Sign in to follow this  
Flure

The Brexit Thread

19 minutes ago, Alibi said:

That is the one specific issue where I think it would be prudent to offer a referendum to decide Scotland's future relationship with Europe. In, out, EFTA.  To be decided by the voters of Scotland.  I think it would result in a vote to be in the EU, but giving people the choice, with all options offered, is the way to prevent it being used as a main issue in indyref2.

Absolutely, hopefully the wider YES movement can be more neutral. 

Its about democracy for me... 

The people of Scotland voted to stay in the EU, we are being removed against our will.

If we had our own vote, the result might be different. who knows..  we are always overruled by the bigger neighbour. 

Its the same about the general principle of Indy, We get overruled..

Scotland should get who we vote for, to control the policies we vote for. 

Everything else is just pure havers.......

• Like 1

Interesting polling from Panelbase commissioned by Wings Over Scotland with a slightly different Indy/EU question.

Independent Scotland as part of the EU - 49%

Remaining part of the U.K. out of the EU -51%

Maybe being in the EU isn't the big turn off for Yes voters that people go on about - of course it pays to consider exactly who it is that goes on about remaining in the EU being a big problem for the Yes movement.

https://wingsoverscotland.com/anybodys-game/

Some interesting numbers in the detailed breakdown: comparing those close to 50:50 with others of glaring difference.   I mean interesting whether predictable or not.

We knew this already, but age = glaring, for instance.   As I'm now ageing (according to the breakdown) I have to say I've been in a minority all my life and it's been a downer, but I do have faith in young folk.

2 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Some interesting numbers in the detailed breakdown: comparing those close to 50:50 with others of glaring difference.   I mean interesting whether predictable or not.

Indeed, 44% of Berrz support independence. Take that Rangers Media!...

indyrefeu1.jpg

Are people actually getting themselves all excited/worked up about what colour a passports going to be

If it gets me on my holidays I'm no fussed. At least in future I'll no need to look at the magnets on the fridge to see where I've been holiday, I'll be able to look at my passport stamps

Edited by DoonTheSlope