The Brexit Thread - Page 177 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Brexit Thread

On 9/11/2019 at 11:40 AM, Dave78 said:

And what are we to make of Kilmarnock continually voting Labour? :lol:

The difference in voting pattern over the years (South: Tory, North: Labour) has been mainly down to the different demographics of Ayrshire. The 'staunch Orange vote' is broadly similar across both seats.

Edit: Anyway, i'd put my house on Ayr turning SNP yellow at the upcoming election. 

Glad i'm not going to have to sign my hoose over to @Squirrelhumper  :lol:

Well, that was a better result than I had anticipated.  The question now is what the FM is going to do with it.

It looks certain that Brexit will now go ahead, possibly a no deal Brexit even.  That will, according to polls, push indy support beyond 50%.  Johnson can say no to a section 30, but at best he would be kicking the can down the road.  Interesting times.  I hope there is a plan.

12 hours ago, Alibi said:

Well, that was a better result than I had anticipated.  The question now is what the FM is going to do with it.

It looks certain that Brexit will now go ahead, possibly a no deal Brexit even.  That will, according to polls, push indy support beyond 50%.  Johnson can say no to a section 30, but at best he would be kicking the can down the road.  Interesting times.  I hope there is a plan.

More Scots would support indy if it meant we didn't apply to rejoin the EU.  (since we ll now be out by default Jan 31st) 

1 hour ago, Bonny79 said:

More Scots would support indy if it meant we didn't apply to rejoin the EU.  (since we ll now be out by default Jan 31st) 

Don’t think anything in the last few years supports that.

If Scotland was independent now and had an EU referendum tomorrow, at least 60% would vote to join (probably)

• 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

A daft old woman got on the radio.

tenor.gif?itemid=4529582

She shares the exact same beliefs as several million others including a few posters on here 

7 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Favourite comment on it...

I liked that one too.

Peter Cook was before my time but got a lot of his work on DVD later, funny as fuck. The time him and Dudley were in Bransons studio talking about the pope lying in state is still funny as fuck. It would be "edgy" for nowadays let alone back then. I even think the police came and cut the recording for another reason.

3 hours ago, phart said:

I liked that one too.

Peter Cook was before my time but got a lot of his work on DVD later, funny as fuck. The time him and Dudley were in Bransons studio talking about the pope lying in state is still funny as fuck. It would be "edgy" for nowadays let alone back then. I even think the police came and cut the recording for another reason.

The Derek & Clive stuff was off the scale back then.   I had a pal with much older brothers who access to such stuff :ph34r:

All on YouTub now of course and not the better for it.   You had to be then B)