Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15 - Page 28 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15

36 minutes ago, Regenmann said:

I work for a large financial services company - the vast majority of our customers are based in England - our office in Glasgow would have closed (for a variety of reasons, but regulatory divergence being the main one).

By that do you mean you work in a bank and these threatened to pull out of Scotland had independence been voted for? If so I cannot see how that can be equated to being the SNP's fault.

59 minutes ago, Regenmann said:

I work for a large financial services company - the vast majority of our customers are based in England - our office in Glasgow would have closed (for a variety of reasons, but regulatory divergence being the main one).

Im sure Brexit is going to be hunky dory for your company

In a round about way the SNP might end up being your job saviour

Edited by Ally Bongo

1 hour ago, Regenmann said:

So you were told 100% your office would close? or might close....

or are you speculating..

I presume it would be the latter, but you will need to give more information...

Im sure a couple of weeks ago a small poll showing a big Tory vote increase made headlines 

This wont

For what it's worth, the tiny Scottish subsample from Survation's telephone poll gives the SNP 53% and the Tories 22%. #ge2017UK_GE_Emoji.png

http://survation.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Final-GMB-GE2017-Poll-I-050517TOCH-1c0d0h5.pdf

8 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Does the National have a circulation in Hampden Loon's fishing constituency ?

C_aWQGnXYAAD3GI.jpg

Aye iv seen a few local snp supporters posting this on their pages, it just seems to be fingers in ears though. Although it would kill me, maybe the only way for the  fishermen to see that the tories are not interested in them is for B&B to go blue..The though about makes me sick 

Im sure a couple of weeks ago a small poll showing a big Tory vote increase made headlines 

This wont

For what it's worth, the tiny Scottish subsample from Survation's telephone poll gives the SNP 53% and the Tories 22%. #ge2017UK_GE_Emoji.png

http://survation.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Final-GMB-GE2017-Poll-I-050517TOCH-1c0d0h5.pdf

The difference in this election will be the casual snp supporters and if they turn out, i dont think there is such thing as a casual tory voter just an angry one 

10 hours ago, Regenmann said:

Do you work for Nationwide?

I was told the same by my bosses when I worked there in September 2014, I voted for Independence. I left Nationwide soon after the vote

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Do you work for Nationwide?

I was told the same by my bosses when I worked there in September 2014, I voted for Independence. I left Nationwide soon after the vote

Did they sack you for voting YES? Vindictive bassas.

Just now, Orraloon said:

Did they sack you for voting YES? Vindictive bassas.

:lol:

I should clarify, my only reason for leaving wasn't because they threatened my job. I got a better offer elsewhere.

There is a prominent employer in the north east who did threaten his staff if they voted no. Hampden Loon will know who this is. 

Does the National have a circulation in Hampden Loon's fishing constituency ?

C_aWQGnXYAAD3GI.jpg

No one reads the National. It's a joke publication. 

7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

No one reads the National. It's a joke publication. 

that might be the case but I have no doubt the UK government will shaft the fishermen again. Its not significant enough for the Tories to care

Teresa is in touch with the people, she wants to have an open vote on fox hunting becuase she wants to bring it back. Now is not the time Teresa

Sigh

Edited by vanderark14

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

that might be the case but I have no doubt the UK government will shaft the fishermen again. Its not significant enough for the Tories to care

I'm sure they will. Using the National to attempt to change someone's mind though? That's not going to work.

Just now, Parklife said:

I'm sure they will. Using the National to attempt to change someone's mind though? That's not going to work.

I'm not sure anyone on here will change their mind of the back of any publication. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Teresa is in touch with the people, she wants to have an open vote on fox hunting becuase she wants to bring it back. Now is not the time Teresa

Sigh

It's frightening.

This is so far off most folks radar.

Can I ask a simple unloaded question if it's okay ? Maybe this is a new thread, but after reading everything here, thought apt to ask these questions. 

What have SNP achieved in Govt?

In bullet points. facts ?

And since IndieRef. What was promised. By each an every party - facts?

And what transpired to be lies ?

In other words, if you needed a concise, accurate, and unbiased summary - without all the politics, and had to tell you 73 year old Dad why, as he is confused with local elections, Scottish elections, and General Elections - Can't vote for Tory, Can't vote for Labour as he knows they are fecked, but can't vote for SNP as he's worried about going Independant, but doesn't want to leave the Euro (But doesn't know why, other than he thinks that means he can't go to Spain if he wants a holiday)

He's not stupid by a long shot but as I suspect, a typical voter who reacts to TV and Media Bias, but because (and I know, but)

1. Asdas, B&Q and all the banks are leaving to go to England

2. They are threatening I will lose my pension

3. We cannae use the pound, so he thought his modest savings would be worthless

4. He can't go on holiday to Europe anymore

5. He doesn't trust Theresa Mayhem, but cannae vote for Independance, and disnae like Corbon or that Digdale lassie.

Hard task huh ?

6. Vote GREEN then Dad.

Whit?, are they no a Vegetarians ? 

:huh::spin::lol::lol:

1 hour ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Tories believe that they are in line for 15 seats on the back of first preference votes,guve the libs and   Labour 5 between them then thats 20 seats to the 39,, i still think 45 seats is a fantastic result 

Setting themselves up for a fall with that prediction.

1 hour ago, HUNTINGMcGREGOR said:

Can I ask a simple unloaded question if it's okay ? Maybe this is a new thread, but after reading everything here, thought apt to ask these questions. 

What have SNP achieved in Govt?

In bullet points. facts ?

And since IndieRef. What was promised. By each an every party - facts?

And what transpired to be lies ?

In other words, if you needed a concise, accurate, and unbiased summary - without all the politics, and had to tell you 73 year old Dad why, as he is confused with local elections, Scottish elections, and General Elections - Can't vote for Tory, Can't vote for Labour as he knows they are fecked, but can't vote for SNP as he's worried about going Independant, but doesn't want to leave the Euro (But doesn't know why, other than he thinks that means he can't go to Spain if he wants a holiday)

He's not stupid by a long shot but as I suspect, a typical voter who reacts to TV and Media Bias, but because (and I know, but)

1. Asdas, B&Q and all the banks are leaving to go to England

2. They are threatening I will lose my pension

3. We cannae use the pound, so he thought his modest savings would be worthless

4. He can't go on holiday to Europe anymore

5. He doesn't trust Theresa Mayhem, but cannae vote for Independance, and disnae like Corbon or that Digdale lassie.

Hard task huh ?

6. Vote GREEN then Dad.

Whit?, are they no a Vegetarians ? 

:huh::spin::lol::lol:

Just tell him that it doesn't matter who he votes for. We always get whatever government folk in England vote for anyway.