This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 162 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

7 hours ago, theweestevie said:

Football is all about scoring goals, and personally I think the team that scores the most goals over a series of games should be champions...?

I think it usually works out that way anyway? I wonder if any team has won the league when a team below them has scored more goals? I would guess that it might have happened in England but not Scotland. Could be a good quiz question but I can't be bothered to check.

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

I think it usually works out that way anyway? I wonder if any team has won the league when a team below them has scored more goals? I would guess that it might have happened in England but not Scotland. Could be a good quiz question but I can't be bothered to check.

😜

3 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

OK couldn't resist it, so went to have a look. First season I picked at random was 1999. Rangers won the league scoring 78 goals and Celtic scored 84, so I could be talking baws.

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

Whit does that face mean?

I thought it was 'silly', but don't quote me on that.  Not an emoji expert. 👀

10 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Maybe check this seasons table?

On 5/15/2018 at 5:57 PM, dandydunn said:

Aberdeen appeal red card :ok:

Appeal rejected, we can’t have any complaints about it but it’s not a surprise that no action is taken against Lustig, Boyata or Griffiths.

scottish football at its finest.

16 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Thistle better not get relegated.

No cunt wants to go to Livingston.

I want Livingston up to freshen the league up a bit. Been a while since they've been in the top flight.

I do enjoy going to Firhill though, especially for a Friday night game.

40 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

I want Livingston up to freshen the league up a bit. Been a while since they've been in the top flight.

I do enjoy going to Firhill though, especially for a Friday night game.

Aye ordinarily I'd agree with you but Livingston is utter pish for an away day. No redeeming features whatsoever.

Plus, it's a pure riddy having the Tony Macaroni stadium in the league haha

I was working abroad when Livi were last up and I've never been there but it looks a neat wee stadium. Wouldn't mind them coming up, they seem to have quite a passionate young support who have grown up as fans of their local team. Good to see :) 

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye ordinarily I'd agree with you but Livingston is utter pish for an away day. No redeeming features whatsoever.

Worse than that.

It's the Tony Macaroni Arena.

Although given how often the name of the stadium has changed...

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Not as much of a riddy as going into administration while having Intelligent Finance as a shirt sponsor...

On 5/17/2018 at 9:43 AM, theweestevie said:

Yeah it is a case that Parkie made 2 arguments of why Aberdeen deserved to finsih above Hibs. RB picked up on one and gave a counter and dismissed the other argument while Parkie defends his original stance using the other argument.

Exactly. Its Parkie's MO. He makes lots of statements and just glosses over the nonsense stuff. 

I'm just trying to point it out. 

On 5/17/2018 at 11:26 AM, Parklife said:

It's also funny how we get days of discussion over a tackle on a Rangers players but Goss and Holt's horrendous challenges against Aberdeen are forgotten. 

I think there was quite a bit of discussion on the Rangers tackles vs Aberdeen. I remember posting on it at the time. 

But don't let that affect your campaign. 

On 5/17/2018 at 10:54 AM, Bristolhibby said:

Funny Rossiters challenge not making the highlights.

Who’d have thunk it?

Context schmontext.

J

I still can't find any video of it. Any chance of a link? 

I quite enjoy a crunching challenge or two and you don't get many these days. 

On 5/17/2018 at 3:11 PM, Scotty CTA said:

Sunshine Appeal bet?

Sorry Scotty, just catching up. What parameters are you looking at? 

Loser is team who takes less points in league games? 

9 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Appeal rejected, we can’t have any complaints about it but it’s not a surprise that no action is taken against Lustig, Boyata or Griffiths.

scottish football at its finest.

Utter disgrace. Logan is definitely not the worst offender in this. 

6 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I think there was quite a bit of discussion on the Rangers tackles vs Aberdeen. I remember posting on it at the time. 

But don't let that affect your campaign. 

Full Sportsound discussion on it? Player/manager asked about it by the media in press conference? 

Nah, didn't think so. It's just another example of the Scottish "media" being lapdogs for Rangers and Celtic and not giving a fuck about anyone else. 

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Scottish "media" being lapdogs for Rangers 

C'mon Parkie.  Maybe in the past but those days are behind us now.

1 minute ago, BlueGaz said:

C'mon Parkie.  Maybe in the past but those days are behind us now.

Are they, aye? 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2652433/rangers-jermain-defoe-lucas-leiva-martin-skrtel-steven-gerrard/

Edited by Parklife

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Reporting on a possible hit list for transfers this summer is hardly being a lapdog for Rangers 🤣😂 FFS.

The press generally hammer us these days, most of the time justifiably so, some of the time not.  

6 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Reporting on a possible hit list for transfers this summer is hardly being a lapdog for Rangers 🤣😂 FFS.

They're completely made up pish, fed to them by Ibrox, to placate the fanbase. The club know it & the papers know it. :lol: 

Anyway, I've really no issue debating this. You can carry on pretending that the Glasgow media don't play lapdog to Rangers. 

Guest BlueGaz
48 minutes ago, Parklife said:

They're completely made up pish, fed to them by Ibrox, to placate the fanbase. The club know it & the papers know it. :lol: 

Anyway, I've really no issue debating this. You can carry on pretending that the Glasgow media don't play lapdog to Rangers. 

Fans don’t believe hardly anything coming from the club anymore. That trust has been well and truly severed. 

Ok. :ok:

36 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Fans don’t believe hardly anything coming from the club anymore.

That means the exact opposite of what you want it to. Classic.