The Weemin - Page 28 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Weemin

Toepoke

Not to be flippant for once. That Lauren James is very good. Didn’t know her story and her brother being at Chelsea til this summer. It’s just the standard beneath her on the pitch is players not school level. 
oops , thrashing Scotland wasn’t good enough. The disappointment in the voices of the house jocks is audible. 

That is satisfying, get it up them.

On a serious note, I stuck on the last 10mins or so on the off chance of catching a goal. Very very poor from Scotland, struggled to string 2 passes together at times and unable to clear their lines. Quite all over the place.

I thought the womens team had turned a corner this year in terms of the gap between the major teams but this Nations League looks to have been a disaster

Pitiful performance from Scotland though. Clearly England are a better team than them but they were able to compete when they played them in England - and were unlucky not to get something from the game - so to not only lose but to get thrashed at home like that just isn't acceptable. 

3 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

That is satisfying, get it up them.

On a serious note, I stuck on the last 10mins or so on the off chance of catching a goal. Very very poor from Scotland, struggled to string 2 passes together at times and unable to clear their lines. Quite all over the place.

I thought the womens team had turned a corner this year in terms of the gap between the major teams but this Nations League looks to have been a disaster

Just out of their depth, I think.

I hope the men's team don't repeat the feat in their next Nation's League campaign.  😳

7 minutes ago, Shaundy said:

Not to be flippant for once. That Lauren James is very good. Didn’t know her story and her brother being at Chelsea til this summer. It’s just the standard beneath her on the pitch is players not school level. 
oops , thrashing Scotland wasn’t good enough. The disappointment in the voices of the house jocks is audible. 

🇳🇱🇳🇱🇳🇱🇳🇱

Poor performance from the women, a mere shadow compared to the Sunderland game where we looked the better team for much of the match and were unlucky not to get a point.

We have got some good players and one outstanding one (who unfortunately was injured) but success at this level is essential for the game going forward. 

England are a good side but that's an embarrassment in the circumstances.  As soon as Corsie gave her interview suspected a pumping as calamity typically follows her giving it the big 'un whether its ticketing, equal pay or now Scotland not rolling over for a tummy tickle.

If she wants to say something authoritative it should be around had England qualified any Scotland player on that pitch tonight accepting a Team GB call up should never play for us again.  However suspect her nose would have been firmly up Wiegman's arse coveting the tick box house jock spot had England qualified for the Olympics.

Don't know what it is, and it isn't the results, but ever since the World Cup fallout its been a difficult side to actually like - there's just something nae right about them since.  

Really disappointing evening, especially as I've talked up the SWNT and can see the joy going gives especially the ypung lassies in our family.  I can take a team trying their best and just being beat by a better team.  But the attitude around the team GB stinks

Half way through the game you have BBC Scotland journalists talking about Erin Cuthbert going to the Olympics.

In the guts of a absolute humping I think that's inappropriate and pathetic

1. You're only there through your own failure

2. Taking a place from the English team that deserve it

3. Embarrassed your country versus your top rival

4. Brings integrity into question with other teams in the group.

Any player that went with Team GB in those particular circumstances should have been ashamed of themselves as a professional athlete.  Deserve to go or don't, never mind the whole risking future national teams angle.  It's not like the Olympics is the top tournament like a long time ago.

That permutation should never have been allowed to happen. 

The manager has to go.  Unacceptable result but the players need to up their game.  They've been given all the resources, marketing and media coverage and more.  They need to simply start qualifying for tournament..off their own back. 

12 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

Really disappointing evening, especially as I've talked up the SWNT and can see the joy going gives especially the ypung lassies in our family.  I can take a team trying their best and just being beat by a better team.  But the attitude around the team GB stinks

Half way through the game you have BBC Scotland journalists talking about Erin Cuthbert going to the Olympics.

Any player that went with Team GB in those particular circumstances should have been ashamed of themselves as a professional athlete.  Deserve to go or don't, never mind the whole risking future national teams angle.  It's not like the Olympics is the top tournament like a long time ago.

The manager has to go.  Unacceptable result but the players need to up their game.  They've been given all the resources, marketing and media coverage and more.  They need to simply start qualifying for tournament..off their own back. 

Completely agree - they've gone backwards for 5 years and need to concentrate on their performance on the pitch rather than anyone's off it.

Our sporting integrity as a nation was called into question last night and they churn that shit out including the embarrassing  Cuthbert commentary.

I've experienced a whole host of emotions supporting Scotland but shame isn't usually one but last night was a disgrace to the shirt.

11 fouls in 90 minutes getting humped off England- might as well have just sat down.

56 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

Great post. I couldn't bring myself to watch it as I knew the Team GB / Lionesses chat would be excruciating, plus I feared England would be much more up for it than us.

So different from the away game in Sunderland where we should have taken at least a point. Appreciate we didn't have Caroline Weir last night but still that was a disgraceful performance.

1 hour ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Completely agree - they've gone backwards for 5 years and need to concentrate on their performance on the pitch rather than anyone's off it.

Our sporting integrity as a nation was called into question last night and they churn that shit out including the embarrassing  Cuthbert commentary.

I've experienced a whole host of emotions supporting Scotland but shame isn't usually one but last night was a disgrace to the shirt.

11 fouls in 90 minutes getting humped off England- might as well have just sat down.

And to think one of the main "selling points" of womens' football is the concept that the players really care for playing for the jersey over the apparently pampered mens teams. Not on last night's display.

11 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

England are a good side but that's an embarrassment in the circumstances.  As soon as Corsie gave her interview suspected a pumping as calamity typically follows her giving it the big 'un whether its ticketing, equal pay or now Scotland not rolling over for a tummy tickle.

If she wants to say something authoritative it should be around had England qualified any Scotland player on that pitch tonight accepting a Team GB call up should never play for us again.  However suspect her nose would have been firmly up Wiegman's arse coveting the tick box house jock spot had England qualified for the Olympics.

Don't know what it is, and it isn't the results, but ever since the World Cup fallout its been a difficult side to actually like - there's just something nae right about them since.  

Would Corsie be good enough to make a GB side? Being part of a defence that leaked six goals at home isn't exactly the best way to go about advertising your abilities!

Being drawn in the same group as England when part of the prize for winning the group is a place in the Olympics seems either incredibly fortuitous or as corrupt as fuck, depending on how cynical you are. Either way, Olympic football is a nonsense; the Olympics is an athletics competition, football already has its big showcase events.

56 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Would Corsie be good enough to make a GB side? Being part of a defence that leaked six goals at home isn't exactly the best way to go about advertising your abilities!

Being drawn in the same group as England when part of the prize for winning the group is a place in the Olympics seems either incredibly fortuitous or as corrupt as fuck, depending on how cynical you are. Either way, Olympic football is a nonsense; the Olympics is an athletics competition, football already has its big showcase events.

The Olympics in Women’s football is actually quite a big thing at least relative to men’s football.   Before the first World Cup in 1991 it was the only opportunity for international competition.

When the draw was made it was obvious that this circumstance was possible, quite why England, Scotland and Wales were not kept separate in the draw is beyond me.  It’s either extreme incompetence or seriously bent.

There’s only one Scottish player who would walk into that England squad and she wasn’t playing last night as she’s got a cruciate ligament injury.

i turned the game over at 5-0.  Up until the 2nd goal I thought it was a fairly tight but 4 goals in 11 minutes killed it off.   It’s worth looking at Lauren James two goals.   The first is a complete fluke as it takes a shocking deflection of Nicola Docherty’s back.  

The second is a great shot, for her size, Lee Gibson is a good keeper, she gets her fingertips on it but the shot is too strong.  She’s only 5’ 7” though.  If she were 5’ 10” she gets her palm on it and puts it past.

The other goals are all poor defensive errors though.  

Went to game last night with nephew. My first time attending Ladies football, never seen more than a very seconds at a time, so went with no preconceptions,  good or bad

To sum it up in one line, last night was a Team of Women's Footballers v A team of women playing football.

They played well in the first game though away from home at wembley.

It's not like we should be expecting a six nil at home, in my opinion.  A defeat is odds on but we're not an amateur side.

For context defeated 1 nil at home v Netherlands.

If it was me, it's an unacceptable result.  Any glossing over it is patronising in my view.  The boss needs to go.

38 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

He's certainly been unimpressive.

You really think so?

This was the inaugural Women’s Nations League.  The seedings were carried out on the basis of team-coefficients.

Scotland had the lowest coefficient in League A, #16.  In fact they were #17 and only got bumped up because Russia invaded Ukraine.   A lot of that was down to Losa’s work over the previous year or so.

They were then drawn in a group with the #1, #6 and #10 seeds.   The four teams relegated?  The bottom teams.  

Add to that he lost his best player to injury for the bulk of the campaign.

If and when we get relegated from pot A in next year’s nations league should we sack him as well.

The reality is that Scotland - at men’s and women’s football - are not League A teams at the moment.  They both look like they are heading that way but sacking either manager won’t help anything.

Start a thread called “Sack Pedro Martinez Losa” now and let’s see if you look as ridiculous as kumnio once the Euro qualifiers start next year.

4 hours ago, aaid said:

You really think so?

This was the inaugural Women’s Nations League.  The seedings were carried out on the basis of team-coefficients.

Scotland had the lowest coefficient in League A, #16.  In fact they were #17 and only got bumped up because Russia invaded Ukraine.   A lot of that was down to Losa’s work over the previous year or so.

They were then drawn in a group with the #1, #6 and #10 seeds.   The four teams relegated?  The bottom teams.  

Add to that he lost his best player to injury for the bulk of the campaign.

If and when we get relegated from pot A in next year’s nations league should we sack him as well.

The reality is that Scotland - at men’s and women’s football - are not League A teams at the moment.  They both look like they are heading that way but sacking either manager won’t help anything.

Start a thread called “Sack Pedro Martinez Losa” now and let’s see if you look as ridiculous as kumnio once the Euro qualifiers start next year.

All fair points and I'm probably hurting by being drubbed by England. Having said that there has been fairly widespread criticism of the way he's set the team up and the general lack of confidence. Incidentally I called him 'unimpressive', I didn't call for him to be sacked amongst other reasons I've no idea who would replace him. Hopefully he will turn it around, but I'm worried he won't. I'll be happy to eat my words if he succeeds.