This Weekends Games - Page 65 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really not looking forward to today's game at all.  Hopefully there's no stupid banners or shite like the last game from either side. 

Think there will be a couple of goals in it today, not in our favour. 

Hope folk remember, it's a game of football after all. Not life and death. 

Have a good new year all when it comes. 

14 minutes ago, Debian said:

Really not looking forward to today's game at all.  Hopefully there's no stupid banners or shite like the last game from either side. 

I agree.  Can't see  by anything other than a comfortable win for Celtic by at least 2 goals. :(

Hearts were awful last night, out fought all over the park from the start and lacking in organisation and leadership (on and off the pitch from what I could see). Marginal improvement in he second half, but still outplayed. Aberdeen could easily have won by three or four.

Cathro has a tough few weeks ahead of him, needs to offload a few of the passengers in the squad and bring in better. Watt already away I believe, which is a start. Four point from his first five games isnt good enough, and his next two are against the OF. Needs to show that he is in control, has a plan, and is moving things in the right direction. Early days of course, but it didn't look that way last night.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

I agree.  Can't see  by anything other than a comfortable win for Celtic by at least 2 goals. :(

Sadly I agree completely. We're just not playing consistently and are far too open still. 

Mind you, Hearts are steadily dying on their arse so it's down to us and Aberdeen for 2nd. Neither team has shown any real quality so far this season so should be an exciting if not particularly brilliant run in to the seasons end. 

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

If Accies do not beat Motherwell then im hoping Canning finally gets the chop

I'll take that!

:lol:

A draw would be a good result for us, Motherwell usually save their worst for New Douglas Park.

Expect a decent travelling support today, taking the wee fella for his 1st away game (basically as the wife won't let me go otherwise :lol: ).

10 minutes ago, aaid said:

Tony Watt, the future of Scottish Football, surely not. 

Shocking isn't it. ? 

One good performance / goal and he was bummed up to be a future star. Has since done absolutely zero to back that up. 

Very similar to young Fleck at Rangers in that regard. Journeyman footballer at best. 

2 hours ago, Debian said:

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

29 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Sadly I agree completely. We're just not playing consistently and are far too open still. 

Mind you, Hearts are steadily dying on their arse so it's down to us and Aberdeen for 2nd. Neither team has shown any real quality so far this season so should be an exciting if not particularly brilliant run in to the seasons end. 

Always wonder if this is a bit if of a defence mechanism from the Rangers fans.

Of course on paper, they should get pumped, but it will probably end up a loser game.

44 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I'll take that!

:lol:

A draw would be a good result for us, Motherwell usually save their worst for New Douglas Park.

Expect a decent travelling support today, taking the wee fella for his 1st away game (basically as the wife won't let me go otherwise :lol: ).

Hope he enjoys his day,my loon loved going away for the first time,even after we blamed him for dundees last minute winner :rollsmile:

47 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Always wonder if this is a bit if of a defence mechanism from the Rangers fans.

Of course on paper, they should get pumped, but it will probably end up a loser game.

I know it looks like that but it's just my honest opinion. I can't see us winning today but I'll be delighted to be wrong. ? 

14 minutes ago, brant grebner said:

That Ibrox disaster thread is probably the wankiest thing ever posted on this incarnation of the TAMB.

What a fukking arsehole.

Mon the Hoops get it right up the zombie vermin.

Congratulations on being the other half to Fermers wind up. 

Pair of balloons.