This Weekends Games - Page 69 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought Celtic merited their win but we certainly contributed to a decent game. We could have been 2-0 within 20 minutes but not even sure we could have held on to that based on our defensive frailities. McKay and Foderingam were outstanding and I would give Hill and Miller pass marks. Beyond that we were second best in every area. Still a lot to play for this season but a massive rethink is required in terms of  what type of players we need to move us forward. I personally want Warburton to stay. Having endured McCoist and KD in recent years I really enjoy watching our style of play. However to make this work we need defenders that can actually pass the ball to our own players if we are going to play out of defence.

Guest BlueGaz
2 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Thought Celtic merited their win but we certainly contributed to a decent game. We could have been 2-0 within 20 minutes but not even sure we could have held on to that based on our defensive frailities. McKay and Foderingam were outstanding and I would give Hill and Miller pass marks. Beyond that we were second best in every area. Still a lot to play for this season but a massive rethink is required in terms of  what type of players we need to move us forward. I personally want Warburton to stay. Having endured McCoist and KD in recent years I really enjoy watching our style of play. However to make this work we need defenders that can actually pass the ball to our own players if we are going to play out of defence.

Thought both defences were poor.  Difference is they have something up front and can take their chances, we can't and have struggled with it all season.  Good to see McKay take the piss, just wish he did it more often.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Just to be certain, I was kidding about it being harsh.

:lol:

Ref has a front row seat too!

Annoyingly, Motherwell were well on top when he did that.

What is it with Motherwell players and these dangerous, stupid as fuqk , tackles ?

Edited by Rossy

On 30/12/2016 at 7:55 PM, slasher said:

only disappointing thing about yesterday was it should have been by 5 or 6. Once again miles ahead on the pitch and the stands. They only songs they  know  are hello hello, super rangers and the joey garner song, we are way out in front in every department. 

5 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Any chance of elaborating? you scored 1 goal in the 1st half and didn't create one more chance in that half. you contributed 30 mins and then were destroyed by a midfield of brown, mcgregor and Armstrong, three had dies. Rangers are the 6th or 7th worst team we've played this season. Not even the hardest team from Glasgow, thistle should have beat us 2 weeks ago.

We watched a bit of the OF game at half time in the 'Well game, from about 75-90 minutes and it was pretty end to end, which was surprising. Celtic looked like they wanted a 3rd, but Rangers were hitting them on the counter and had 2 really good chances in that spell.

Only a small section of the game, but based on that I'm surprised at how dominant Celtic apparently were.

With regards to Mckay I must be the only one thinking he's very overrated.

In the final third of the park he produces very little and his final ball is poor on many occasions.

Granted he doesn't have a quality man up front who will go beyond but still I still think he's a player who won't actually go very far.

That said he's twice the player of Halliday and I congratulate Waghorn for managing to masquerade as a footballer and also get paid fairly well for it too. 

4 minutes ago, macy37 said:

With regards to Mckay I must be the only one thinking he's very overrated.

In the final third of the park he produces very little and his final ball is poor on many occasions.

Granted he doesn't have a quality man up front who will go beyond but still I still think he's a player who won't actually go very far.

That said he's twice the player of Halliday and I congratulate Waghorn for managing to masquerade as a footballer and also get paid fairly well for it too. 

Celtic should bid 500k for McKay in January, double his wages and bring him home. 

5 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Just to be certain, I was kidding about it being harsh.

:lol:

Ref has a front row seat too!

Annoyingly, Motherwell were well on top when he did that.

?? you shouldnt have had to explain that

1 hour ago, Mox said:

Celtic should bid 500k for McKay in January, double his wages and bring him home. 

His brother would need to change his team again though. But they were celtic fans as kids

Some bounce at Accies yesterday for an equaliser. That's what football is all about. 

To be fair to Lee Lucas there wasn't any malice in it, the ball was getting away from him and he dived in. No complaints with the red though - dangerous and reckless. 

The Accies LB was brutal. A young Tony Straker.

Edited by Donaldo87