Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15 - Page 26 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15

Guest flumax
5 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

The SNP party political broadcast for the GE is good

Not seen it... Interestingly not on iplayer either 

Screenshot_20170508-221512.png

Screenshot_20170508-221518.png

Here is an interesting paradox that needs to be highlighted.

Voting Tory means you endorse the hardest of Brexits.
Longer term such hard brexit makes Scottish independence much more likely.....

Therefore : voting Tory specifically to save the union is one of the dumbest things you can do :-)

9 hours ago, McDange said:

The SNP need to adopt some tactics of the other parties in the next elections as they clearly work. Something like a you're not voting Tory to stop IndyRef2 - you're voting for: bedroom tax, rape clause, war on the poor and disabled, tax breaks for millionaires and countless other bottom of the food chain policies. Maybe that might encourage some folk to realise what they are actually voting for. We should also introduce some kind of pre-qual at the polling station to make people prove they know what they are about to cast a vote for. 

A pre-qual at the polling station ! YES, what a great idea. We could have a couple of burly SNP 'information officers' at the doors of the polling station 'advising' people who might be confused about who to vote for. That kind of thing has worked very well in Zimbabwe, I believe. Anyone who insists on voting for parties other than the SNP, and especially the Tories, could have their names and address taken, placed on a register, and 'dealt with' later. Progressive politics in action! Jesus.......

9 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

The snp campaign will be different this time round, it will show the tories for what they really are,, the snp have been too polite of late, IMO it needs to tap into the patriotic scot as well even play on the scotland england game thats happens two days before the vote 

Are you being serious ?

That kind of pish is exactly want the Tories, Labour and Lib Dems want us to do.

I find it utterly amazing the brand for Tory is strong and stable 

After a clusterfck Eu ref that never needed to be called in the first place and where the vast majority of the cabinet  including the current and prev PM were so sure of victory zero contigencies were in place. 

Then after a shock result just sitting on Brexit for months on end then eventually trigger A50 despite a few headaches along the way ike Gina Miller, Indyref2 etc.

Only when the clock starts ticking on a 2 year negotiation is a General Election called. Like by the time that is over a good 3mths of that incredibly tight timeframe is already wasted.  The 2yr is meant to allow time for all EU states to put through their local parliament - at a guess 4 or 5months? Unless extension we are fast approaching just over a year negotiating something that existed in law since 1973. 

Coalition of chaos? Take a look in the mirror

Katy Clark is in a mighty big hurry to get back into Westminster.

In recent weeks she's tried and failed to get the vacant Labour nominations going in Liverpool Walton, Leigh and now Rotherham constituencies. And she tried to get the nomination for the Welsh seat of Ogmore during last years by-election. Each time she's been told to bugger off.

11 hours ago, thplinth said:

Ohhhh... But talk is cheap. :lol:

Have you tried to send HMRC more tax at the level you think would be personally right? Maybe they would not cash the cheque but have you at least sent it?

I should send an unsolicited cheque to HMRC? :lol: 

There's other ways to contribute, without HMRC being involved. They'll just spend it on killing brown people in the middle east anyway. 

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Katy Clark is in a mighty big hurry to get back into Westminster.

In recent weeks she's tried and failed to get the vacant Labour nominations going in Liverpool Walton, Leigh and now Rotherham constituencies. And she tried to get the nomination for the Welsh seat of Ogmore during last years by-election. Each time she's been told to bugger off.

Katy Clark would be an excellent addition to parliament. The sole reasons that she gets stick on here is that she's in the Labour party and opposes Independence. 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Katy Clark would be an excellent addition to parliament. The sole reasons that she gets stick on here is that she's in the Labour party and opposes Independence. 

Good morning.

That's two.

2 minutes ago, Flure said:

Good morning.

That's two.

Aye. Was going to put that she favoured independence as the "sole reason", then remembered that so many folk on here support political parties like fitbaw teams. Caught between saying two different things and didn't proof read. 

Glad you're here to add to the debate. 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Aye. Was going to put that she favoured independence as the "sole reason", then remembered that so many folk on here support political parties like fitbaw teams. Caught between saying two different things and didn't proof read. 

Glad you're here to add to the debate. 

Oh, I wasn't adding to the debate.

I was just helping you out.

Guest flumax
10 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Standard ppb fare. Not sure what can be done in 3min. Do they work, does anyone actually change their mind after seeing them? 

Btw still not on the iplayer app. Very odd not listed. 

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/alex-salmonds-pledge-rail-development-north-east-re-elected/

the reaction from the other three parties is as predictable as it is laughable.

Instead of slagging off the SNP, perhaps they could tell the people of Banff/Buchan & Gordon exactly what they will give.

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/alex-salmonds-pledge-rail-development-north-east-re-elected/

the reaction from the other three parties is as predictable as it is laughable.

Instead of slagging off the SNP, perhaps they could tell the people of Banff/Buchan & Gordon exactly what they will give.

To be fair, it is a devolved matter. Not quite sure why it'd be part of a Westminster election campaign. 

Guest flumax

Still not sure seeing massive losses, but getting slight edgy wrt to loosing a few big hitters, Salmond, Robertson, Wishart. Wondering which would step in as Westminster leader if the went. 

On 05 May 2017 at 7:55 AM, Parklife said:

I guess it'll appeal to the the unthinking folk who find it easier for their small brains to judge people based on a 2 minute interview, rather than their lives work.

Just catching up with this thread after a few days away.

I absolutely agree 100% with the sentiment of your post above.

And.......having assessed DA's life's work.....conclude that she is an utter moron who has risen to a mind bogglingly high level for someone of her staggering levels of incompetency.

The interview the other day was nothing more or less than a vivid example of this.

5 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Could have done without "Legohair" at the end.

You do realise that it's only complete ringpieces that come out with that remark ?

24 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

You do realise that it's only complete ringpieces that come out with that remark ?

I think I introduced him to it last week.

:lol:

Nicola Sturgeon appearing at the end is a bit unnecessary, she's not universally popular, so maybe didn't need that.

14 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I think I introduced him to it last week.

Nicola Sturgeon appearing at the end is a bit unnecessary, she's not universally popular, so maybe didn't need that.

I thought it was excellent and a bit of a zinger from the wee yin

I wonder how many Scots go about using derogatory names for Theresa May ?

Just another self loathing Scot attribute i guess

To think what she and the SNP have done for all our lives the last 10 years and all she gets is twats rubbishing her at every opportunity.

Sometimes i wish she and the SNP just chucked it and left Scotland to the Tories or another Unionist party.

Let them run Scotland making sure they keep it just shitty enough so that we all believe the Union is needed - like they have done in the last 50 years

We really are a bunch of ungrateful thick cvnts

Connolly was right - We do deserve everything we get

46 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I thought it was excellent and a bit of a zinger from the wee yin

I wonder how many Scots go about using derogatory names for Theresa May ?

Just another self loathing Scot attribute i guess

To think what she and the SNP have done for all our lives the last 10 years and all she gets is twats rubbishing her at every opportunity.

Sometimes i wish she and the SNP just chucked it and left Scotland to the Tories or another Unionist party.

Let them run Scotland making sure they keep it just shitty enough so that we all believe the Union is needed - like they have done in the last 50 years

We really are a bunch of ungrateful thick cvnts

Connolly was right - We do deserve everything we get

:rollsmile:

The SNP has done absolutely zero for me.

17 minutes ago, Regenmann said:

:rollsmile:

The SNP has done absolutely zero for me.

My father would be spinning in his grave, but a lot of things the tories have done have benefited me. My wife is forever pointing this out when I say they are bastards.