Season 19/20 - Page 43 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Just now, ErsatzThistle said:

Carrots and potatoes are good for you. Us weegies could learn something from you there.

The rampant bestiality not so much. I'd rather we didn't take that kind of thing up.

How very dare you! 😉

I have a Tuna salad most days for lunch. I'm especially partial to some rocket and red onion. 

1 minute ago, RenfrewBlue said:

You're right but they seem more concerned with making money. 

Things could have been changed when we were in the lower leagues but they chose to go the other way. 

Part of the reason I don't go anymore is the increase in the bigotry over the last few years. I'm too old for that shit and I'm certainly not a good enough fighter to pull up every halfwit singing stupid songs. 

Aye my Grandpa stopped going in the 90’s and took me to see Morton instead. 

Agreed, I wouldn’t expect anyone to self police when getting in a scrap is likely to happen.

7 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Aye my Grandpa stopped going in the 90’s and took me to see Morton instead. 

Agreed, I wouldn’t expect anyone to self police when getting in a scrap is likely to happen.

To be fair, as I get older I get less patient, so any fight would possibly be partly down to my attitude. 🙄

Despite what WCTA seems to think, I can't be arsed with that sort of shite when I'm trying to "enjoy" a game of football. 

9 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

To be fair, as I get older I get less patient, so any fight would possibly be partly down to my attitude. 🙄

Despite what WCTA seems to think, I can't be arsed with that sort of shite when I'm trying to "enjoy" a game of football. 

Nobody has ever suggested you can be arsed with it. Not once. 

3 hours ago, dandydunn said:

That’s exactly it. As despicable as it is, is calling someone a black bastard any different to calling someone an orange/fenian bastard? 

It’s not, but the latter seems to be allowed where as the former could lead you to be charged, our country just buried its head in the sand though. 

Apologies to any offence caused with my language, but it was relevant to the discussion I feel. 

You don't have a choice which race you belong to, if you choose to adopt a certian religious/political veiwpoint that's a choice, so it probably is different.

5 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

You going to own up to your previous incarnation or not? 

Would it make you feel better you sad cunt? Every dick and his dog knows who I am. It’s even in my profile pic by Christ. That’s my dug and I. It actually looks right like her. 😄

I have had zero intention of hiding bugger all from my first post. Windy City Tartan Army?

It’s a pishy message board. Get a life FFS. 😂

Edited by WCTA

2 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Carrots and potatoes are good for you. Us weegies could learn something from you there.

The rampant bestiality not so much. I'd rather we didn't take that kind of thing up. Might catch something nasty.

A hard going harvest in teuchterville leaves you fair champing at the bit for whatever beast you can get your mitts on. 🐑🐂🐖

7 hours ago, WCTA said:

Would it make you feel better you sad cunt? Every dick and his dog knows who I am. It’s even in my profile pic by Christ. That’s my dug and I. It actually looks right like her. 😄

I have had zero intention of hiding bugger all from my first post. Windy City Tartan Army?

You were obviously instantly forgettable then as I’ve no idea which cunt has been missing since a ban lately.😂

10 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

The bigotry in Scotland is generations deep and exists outside of football. There is fuck all the clubs can do to create the societal change, whether they want to or not. 

You think there is fuck all clubs can do, really?

What complete and utter nonsense. No wonder the club is riddled with bigoted scum with attitudes like that.

Bulgaria is riddled with racists, are you saying there is nothing the Bulgarian FA can do to make a stand and kick it out their sport or should they just accept monkey noises etc at games as it's "generations deep"

Like it or loathe it, you club plays a MASSIVE part in facilitating sectarianism in Scotland and till folk like you wake up and accept that, then yes, it will go on for more generations.

Rangers employ bigots and pander to bigots. Until they stop these two things they will always be riddled with bigots.

Plenty of guys who go clearly aren't bigoted, like yourself but the club actively pander to it and I can't believe you think there is nothing they can do.

My cousin worked at Ibrox in hospitality there for a year or so and eventually quit as he was fed up working at the private "functions" that they allow to be held there!

Edited by Squirrelhumper

10 hours ago, WCTA said:

Nah, I just thought I'd yank your chain. Your previous incarnation showed the utter bias you have against anything Rangers related, so your opinion is always warped by that. 

It shows in your interpretation of my posts. 

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You think there is fuck all clubs can do, really?

What complete and utter nonsense. No wonder the club is riddled with bigoted scum with attitudes like that.

Bulgaria is riddled with racists, are you saying there is nothing the Bulgarian FA can do to make a stand and kick it out their sport or should they just accept monkey noises etc at games as it's "generations deep"

Like it or loathe it, you club plays a MASSIVE part in facilitating sectarianism in Scotland and till folk like you wake up and accept that, then yes, it will go on for more generations.

Rangers employ bigots and pander to bigots. Until they stop these two things they will always be riddled with bigots.

Plenty of guys who go clearly aren't bigoted, like yourself but the club actively pander to it and I can't believe you think there is nothing they can do.

My cousin worked at Ibrox in hospitality there for a year or so and eventually quit as he was fed up working at the private "functions" that they allow to be held there!

Seriously, gonnae actually read my post. 

I said they couldn't make the SOCIETAL change. Of course there is stuff the clubs can do, and regularly don't to try and move the issue away from them but they can't get rid of Orange Lodges etc. 

However the clubs are not responsible for the root issue. That's built into the twisted culture of the country. 

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

All this bickering and the only thing I can take from it is I really like the sound of Perth for a weekend break! :blink:

I've been a couple of times with work. I wouldn't bother. It's like every day is a Sunday from the 70s.

36 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

However the clubs are not responsible for the root issue. That's built into the twisted culture of the country. 

They pander to it though and show no inclination of being at the forefront of any change.

Just saw this on Twitter. Not even a mention of the bigoted pish sung by 1000s all afternoon, seemingly the behaviour has been exemplary. Honestly defies belief. It's no wonder the fans continue to sing it as the club do fuck all about it.

Only reason they have released a statement is cos they are shit feart UEFA will do something.

https://Rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/message-to-supporters-2/

Rangers takes this opportunity to remind supporters, especially those travelling to Portugal for the Europa League match against Porto, that they have a duty to represent the Club in the best possible way.

There must be no singing of songs, or behaviour which UEFA could deem unacceptable and the Club urges all our fans in Portugal to do everything possible to portray themselves and Rangers in the best possible light. Remember that UEFA has already imposed a sanction on Rangers so we must be vigilant and give them no cause to take further and more serious action against us.

The behaviour of our fans in recent times has been exemplary but it is important to maintain those standards at home and abroad. At all times we must be aware that whatever we do, both inside and outside the stadium today and tomorrow, our behaviour will come under the closest scrutiny.

Having said that, however, this fixture also provides another opportunity for Rangers to be showcased as a modern, all-inclusive Club. Let others fall foul of the authorities – we have seen what happened in Bulgaria just more than a week ago and there is now an investigation into a racist slur against one of our own – while we concentrate on supporting Steven Gerrard and his players in the correct way.

Be loud and be heard and hopefully celebrate a victory with the team at the end of the match but please, keep in mind that UEFA’s view of racism is wide ranging, which means singing or behaviour that could bring much more serious repercussions for the Club must be avoided.

In the same way the players are ambassadors for our Club so, too, are we, the supporters. So enjoy Porto, enjoy the game and together let’s promote Rangers positively. Let’s set higher standards and continue to demonstrate that Rangers is for Everyone, Anyone.