League Cup - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, hannibal smith said:

Thanks for your top tip ?

To be fair, they were the good value on paper, flying in 1st round and won well on Saturday. Won at Easter road last season too.

Killie were same odds, and they haven't won at parkhead for 62 years apparently.

Same result mind you, so bookies right again.

5 hours ago, hannibal smith said:

yeah i can certainly remember sitting in that section as the away end in late 1995 

That's correct. It was 95/6 before the Lisbon Lions stand was built.

Double post for some reason

Edited by Reevesy

Good performances from Anthony Ralston and Calvin Miller tonight.

Eboue was looking very tidy before being stretchered off. Hopefully nothing too serious.

I doubt Kieran Tierney will ever score a better goal in his career than tonight 

1 minute ago, Reevesy said:

Eboue was looking very tidy before being stretchered off. Hopefully nothing too serious.

Did KT play CB?

9 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

So he can play right back, centre back, left back, can he be cloned?

Obviously he hasn't been tested at centre back m8 but Rodgers is on record as saying he sees his future in that position. It's not as though we (Scotland) are short of options at left back. It's something Strachan should consider for the upcoming double header imo.

Also, and I don't know if fellow tims on here would agree, but he seems to have grown physically in stature quite a bit over the last few months. ?

Edited by slasher

10 hours ago, Reevesy said:

One of the worst Killie performances I've ever seen at Parkhead. Shameful.

KT's goal was a screamer, had a perfect view from way end. Was never going anywhere but top bin. We cvnt was watching it on big screen from centre circle!

9 hours ago, slasher said:

Obviously he hasn't been tested at centre back m8 but Rodgers is on record as saying he sees his future in that position. It's not as though we (Scotland) are short of options at left back. It's something Strachan should consider for the upcoming double header imo.

Also, and I don't know if fellow tims on here would agree, but he seems to have grown physically in stature quite a bit over the last few months. ?

Now that was some strike. Absolute screamer. And it wasn't showing signs of slowing down before it hit the net either. 

Not sure Tierney is physically big enough for CB as he still looks like a wee boy. Certainly has the ability domestically though. 

37 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Now that was some strike. Absolute screamer. And it wasn't showing signs of slowing down before it hit the net either. 

Not sure Tierney is physically big enough for CB as he still looks like a wee boy. Certainly has the ability domestically though. 

11 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

He certainly doesn't tackle like a wee boy. I said last night he'd probably move there when he's a bit older and loses a yard of pace. For now, I'd much rather he stayed where he is and make those overlapping runs which create space for Sinclair or allow him to get crosses into the box.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

One of the worst Killie performances I've ever seen at Parkhead. Shameful.

KT's goal was a screamer, had a perfect view from way end. Was never going anywhere but top bin. We cvnt was watching it on big screen from centre circle!

I was pretty surprised at how much space they allowed Miller throughout the first half. It was clear that everything was coming down the left hand side yet they did nothing about it.

That also meant Johnny Hayes not seeing enough of the ball to show what he can do.

Slightly worried about the plastic pitch tonight, hardly set the world on fire on our last few trips there. 

Although, I doubt we will lose if we have 103% possession and 259 attempts on goal like the last game down there. 

When we lost 1-0 :blink: