Scottish Players in Action 18/19 - Page 18 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in Action 18/19

PASTA Mick

7 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Not getting a game at Liverpool in the top half of the EPL is alot different to not getting a game for west brom in the championship. Burke didn't get much game time last season as well. It is a bit worrying that he isn't playing, I would prefer if he went somewhere where he will get played every week. He's 21 now and needs first team football.

If we can't get first team football at West Brom then he won't be able to get in the Scotland squad. He will get a chance and he will need to take it.

I've no idea why so many people thinking constantly moving clubs is the answer. Players need to up their game and force their way into the team. Moving should only be to better teams or when there is no chance of getting into the team. 

Jack Harper started, and played the full 90 minutes in Malaga’s 1-0 win last night.

played as a lone striker and Spanish press seem to be raving about his performance and the shift he put in (putting himself about well and chasing every ball).

On 8/22/2018 at 11:51 AM, er yir macaroon said:

I honestly think people look at his physique and imagine the rest without watching. His taking the ball into feet following heavy passes has looked excellent in his Scotland games. He’s neat and tidy - none of yir Bambi nonsense! 

Excellent for Scotland? Are you Stevie Wonder?

On 8/22/2018 at 10:07 AM, bazmidd said:

I'm warming to the idea of him and Griff up top together and a midfield of mcginn, Armstrong and mcgregor

Do you think McLeish is going to play with 2 strikers? Highly unlikely. 

Maybe if we get the Faroes or San Marino  in our qualifying group or something but it would be the exception rather than the rule. 

47 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Do you think McLeish is going to play with 2 strikers? Highly unlikely. 

Maybe if we get the Faroes or San Marino  in our qualifying group or something but it would be the exception rather than the rule. 

No chance

Mcburnie could well get the gig up top on his own

3 hours ago, Bino's said:

No chance

Mcburnie could well get the gig up top on his own

He could do but I think Griffiths deserves to keep his place.  For now anyway. 

It’s a tough one as he isn’t first choice at Celtic but he’s getting enough game time at the moment to start against Albania. Just. 

Whether I’ll still think that when the Israel game comes around I don’t know. 

6 hours ago, GHfaeGTA said:

Andy Robertson absolutely superb today defending and attacking. He was everywhere. Some engine on him. How he was not MOM is beyond me

He was excellent, although I'd have given it to one of the Brighton defenders to be fair

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Good to see that Jack Harper played the full 90 minutes of Malaga's 1-0 home win against Alcocorn in a Portugese Division Two match.

When did they move Malaga to Portugal? 😂

Aye hopefully he’ll cement his place in the team. It will be interesting to see if McLeish selects him if he has a sustained run. 

4 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

When did they move Malaga to Portugal? 😂

Aye hopefully he’ll cement his place in the team. It will be interesting to see if McLeish selects him if he has a sustained run. 

Getting him mixed up with Ryan Gauld who is Portugal-based but newspaper reports suggest he may be returning to Scotland soon.

5 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Getting him mixed up with Ryan Gauld who is Portugal-based but newspaper reports suggest he may be returning to Scotland soon.

Yeah I heard Gauld might be moving to Rangers on loan. Aberdeen is also a possibility. 

If he does go to Ibrox, gets a run in the team and is selected by McLeish I will look forward to the ‘he’s only in the squad because he’s playing for Rangers’ brigade coming out in force. 

42 minutes ago, runningtings said:

I just don't see it, he has done nothing since leaving.

Crazy to think that he will return and be the best player in Scotland.

He’s much bigger physically and has been playing at a good standard. He cruised it here when he was a skelf and he’s stronger, faster and more experienced now. Just wait and see.