Ticket sales picking up - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket sales picking up

hamilton wanderer

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Surely it's the very best day for a 7:45pm kick off?

No work that day = plenty time to get there
No school the next day = No need to worry about late night for kids
No work next day for most people = No need to worry about late night

I dunno what planet some folk live on.

Ffs I thought it was 5pm kick off 😳 I have had the tickets for months as well. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Surely it's the very best day for a 7:45pm kick off?

No work that day = plenty time to get there
No school the next day = No need to worry about late night for kids
No work next day for most people = No need to worry about late night

I dunno what planet some folk live on.

I guess it depends where you live but 3pm or 5pm would suit more people than a 7:45pm kick-off.

I'm sure sure it is even up for debate.

All the things you listed as positives work just as well for an earlier kick-off. 

49 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Surely a Saturday is ideal for 745 rather than a midweek or Sunday?

Yes, a Saturday 7:45 ko is better than any other day of the week. If it was any other day I wouldn't be taking my kids.

However, we are talking about a 7:45 against an earlier kick-off on a Saturday. Personally I'd prefer 3pm but it's not a big deal. 

10 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We don't self police very well, given the folk that go to every away game and act like utter fannies flashing their knobs to all and sundry.

You know the people I mean.

The guy that got arrested whilst dancing naked in a fountain in Trafalgar Square a few years back was a special kind of arsehole. 

17 hours ago, Haggis Pakora for currency said:

Just to add what else I meant is I'm proud of how we support compared to how engand fans support and react.

Self policing isn't as hard for us and that's to be respected,appreciated and continued.

What happened to the contrived Scottish speak?  I was enjoying that 😁

3 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

However, we are talking about a 7:45 against an earlier kick-off on a Saturday. 

No. No we weren't. 

You maybe worded your initial post poorly, as it read like you were stating that 7:45pm wasn't good, especially on a Saturday. 

4 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Our support is pretty grim now, there is probably more atmosphere on the moon than there is at Scotland home and away games the last couple of years. England, by contrast, actually make a pretty good racket in the stadium. How some of their young arseholes behave outside it is a different matter.

Bang on. Our support seems to get worse every year.  Attention seeking has gone through the roof. 

23 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Will post again one ticket for the south going if anyone wants one at a discounted price

You might have more luck if you post this in the home games section. 

Anyone looking for a cheap ticket will likely look on there. 

On 5/31/2019 at 10:58 PM, fringo said:

As N4Footsoldier said there'll be a huge uplift after the Clarke appointment but  recent years of SFA pricing and team results still won't sell out Hampden.

As a one off they should offer more  kids free (I've no idea if there is some sort of promo).

Find it typical of online forums some of the previous negative responses. At least the comments are picking out singled out muppets, says a lot about the general support. Atmosphere will be better due to the muckle amount of pre match Saturday drinking time too. 

Seems that fringo's idea had been taken up. Mate called me tonight to say his bairn got 2 free tickets at school today for G2 behind the east goal.

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

You might have more luck if you post this in the home games section. 

Anyone looking for a cheap ticket will likely look on there. 

Did that already, covering my bases 

Quick question for anyone out there. What's the score with ticket sales? Are they still on sale in advance?  Can they be bought at ground?

Every time I try to buy ticket is says "Scotland v Cyprus is no longer available for sale. You will need to remove these items from the basket before proceeding to checkout."

No idea what that means, surely not sold out, why do they put out that message? 

sorry if wrong thread but hoping for a quick answer

OK I found the following notice in small print on one of the web pages

"Tickets are available in person from the ticket kiosks located outside the corner of the West and William Hill South Stands from 10am on matchday."

Seems a bit crazy to say "Scotland v Cyprus is no longer available for sale." when that is not true. Turning customers away! 

10 minutes ago, Bino's said:

Pathetic really for a Saturday game but sadly in the current apathetic climate we can't expect anymore

Will be interesting to compare the attendance with similar games around Europe this weekend

2 hours ago, exile said:

OK I found the following notice in small print on one of the web pages

"Tickets are available in person from the ticket kiosks located outside the corner of the West and William Hill South Stands from 10am on matchday."

Seems a bit crazy to say "Scotland v Cyprus is no longer available for sale." when that is not true. Turning customers away! 

Poorly worded but I expect the online sales stop at the point that they can't post them out in time for the match.