Scottish Players in action 17/18 - Page 48 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in action 17/18

jamboman

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Doubt if England will ever call him up and don't even think we should at the moment unless he phones and lets us know he prepared to walk backwards while  naked over the forth road bridge to play for us.

If he turns out good enough fair enough but for the time being...........

If he's playing for man utd every week which he is then he should be in our squad, even England will come calling if he keeps playing every week.

Tierney strolled that game today, though decision for McLeish........Tierney or Robertson. Either is fine with me

forrest brilliant again but we know that form won’t  be the same in a Scotland shirt.

brown, bossed the midfield but embarrassed himself with that silly reaction to being brought down. That’s our national captain:lol:

36 minutes ago, Debian said:

Murphy was immense yesterday against Hearts.  Imagine he will receive a call up for the double header.

One good game for rangers = call up. Oh Scottish football, don’t you just love it?:lol::lol:

2 hours ago, daviebee said:

I think that's the one place he can't play!  Didn't look great there v Slovakia.  Didn't Rogers say he saw his future as a centre back?  He knows a lot more about fitba than me but Tierney looks a real special talent and I reckon he could be running the show in the middle of the park.

I’m warming to the idea of him in midfield. He’s some player. Who plays left centre back though? I guess it’s a case of weighing up not conceding goals against getting them at the other end and what players we have available in all the various positions he could play. For me, right back isn’t really one of them.

3 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

I’m warming to the idea of him in midfield. He’s some player. Who plays left centre back though? I guess it’s a case of weighing up not conceding goals against getting them at the other end and what players we have available in all the various positions he could play. For me, right back isn’t really one of them.

unless you play with wing backs;)

2 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Doubt if England will ever call him up and don't even think we should at the moment unless he phones and lets us know he prepared to walk backwards while  naked over the forth road bridge to play for us.

If he turns out good enough fair enough but for the time being...........

If that was where the qualification bar was set then Big Ramy would be on about 50 caps by now.

9 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Let's not get carried away. He's a brilliant left back who can cover CB or RB if need be. He's not always been brilliant for Celtic in the European games this season and playing blinders against spl opposition doesn't make you a world beater. Hopefully we can accommodate him in a cb back three as it would be best to try and have our best players on the team as Robertson looks like a top player.

27 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Let's not get carried away. He's a brilliant left back who can cover CB or RB if need be. He's not always been brilliant for Celtic in the European games this season and playing blinders against spl opposition doesn't make you a world beater. Hopefully we can accommodate him in a cb back three as it would be best to try and have our best players on the team as Robertson looks like a top player.

Hardly getting carried away. He couldn’t play defensive midfield? He’s got a great shot, range of passing, and is sharp in the tackle.

29 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

If this refers to the sending off, Brown was fine.

Aye, better to jump up and laugh than roll about pretending to be injured.  

He reminded me a wee bit of Begbie after he chucked that glass and the pub fight kicked off. 

Edited by adamntg

2 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Aye, better to jump up and laugh than roll about pretending to be injured.  

He reminded me a wee bit of Begbie after he chucked that glass and the pub fight kicked off. 

Begbie? Really? Come on te fuck min. Even if you are serious, why is acting like a fictitious violent thug brilliant?

1 minute ago, adamntg said:

Come on princess, dry yer eyes   He made your big haddie look stupid, you just have to suck it up   

I suggest you read the match thread l you’ll get my opinion on cosgrove and his challenge on brown.