Scottish player transfers - Page 190 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

4 hours ago, syecosse said:

Sorry Tartan, for some reason I cannot respond back, as above, He has been injured for most of the season, but when he has played he has impressed, West Ham fans are not happy that he is leaving and blame Moyes for not giving him a run in the team, they rate him higher than Coufal and Johnson it seems.

Newcastle want him to take over Trippier eventually and see him in the same mould as him and to learn from him, apparently Leeds had him eyed as a starter. Celtic had been long term admirers and apparently tried to get him on loan in the past. 

As mccaughey85 says below, he's 21 and not been a regular anywhere. If he is going to Newcastle to sit on the bench amd wait for his chance behind Trippier, then he'll have wasted a lot of valuable years of development. 

I wouldn't want Moyes having a repeat of what he did with McFadden though. Scotland's best player, and was benched more often than not.

3 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

If he gets gametime at newcastle then great but if he doesnt then its not a good move considering hes 21 and never played much in his career. Maybe newcastle could loan him to a championship side were he could play every week and then next season give him starts. Seems a strange move considering newcastle have limitless funds.

I hope Newcastle don't just see him as a good backup player. Kind of like when the big teams sign a seasoned goalkeeper with no intention of actually playing them e.g Chelsea - Cudicini, Spurs - Forster, Man U - Goram (Plenty of better examples, I'm sure, but those are the ones that sprung to mind.

22 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Gilmour linked with a loan move to Villareal.

Doesn’t really matter where he goes now aslong as he’s playing. Rangers would be a fine move now even till the end of the season. 

I think spain or portugal would be a great place for him as its less about pace power than the epl.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2022 at 8:45 AM, ProudScot said:

Gilmour linked with a loan move to Villareal.

Doesn’t really matter where he goes now aslong as he’s playing. Rangers would be a fine move now even till the end of the season. 

a loan move to Rangers would be good for Rangers but not for him, it would be a step backwards. If he gets a move to Spain its great for him and Scotland

39 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

a loan move to Rangers would be good for Rangers but not for him, it would be a step backwards. If he gets a move to Spain its great for him and Scotland

Not sure it would neccessarily be a step backwards. He cant get a game for brighton and was pretty poor at norwich. He has to accept that he might not make it at a top club and rangers could be a good stepping stone in his career before moving back to the epl or a top european league in the future. 

I would like to see him go spain of portugal because i think it would suit his style but most of the decent sides there might not fancy him so he needs to accept that somewhere like rangers could be beneficial for him in the long run.

30 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Not sure it would neccessarily be a step backwards. He cant get a game for brighton and was pretty poor at norwich. He has to accept that he might not make it at a top club and rangers could be a good stepping stone in his career before moving back to the epl or a top european league in the future. 

I would like to see him go spain of portugal because i think it would suit his style but most of the decent sides there might not fancy him so he needs to accept that somewhere like rangers could be beneficial for him in the long run.

He needs to stay as far away from Ibrox as he can.  He'll learn absolutely fck all being involved in a turkey shoot for all but 4 games every season.

16 minutes ago, daviebee said:

He needs to stay as far away from Ibrox as he can.  He'll learn absolutely fck all being involved in a turkey shoot for all but 4 games every season.

Loads of players have developed their careers at rangers and celtic before moving onto bigger things. Ok the standard might not be high overall in the spl but you have to consider the fact that gilmour is struggling in his career. He played poorly for a relegated team and now he cant get a game for a team who usually battle relegation. A reality check is needed. He should not be considered too good for rangers or the spl especially at his age. What he needs is to playing every week and if thats in the spl then so be it. I would even be happy for him to be loaned out to english championship side in January if it means he gets plays half a season there. 

Hes at an important point in his career where he needs to be playing.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

Reading that Ryan Fraser and Newcastle have mutually agreed he will be sold in the January transfer window. Not sure where he will go… maybe back to Bournemouth. 

😂 How he's received if he goes back there will be interesting!

4 hours ago, bigfingers said:

Reading that Ryan Fraser and Newcastle have mutually agreed he will be sold in the January transfer window. Not sure where he will go… maybe back to Bournemouth. 

Newcastle have big aspirations and i doubt hes good enough to be a part of those aspirations. Somewhere like wolves or crystal palace would be good. Hes too good a player to be playing english championship imo.

5 hours ago, bigfingers said:

That's because he is fucking pish

1 hour ago, Kirk said:

That's because he is fucking pish

If hes pish then what does that make the rest of our wingers?

Hes probably the only decent winger we have tbf.

Hes not good enough for a top 6 epl team but he more than proved his worth in the epl at Bournemouth. A lower half epl team would probably be happy to take a punt on him if the price is right.