. In particular one mad halfwit that was supposedly nice as anything but when he'd had a drink was basically Iain Paisley on Speed. 

Interestingly the Orange Lodge went bust first followed by the supporters club. As far as I know, the Masons are still going. 

The long and short of it is my experience is very different from yours. 

So it's not a Scottish culture thing.

That's for agreeing with me.

13 hours ago, WCTA said:

Cheeky cunt. 😂👍

While I mind, my Wife’s company is on the verge of being bought by a bigger outfit. Wabtec they are called. That outfit She has discovered, has a branch in Kilmarnock. She looks at every angle possible to move to Scotland. Nips my napper constantly about it. She might get her wish after all.
I might get a season ticket next to you at Rugby Park. After all, I do have a stand named after me there. 😄

Second name Moffat then!

Aye, think their place is right next to the train station in Killie.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

So it's not a Scottish culture thing.

That's for agreeing with me.

Yup, it's not.

In my experience, those taking part in Orange Walks etc are 99% Rangers fans.

I go to Killie games home and away, have done for 30 years, know a fair amount of our hardcore support and couldn't name one person who goes to or taks part in Orange Walks. I dare say there might be the odd one as it's the West Coast of Scotland but they certainly don't advertise it and definitely don't bring any of it to the football.

Then you look at the Rangers support and they revel in it.

15 hours ago, Farcity said:

Are you Austrian?

I love it when folk try to gob off and make a cunt of it. I'd suggest that you, now, are the fanny. 

Ja!!

Another cunt sucking Ormonds cock.  He thinks he is married, doubtful, you could be in there !!!

11 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I was born and brought up in Linwood on the outskirts of Glasgow. We had Orange walks, a lodge and a Rangers Supporters Club all in that wee village. There was also a Masonic Lodge too. 

The Orange Lodge membership were not all Rangers fans, in fact I know of a few that weren't into football at all and one that was a Thistle fan. Almost all Orange men were members of the Rangers supporters club though as it meant they had 2 cheap places to drink. 

I didn't go to a lot of games in my youth and the vast majority of the bigotry I saw was just in the village itself. 

My mother worked in the Rangers Supporters club and that's how I knew so many of the folk. The vast majority would probably fit the 90 minute bigot scenario apart from the fact that their bias probably also influenced all sorts of other parts of their lives. In particular one mad halfwit that was supposedly nice as anything but when he'd had a drink was basically Iain Paisley on Speed. 

Interestingly the Orange Lodge went bust first followed by the supporters club. As far as I know, the Masons are still going. 

The long and short of it is my experience is very different from yours. 

Not been in Linwood for about 15 years (grew up there too) but I thought the Club was still open?  I'm sure one of my old mates nips in for a pint every now and then.

3 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Son of a tea lady? Might explain a few things?

What’s amusing is that although Aggie wasn’t related to me, her and my Grandmother(also Moffat) were bingo pals for years. Stayed in the same scheme. My Grandmother had all the national papers at her door thinking it was her when it happened.

2 hours ago, Emoji said:

Ja!!

Another cunt sucking Ormonds cock.  He thinks he is married, doubtful, you could be in there !!!

Come back when you learn to spell.

You died, while you stood and watched. Get over it, these things happen. 

Long live HMRC. 

1 hour ago, WCTA said:

Best keeper we ever had. He should’ve been called up long before others. 

Alan Main was one of those keepers who always seemed to look as if he was in his 40s, even when he was in his 20s.  Henry Smith and Packie Bonner are 2 others that spring to mind.

8 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Alan Main was one of those keepers who always seemed to look as if he was in his 40s, even when he was in his 20s.  Henry Smith and Packie Bonner are 2 others that spring to mind.

A keeper who also had that was also one I thought should’ve been behind Main in the Scotland pecking order. Jonathon Gould. He looked about 50 to me.

25 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

And played like it.

Douglas was another who should’ve been behind Main. Main suffered from the lack of being a big scary hoor. Douglas obviously had that but for such a big laddie he was a feartie in the box. He would jump with his bloody eyes closed. 🤦‍♂️

3 minutes ago, WCTA said:

Douglas was another who should’ve been behind Main. Main suffered from the lack of being a big scary hoor. Douglas obviously had that but for such a big laddie he was a feartie in the box. He would jump with his bloody eyes closed. 🤦‍♂️

Tell me about it, I was in Amsterdam for the 6-0.  :worried: