Season 19/20 - Page 42 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, ParisInAKilt said:

The clubs don’t have the stomach for trying to eradicate it, obviously this extends to the SFA and the media as well. 

Not sure to what extent the police should get involved when it’s (only) songs but there is a level of hypocrisy between how sectarianism is ignored compared with racism. 

That’s exactly it. As despicable as it is, is calling someone a black bastard any different to calling someone an orange/fenian bastard? 

It’s not, but the latter seems to be allowed where as the former could lead you to be charged, our country just buried its head in the sand though. 

Apologies to any offence caused with my language, but it was relevant to the discussion I feel. 

11 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:No, he waved play on. It was just as bad, if not worse than Katic dive. 

So Ikpeazu dived (as I say, I genuinely can’t remember the incident you are referring to) and didn’t get a foul, while Katic dived and didn’t? Plus ca change.

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

That’s exactly it. As despicable as it is, is calling someone a black bastard any different to calling someone an orange/fenian bastard? 

It’s not, but the latter seems to be allowed where as the former could lead you to be charged, our country just buried its head in the sand though. 

Apologies to any offence caused with my language, but it was relevant to the discussion I feel. 

I think given the history, racism is probably worse, but perhaps some catholic Irish immigrants would disagree with that.

8 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I think given the history, racism is probably worse, but perhaps some catholic Irish immigrants would disagree with that.

Nowt to do with being Irish. I grew up dealing with it all the time and I’m born and bred Scottish. 

3 hours ago, WCTA said:

Renfrew will now come on and say some pish like “I deplore all sectarianism and these muppets need dealt with” but then about an hour later he’ll come away with the cack about Rangers being unable to do anymore to help combat it. 

It’s the same shite day in day out. The good guy post first then comes the whataboutery skitters after from him. 🤦‍♂️

You really are a walloper. 

If you'd even bother to engage your brain, assuming you have one, you might get the fact that I didn't actually say the clubs couldn't do more. They quite obviously could do more. 

However, no matter what the clubs do they can have virtually zero affect outside of their stadia. 

The bigotry in Scotland is generations deep and exists outside of football. There is fuck all the clubs can do to create the societal change, whether they want to or not. 

Rangers are guilty of not embracing the time in the lower leagues to cleanse their house or fix their footballing philosophy. 

Not fuck off with your whataboutery shite and see if you can comprehend the actual point I'm making. 

Just now, RenfrewBlue said:

You really are a walloper. 

If you'd even bother to engage your brain, assuming you have one, you might get the fact that I didn't actually say the clubs couldn't do more. They quite obviously could do more. 

However, no matter what the clubs do they can have virtually zero affect outside of their stadia. 

The bigotry in Scotland is generations deep and exists outside of football. There is fuck all the clubs can do to create the societal change, whether they want to or not. 

Rangers are guilty of not embracing the time in the lower leagues to cleanse their house or fix their footballing philosophy. 

Not fuck off with your whataboutery shite and see if you can comprehend the actual point I'm making. 

You are so contradictory you are beyond parody. Fuck me. 🙈

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

I totally agree with you. Bigotry/racism are the same thing it's just that we see bigotry so much more often these days it's more "normalised". 

Just now, WCTA said:

You are so contradictory you are beyond parody. Fuck me. 🙈

There's no contradiction in what I'm saying. You just don't appear to understand or you don't want to understand. That's your problem, not mine. 

1 minute ago, RenfrewBlue said:

There's no contradiction in what I'm saying. You just don't appear to understand or you don't want to understand. That's your problem, not mine. 

You’ve been at it for years. Constantly ignoring your own club’s disgraceful encouragement of sectarianism. 

30 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

So Ikpeazu dived (as I say, I genuinely can’t remember the incident you are referring to) and didn’t get a foul, while Katic dived and didn’t? Plus ca change.

Both dives were obvious (and a bit sad really) so both should have been booked for it. 

When Ikpeazu was booked, as someone else pointed out probably for repetitive fouls, he hadn't actually committed a foul! 

It wasn't a foul and Katic (I think) thought he was being penalised at first. 

The ref was just useless. 

Just now, WCTA said:

You’ve been at it for years. Constantly ignoring your own club’s disgraceful encouragement of sectarianism. 

Did you read my previous post? 

Possibly the bit that recognised Rangers lack of progress in that area? 

Or are you like Boris and just ignore stuff that doesn't fit your agenda? 

Just now, RenfrewBlue said:

Did you read my previous post? 

Possibly the bit that recognised Rangers lack of progress in that area? 

Or are you like Boris and just ignore stuff that doesn't fit your agenda? 

Aye, convenient all of a sudden or whit? 😏

2 minutes ago, WCTA said:

Aye, convenient all of a sudden or whit? 😏

No point in further posting with you. You have made up your opinion on my posts and despite evidence to the contrary stretching back years you cannot acknowledge you are wrong. 

It's also interesting that a supposed new poster supposedly knows what I've been posting for years. 

Who were you before you were banned? 

23 minutes ago, WCTA said:

Nowt to do with being Irish. I grew up dealing with it all the time and I’m born and bred Scottish. 

While I don’t want to minimise this if it was a real issue for you growing up, or even as an adult, was it really that bad? 😬

10 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I totally agree with you. Bigotry/racism are the same thing it's just that we see bigotry so much more often these days it's more "normalised". 

Yeah, probably. The point I was trying to make, probably not very well is that the authorities see one thing as a wee nuisance and the other as a criminal offence. If they were to treat all the hate speech the same, maybe things could change for the better. 

3 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

While I don’t want to minimise this if it was a real issue for you growing up, or even as an adult, was it really that bad? 😬

It actually was difficult growing up. Most nights were like running a gauntlet home from school with the route I had to take. Catholics are much much more prevalent in the West. Strength in numbers and all that. Something that clearly wasn’t the case in Perth.

Edited by WCTA

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

Yeah, probably. The point I was trying to make, probably not very well is that the authorities see one thing as a wee nuisance and the other as a criminal offence. If they were to treat all the hate speech the same, maybe things could change for the better. 

That's the thing. I thought it was all covered as hate speech and therefore the same level of criminal offence. 

25 minutes ago, WCTA said:

It actually was difficult growing up. Most nights were like running a gauntlet home from school with the route I had to take. Catholics are much much more prevalent in the West. Strength in numbers and all that. Something that clearly wasn’t the case in Perth.

Fair enough, I’d never had Perth down as a hotbed of sectarianism. I thought it was more of a west of Scotland thing. 

Just now, sbcmfc said:

Fair enough, I’d never had Perth down as a hotbed of sectarianism. I thought it was more of a west of Scotland thing. 

Perth is a brutal hotbed of Hunnery. Utterly awash with huge orange marches each year, etc.

9 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I don’t think any reasonable person expects Rangers to try and fix society in terms of sectarianism but identifying and punishingly those who bring it to the games shouldn’t be too difficult. 

Just not bringing out orange away strips and other relatively trivial bits and bobs of pandering to it would be a start.

Just now, WCTA said:

Perth is a brutal hotbed of Hunnery. Utterly awash with huge orange marches each year, etc.

I genuinely had no idea Perth was so staunch. 😂

My knowledge of Perth is limited to Mcdiarmid park and the McDonald’s at the broxden roundabout.

Every day is a school day.

4 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I genuinely had no idea Perth was so staunch. 😂

My knowledge of Perth is limited to Mcdiarmid park and the McDonald’s at the broxden roundabout.

Every day is a school day.

Most Weegies(Motherwell is Weegie) knowledge of anything North of Stirling is that we are all carrot crunching, tattie planting, sheep shagging cunts. 

15 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I don’t think any reasonable person expects Rangers to try and fix society in terms of sectarianism but identifying and punishingly those who bring it to the games shouldn’t be too difficult. 

You're right but they seem more concerned with making money. 

Things could have been changed when we were in the lower leagues but they chose to go the other way. 

Part of the reason I don't go anymore is the increase in the bigotry over the last few years. I'm too old for that shit and I'm certainly not a good enough fighter to pull up every halfwit singing stupid songs. 

4 minutes ago, WCTA said:

Most Weegies(Motherwell is Weegie) knowledge of anything North of Stirling is that we are all carrot crunching, tattie planting, sheep shagging cunts. 

Carrots and potatoes are good for you. Us weegies could learn something from you there.

The rampant bestiality not so much. I'd rather we didn't take that kind of thing up. Might catch something nasty.

Edited by ErsatzThistle