Likely Pre-Slovenia Friendly - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Likely Pre-Slovenia Friendly

ErsatzThistle

Just now, kumnio said:

No feelings hurt. Seems to be quite a few on here saying your stadium is shite though.

And you bring up the team that you are all obsessed about into it, its kinda cute.

Even I know Perth is shite! I'm not disagreeing. :lol: If it's full though it's still a million times better than that cowp along Dens Rd. 

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/15/2017 at 9:51 AM, Kirk said:

No it really isnt. They get a substantial loan a lot of the time, there fault if they waste it on bevy. My gf managed to do four years of uni and work all the way through it and saved most of her loan. She didnt pay digs fair enough but thats not that much in reality

Not everyone can 1) do a course that allows them to work all the way through Uni 2) Stay rent free during their course and 3) It's called a loan for a reason, it needs to be paid back. 

Digs isn't much in reality? My rent in Glasgow is £9k a year for two bedroom! Granted i could get  a worse flat for less but even still a student would be paying around £3k+ in digs a year before a bills even paid.

59 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Ever sat in the Derry? 

I don't even know if they would allow that to be used for an International. 

Haha no, I can't say I have. It looks good fun though. Still got that old school feel to it.

Would that really be any worse than some of the stands we've been in over the years, Vaduz for example?

3 minutes ago, Hobta83 said:

If the Canada game is announced it will be played at Hampden, Easter Road or Pittordrie or possibly Tynecastle.

There is absolutely no way it will be played at any other ground.

Have we ever played here?

3 minutes ago, Hobta83 said:

4 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

Have we ever played here?

Not many in recent times but was used when Hampden was out of action in the late 90's (3-2 against Estonia) and a friendly v New Zealand under Vogts.

Given construction work on the new main stand has started, I doubt it will be a option at the moment, and most likely between ER and Pittodrie.

Just now, wanderer said:

Not many in recent times but was used when Hampden was out of action in the late 90's (3-2 against Estonia) and a friendly v New Zealand under Vogts.

Given construction work on the new main stand has started, I doubt it will be a option at the moment, and most likely between ER and Pittodrie.

Cheers, knew it hadn't been used post 2002 Canada game at ER, it's been back n forth between there and Pittodrie since.

43 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

Cheers, knew it hadn't been used post 2002 Canada game at ER, it's been back n forth between there and Pittodrie since.

Edited by Reevesy

From someone who now lives in Canada, the team is pish! Though i can see Marcus Haber (Dundee) bossing Grant Hanley up and down and a Scott Arfield assist, who has looked very good and showed great passion when he played for them. Sad to say.  

I hear Strachan now..... " Strong team... Very good 4-2 result against Bermuda... Away i might add... Not a must win game"