Season 19/20 - Page 40 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Just now, RenfrewBlue said:

All of that pales into insignificance with the resurgence of racism and bigotry at the football. 

Which I agree with. But nobody knows yet if Morelos actually was racially abused. Nothing is even close to being conclusive by that video.

Try saying these letter pairs one after another (concentrate on how you voice the letter in your gob) and then work out and anyone can lip read the difference. They obviously can hence why everyone in football holds their hands over their mouths now. It is an amazing skill really.

b - p

v - f

d - t

g - k

z - s

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I agree but the ref was hopeless yesterday. He let the Ikpeazu foul at will in the first 45 but booked him for bugger all in the second half. 

Tavernier was booked for being fouled. Although I'd have booked him for being total shite earlier on. 

All of that pales into insignificance with the resurgence of racism and bigotry at the football. 

Ikpeazu spent the entire game being fouled. He’s an easy target, defenders know they can do so with impunity. A particular favourite was a swallow dive of laughably obvious fakeness by Katic right in front of the Main Stand that Clancy couldn’t make up his mind what to do first, give a foul for or award 5.0 for artistic content. He gave a foul though obviously.That he’s a hopeless ref I think just about everyone can agree.

Rangers might be a lot better this season as the media assures us, I can only go by the two games I’ve seen. An OF game in which they were absolutely rotten and completely outplayed. And yesterday, in which they again looked ordinary, while a lot of average players struggled to create much of anything against a team that is 10th in the league. Maybe I’ve just seen them on a couple of bad days of course, I concede that’s possible.

Re the alleged racist abuse, if the guy said it he should get a life ban and the police should be knocking on his door. I have no idea how anyone can say they know what he is saying from the clip, but if there is evidence then throw the book at him. No excuses. Not least because such behaviour gives the media all the excuses they need (not that they need any) to ignore 2 hours of sectarian party songs from hundreds, thousands, of fans in the away end.

Edited by Pool Q

46 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

Re the alleged racist abuse, if the guy said it he should get a life ban and the police should be knocking on his door. I have no idea how anyone can say they know what he is saying from the clip, but if there is evidence then throw the book at him. No excuses. Not least because such behaviour gives the media all the excuses they need (not that they need any) to ignore 2 hours of sectarian party songs from hundreds, thousands, of fans in the away end.

Renfrew will be along shortly to sarcastically say something like, “That’s the important thing to take from the story” though. 🙄

Edited by WCTA

3 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

No, but that's the important thing to take from this story. 🙄

Typical old firm pish. The laws state he should've been booked. He wasn't. That's the long and the short of it. The rest is up in the air. It's the same with refereeing rangers Celtic games differently to other games. That's cheating and it is always in favour of the two cheeks. To pretend this isn't the case is plain wrong. 

3 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I agree but the ref was hopeless yesterday. He let the Ikpeazu foul at will in the first 45 but booked him for bugger all in the second half. 

Tavernier was booked for being fouled. Although I'd have booked him for being total shite earlier on. 

A couple of isolated instances of racism masks the blatant favouritism shown towards Rangers and Celtic for decades? Really? 

3 hours ago, Pool Q said:

Ikpeazu spent the entire game being fouled. He’s an easy target, defenders know they can do so with impunity. A particular favourite was a swallow dive of laughably obvious fakeness by Katic right in front of the Main Stand that Clancy couldn’t make up his mind what to do first, give a foul for or award 5.0 for artistic content. He gave a foul though obviously.That he’s a hopeless ref I think just about everyone can agree.

Rangers might be a lot better this season as the media assures us, I can only go by the two games I’ve seen. An OF game in which they were absolutely rotten and completely outplayed. And yesterday, in which they again looked ordinary, while a lot of average players struggled to create much of anything against a team that is 10th in the league. Maybe I’ve just seen them on a couple of bad days of course, I concede that’s possible.

No excuses for Katic but you have glossed over Ikpeazu's hopeless dive in the first half nearly 2 full seconds after the contact with Katic stopped. 

They were every bit as bad as each other. My point was more to do with how Ikpeazu was booked for nothing after doing far worse before. 

I don't actually mind some physical contact between the Striker and Defender as its the kind of football I grew up watching. 

We were pish yesterday. Whether because Tavernier was awful or Hearts put us off our stride. We have played far better. 

As for the racist abuse its nice to see fellow fans pointing the finger at the guy. I'd appreciate it if the arseholes at Ibrox were treated the same but I can't see that happening anytime soon. 

3 hours ago, WCTA said:

Renfrew will be along shortly to sarcastically say something like, “That’s the important thing to take from the story” though. 🙄

His point is valid and sensible. Yours was just pish. 👍

3 hours ago, Farcity said:

Typical old firm pish. The laws state he should've been booked. He wasn't. That's the long and the short of it. The rest is up in the air. It's the same with refereeing rangers Celtic games differently to other games. That's cheating and it is always in favour of the two cheeks. To pretend this isn't the case is plain wrong. 

So you're stating that the refs are cheats? 

Seriously saying that? 

Or have I misinterpreted what you mean? 

Just now, RenfrewBlue said:

No. But that wasn't the point being discussed. 

It’s an event that happened in the same game. It continues to happen in every single game that you monkeys are involved in. The same games which without them there would be no reason for this thread to exist. 
Faircity has every right to bring it up for discussion. 

6 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Seriously saying that? 

When you consistently don't apply the rules im not sure what else you can call it. 

6 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Edited by Farcity

7 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

No excuses for Katic but you have glossed over Ikpeazu's hopeless dive in the first half nearly 2 full seconds after the contact with Katic stopped. 

They were every bit as bad as each other. My point was more to do with how Ikpeazu was booked for nothing after doing far worse before. 

I don't actually mind some physical contact between the Striker and Defender as its the kind of football I grew up watching. 

We were pish yesterday. Whether because Tavernier was awful or Hearts put us off our stride. We have played far better. 

As for the racist abuse its nice to see fellow fans pointing the finger at the guy. I'd appreciate it if the arseholes at Ibrox were treated the same but I can't see that happening anytime soon. 

I honestly don’t remember the Ikpeazu dive. He does have previous for it though, and it is often comically obvious. Out of interest did Clancy give a foul?

10 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Seriously saying that? 

No, he’s saying that derby games are refereed differently to other games. The spfl have further confirmed this with their decision on substitutions this season and many an ex ref has said they let a lot go in terms of bookings early in a game so they don’t “ruin the spectacle”

Its making decisions more favourable towards the big teams, so in a way, yes, I’ll take my first part back and say they’re at least cheating the other teams in the competition. 

Edited by dandydunn

2 hours ago, Pool Q said:

I honestly don’t remember the Ikpeazu dive. He does have previous for it though, and it is often comically obvious. Out of interest did Clancy give a foul?

No, he waved play on. It was just as bad, if not worse than Katic dive. 

12 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

My point was more to do with how Ikpeazu was booked for nothing after doing far worse before. 

That sounds like the ref was spot on. That’s how accumulation works. From the BBC radio coverage, he gave away a lot of fouls, but none were specifically yellow card offences. 

I’ve watched the racist incident and genuinely can’t make out what he said. I’d assume he is probably guilty as other Hearts fans grassed him in. Looking at the fine example of that man, white clearly isn’t the superior race. 

I think the alleged racism incident is being blown out of proportion a bit.

This is a single angry gammon frothing at the mouth with what appears to be a racist rant.

Yes, he should be dealt with, there’s no place for it, but not sure one guy is indicative of a wider problem in Scottish football.

Hundreds, probably thousands were belting out sectarianism early in the same game, that is surely a bigger issue?