This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 158 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

Well, I'm so glad that the 'Aberdeen beat Celtic fair and square' debate has been put to bed. :D

(Thank you, Brendan!)

JFRT - The Celtic fan's dislike of Shay Logan started when Shay ran to the ref after being called a "black c*nt" by Aleksander 'currently without a club' Tonev.

I was at Shay's first game at Celtic Park.

He scored.

He did his first backflip.

No one had a problem back then.

Instead of 'showing racism the red card', Celtic blindly backed their guilty player.

The only explanation in the fan's minds was that Shay was lying, so he's received pelters ever since.

Regardless of whether a person is popular or not, there's no place for that kind of abuse.

8 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Well, I'm so glad that the 'Aberdeen beat Celtic fair and square' debate has been put to bed. :D

(Thank you, Brendan!)

JFRT - The Celtic fan's dislike of Shay Logan started when Shay ran to the ref after being called a "black c*nt" by Aleksander 'currently without a club' Tonev.

He scored.

Instead of 'showing racism the red card', Celtic blindly backed their guilty player.

The only explanation in the fan's minds was that Shay was lying, so he's received pelters ever since.

Regardless of whether a person is popular or not, there's no place for that kind of abuse.

Why would they not back him when it was one persons word against anothers?

2 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Why would they not back him when it was one persons word against anothers?

Because the best way to eradicate racism isn't to try and sweep it under the carpet.

Celtic tried to get away with it in the same way a club backs a player who was obviously due the red but was somehow hoping for a favourable result.

The very fact that (as you say) it was one person's word against another was the only 'opportunity' Celtic needed as a potential out.

They should have thought the whole thing through a bit better imho.

(How bad was Tonev in the interview then?)

Guest faircity
3 hours ago, Mox said:

Don't talk utter shite, where you at the game yesterday? There was no abuse getting dished out to Logan the entire game, I accept he's been abused and booed before but not yesterday. 

Yeah. He was booed yesterday. To suggest he wasn't is just plain lying. 

19 minutes ago, faircity said:

Yeah. He was booed yesterday. To suggest he wasn't is just plain lying. 

My celtic pals at work were all talking about the booing. They must have been making it up then according to mox. But somehow i dont think 

Edit: now looking forward to being called a troll 😑. Anyone new coming on here with an opinion. Especially rangers minded. Is a troll according to the dons and cellic mafia.

Edited by Rolling hIlls
Afdition

47 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Because the best way to eradicate racism isn't to try and sweep it under the carpet.

Celtic tried to get away with it in the same way a club backs a player who was obviously due the red but was somehow hoping for a favourable result.

The very fact that (as you say) it was one person's word against another was the only 'opportunity' Celtic needed as a potential out.

To be fair, it was hardly Liverpool and Suarez levels of backing. Hardly a criminal offence to take the word of one of your players at face value, as opposed to throwing him under the bus without trial.

47 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

If Celtic believe their player to be innocent then there's nothing to be swept under the carpet 

We just to convict people in the courts for racism too, even when there's no 3rd party witnesses or evidence other than one persons word against another?

3 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

To be fair, it was hardly Liverpool and Suarez levels of backing. Hardly a criminal offence to take the word of one of your players at face value, as opposed to throwing him under the bus without trial.

No. Do your own internal investigation with the aim of finding the truth (and not what you want/hope to find).

1 minute ago, Scotland Ever More said:

If Celtic believe their player to be innocent then there's nothing to be swept under the carpet 

Was that the case, though? (Or did they think/hope it was something that would go unproven?)

5 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

We just to convict people in the courts for racism too, even when there's no 3rd party witnesses or evidence other than one persons word against another?

No one is suggesting that.

There was an investigation.

Tonev and (by association) Celtic were disgraced.

He had to go (and in hindsight I'm sure that Celtic would have done things differently).

12 minutes ago, Mox said:

You're wrong my man.

It may be that as your suppprt boo and claim lawyersrus at every decision u didnt notice? Until the last revel 'brigade' wouldnt deny it i am sure. They are honest supporters and victims of everything from the potato famine to hugh dallas

3 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

It may be that as your suppprt boo and claim lawyersrus at every decision u didnt notice? Until the last revel 'brigade' wouldnt deny it i am sure. They are honest supporters and victims of everything from the potato famine to hugh dallas

I understand none of this I'm afraid.

2 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

(Thank you, Brendan!)

He scored.

Wasn't his first game at Celtic Park the cup game we won 2-1? Cadger and Pawlett goals. 

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

My celtic pals at work were all talking about the booing. They must have been making it up then according to mox. But somehow i dont think 

Edit: now looking forward to being called a troll 😑. Anyone new coming on here with an opinion. Especially rangers minded. Is a troll according to the dons and cellic mafia.

Superb trolling.

"pals"

"work"

😂

17 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Nah, he played at tynecastle in the semi. Must’ve signed early January. 

The cup game we won was a week after the tynecastle semi...

2 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Edit: now looking forward to being called a troll 😑.

13 minutes ago, Flure said:

Superb trolling.

Trolling hills? 😸

Edited by exile

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Wasn't his first game at Celtic Park the cup game we won 2-1? Cadger and Pawlett goals. 

Could very well be.

I was trying to make the point about first goal, first backflip, and no hated from the crowd.

8 hours ago, Mox said:

Will be some sore heed for Redz this morning, outed himself as a hun yesterday with the paedo chat, I'm not surprised tbf I just feel sorry for him.

Game was terrible yesterday, Celtic, as has been the case for most of the season were rubbish and standard for Aberdeen to beat us when it means f uck all. As for Logan, the Celtic fans that boo him for being racially abused are c unts, but he is a wee d ick, I hope he has a terrible summer.

:lol: Nope & Nope, but thanks for thinking about me!

I thought I would try and 'blend in' yesterday by attempting to be as nasty, bitter and vindictive as you, your vic-tim pals, and the knuckle draggers in blue.

I Failed miserably.......:wave: