Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15 - Page 23 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15

9 minutes ago, Parklife said:

It's the fascination with finesse over substance that has led us to end up with utter khunts like Blair and Cameron as PM. 

If opposing that is being on my high horse, then you've got me :ok: 

you're taking that post far too seriously, have a laugh at yourself and others now and again. You might feel better

Just now, vanderark14 said:

you're taking that post far too seriously, have a laugh at yourself and others now and again. You might feel better

I have a laugh at others aaaaallllllll the time ;) 

I feel fantastic. The sun is shining, it's friday, my team is in a cup final and i'm off to Roland Garros in less than 4 weeks :) 

Just now, Parklife said:

I have a laugh at others aaaaallllllll the time ;) 

I feel fantastic. The sun is shining, it's friday, my team is in a cup final and i'm off to Roland Garros in less than 4 weeks :) 

First time at Roland Garros?

25 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

First time at Roland Garros?

Yeah. Can't wait. One day on outside courts, one day on Chartrier and one day on Court 1. :) 

You going? Any advice you can offer? 

11 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Yeah. Can't wait. One day on outside courts, one day on Chartrier and one day on Court 1. :) 

You going? Any advice you can offer? 

We only went for one day to Chartier, it rained on and off all day but we still got to see a lot of tennis. 

Book lunch if you can afford it otherwise its a hot dog or a massive queue for some of the cafes. However the queues may have been worse because of the rain. 

11 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Book lunch if you can afford it otherwise its a hot dog or a massive queue for some of the cafes. However the queues may have been worse because of the rain. 

Thanks. I've bought a cool bag and was planning on taking in lunch with us each day, along with a couple of small bottles of champagne :) 

41 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Thanks. I've bought a cool bag and was planning on taking in lunch with us each day, along with a couple of small bottles of champagne :) 

Hopefully the staff are ok with you taking your own food. I found the staff at RG to be rude and unhelpful, the total opposite to the staff at Wimbledon and the US open

54 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Hopefully the staff are ok with you taking your own food. I found the staff at RG to be rude and unhelpful, the total opposite to the staff at Wimbledon and the US open

From the info i have read, it does say that it's allowed. Similar rules to Wimbledon in that respect. 

I've had nothing through the post from the All England Club, so assume i have been unsuccessful in the ballot :( 

23 minutes ago, Parklife said:

From the info i have read, it does say that it's allowed. Similar rules to Wimbledon in that respect. 

I've had nothing through the post from the All England Club, so assume i have been unsuccessful in the ballot :( 

My mate got Men's Semi Final tickets the other week in ballot.

1 minute ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Maybe me saying anything above 35 seats is a good result is Not that pessimistic 

FPTP is far different to STV

3 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I appreciate that however i think the handling of brexit/indy2 has thrown all party allegiance out the window,, it is now snp/tory

Wait until you see the overall share of first preference votes before making any conclusions. 

4 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I appreciate that however i think the handling of brexit/indy2 has thrown all party allegiance out the window,, it is now snp/tory

Were people expecting the SNP to go back on their manifesto pledge to go for another referendum should we be taken out of the EU? 

39 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Maybe me saying anything above 35 seats is a good result is Not that pessimistic 

As far as I can see SNP vote has held firm.  Rump Labour vote has switched in its entirety to Tories.  

7 minutes ago, adamntg said:

As far as I can see SNP vote has held firm.  Rump Labour vote has switched in its entirety to Tories.  

Held firm from last council elections is not that high a bar,, we are undoubtedly in for a fight and the top snp strategists need to waken up and up their game,,,    

59 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

58 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

FPTP is far different to STV

55 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

50 minutes ago, aaid said:

Wait until you see the overall share of first preference votes before making any conclusions. 

50 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Were people expecting the SNP to go back on their manifesto pledge to go for another referendum should we be taken out of the EU? 

20 minutes ago, adamntg said:

10 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Held firm from last council elections is not that high a bar,, we are undoubtedly in for a fight and the top snp strategists need to waken up and up their game,,,    

whats does any of this have to do with Roland Garros:lol:

@britainelects: Projection national vote share:

CON: 38% (+3)
LAB: 27% (-2)
LDEM: 18% (+7)
UKIP: 5% (-8)

(via John Curtice)
Chgs. w/ 2015.

Would be interesting if that turned out to be the case on 8th June.  That 18% LDEM could be enough to see them pick up a few seats and put a dent into the Tories majority.  Might not be the landslide that's being predicted. 

36 minutes ago, aaid said:

@britainelects: Projection national vote share:

CON: 38% (+3)
LAB: 27% (-2)
LDEM: 18% (+7)
UKIP: 5% (-8)

(via John Curtice)
Chgs. w/ 2015.

Would be interesting if that turned out to be the case on 8th June.  That 18% LDEM could be enough to see them pick up a few seats and put a dent into the Tories majority.  Might not be the landslide that's being predicted. 

If you just go by the numbers you could think that the UKIP vote is going straight to the Lib Dims. :lol:

These kippers don't give a fuk aboot brexit. They just want to cause trouble.:lol:

11 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

If you just go by the numbers you could think that the UKIP vote is going straight to the Lib Dims. :lol:

These kippers don't give a fuk aboot brexit. They just want to cause trouble.:lol:

In reality, I think what's happening is right wing Brexit Kippers going to the Tories and "wet" Remain Tories going to the Lib Dems. 

9 minutes ago, aaid said:

In reality, I think what's happening is right wing Brexit Kippers going to the Tories and "wet" Remain Tories going to the Lib Dems. 

I think so too.

Labour analysts made a similar mistake after the 2011 Holyrood election. Because the Lib Dem vote dropped by the same % as the SNP's rose they assumed those voters had moved straight over, when in fact Labour were haemorrhaging votes to the SNP and it was dissatisfied Libs who were propping up Labour.

His Mande me laugh from twitter (if it wasn't so tragic).

Excellent #LocalElections17 results for UKIP though, as they win overall control of Tory policy.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby