Celtic V Rangers - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic V Rangers

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Preview on Sportsound there, Keith Jackson saying all Scottish football fans no matter their club will be sitting down to watch this game at noon on Saturday :um-no:

Also Paul Elliott must've set a world record for the most adverbs used in a 5 minute interview...

Keith Jackson the award winning journalist? He is a f@cking joke. One of those hacks that print what they want people to believe and think if they do it often enough then that makes it true. He appeals to the lowest most stupid demographic with his simple and mostly made up stories. 

I don't have sky in the house so I won't be seeing any of it keith jackass.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BlueGaz
15 hours ago, Mitre said:

http://www.livesoccertv.com/match/1992184/celtic-vs-rangers/

As well as /Dodgy Streams/Celtic TV/Rangers TV the game is being shown live here:

Armenia Setanta Sports Eurasia +
Australia beIN Sports Connect Australia, beIN Sports 1 Australia
Austria DAZN, Sport1 + Germany
Azerbaijan Setanta Sports Eurasia +
Belarus Setanta Sports Eurasia +
Bosnia and Herzegovina SportKlub 2 Serbia
Canada Sportsnet World Now, Sportsnet World
Croatia Sportklub 2 Croatia
Denmark C More Play
Georgia Setanta Sports Eurasia +
Germany Sport1 + Germany, DAZN
Hungary Digi Sport 1
International Celtic TV, Bet365
Ireland NOW TV UK, Sky Go UK, BBC Radio 5 Live Extra, SKY GO Extra, Sky Sports 2/HD UK
Japan DAZN
Kazakhstan Setanta Sports Eurasia +
Kyrgyzstan Setanta Sports Eurasia +
Macedonia SportKlub 2 Serbia
Moldova Setanta Sports Eurasia +
Montenegro SportKlub 2 Serbia
Netherlands Ziggo Sport Voetbal, Ziggo Sport
Norway TV2 Sport , TV2 Sumo, C More Play
Poland Eleven Sports Poland
Romania Digi Sport 4 Romania
Russia Setanta Sports Eurasia +
Serbia SportKlub 2 Serbia
Singapore Eleven Singapore
Slovenia Sportklub 2 Slovenia
Sweden C More Play, TV4 Sport, TV4 Play Premium
Switzerland DAZN
Tajikistan Setanta Sports Eurasia +
Turkmenistan Setanta Sports Eurasia +
United Kingdom Sky Sports 2/HD UK, BBC Radio 5 Live Extra, Sky Go UK, NOW TV UK, SKY GO Extra
United States Fox Sports GO, Fox Sports 1 USA, Fox Soccer 2GO USA
Uzbekistan Setanta Sports Eurasia +

So lets say 15k watch it in each of these locations - Vanderark gets his 500k. 

Lets say 500k average on each location - I get my 20m.  Illegal streams not included.  No brainer really !!!

As it is in at the same time as the Manchester derby I'd have said viewing figures outside Scotland will be relatively small for the OF game. A lot of people I know in England will watch it for the atmosphere (often the build up more than the game itself) if there is nothing else on, as soon as an EPL game goes up against it that is what they'll watch. Can't see that being all that different around the world other than in countless Irish bars with ex pats arguing the toss with bar men to show the OF game on at least one telly in the corner.

That said I'll be in the pub having a beer prior to the Hearts game and I personally would watch the OF game before an EPL one. The pub will show both I think and most folk will keep an eye on both, in truth most folk will be busier talking to their mates than watching either match.

I see Barry Hearn has waded in on the hype, he's quoted as saying too much focus is given to the old firm fixture in Scotland

At least someone has said it but it will be ignored.

Edited by vanderark14

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/14729046.Barry_Hearn__The_Old_Firm_return_is_box_office___but_Scottish_football_shouldn__39_t_rely_on_the_big_two/

well said 

this will fall on deaf ears in Scotland. 

Everyone here will admit the OF is the most watched fixture in scotland, thats not even up for debate BUT there is no need for the media or authorities  (Ragen & Fudcaster) to make out that its the only game that matters.

Edited by vanderark14

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Parkhead will be sold out, millions will watch on television and the stage is set for an all-action, enthralling and controversial encounter.

:lol: cheers

1 hour ago, Pool Q said:

As it is in at the same time as the Manchester derby I'd have said viewing figures outside Scotland will be relatively small for the OF game. A lot of people I know in England will watch it for the atmosphere (often the build up more than the game itself) if there is nothing else on, as soon as an EPL game goes up against it that is what they'll watch. Can't see that being all that different around the world other than in countless Irish bars with ex pats arguing the toss with bar men to show the OF game on at least one telly in the corner.

That said I'll be in the pub having a beer prior to the Hearts game and I personally would watch the OF game before an EPL one. The pub will show both I think and most folk will keep an eye on both, in truth most folk will be busier talking to their mates than watching either match.

Interesting that you mention Irish bars. As far as I'm aware Celtic aren't even the second best supported club in Ireland (Man Utd and Liverpool being ahead of them). 

I remember years back I was in Enniskillen on Scottish Cup Final day, Celtic v Dunfermline and it clashed with Man Utd - Millwall.  Boozer I watched it in was rammed with Man U fans, game was on 4 different TV's and a big screen. Celtic game was on one tv at the back with about 8 lads watching it.

I was quite surprised at this, but on speaking to  the Celtic fans, they said it was quite normal and that very few (comparative to EPL teams) give a shite about Celtic or Rangers. 

Just now, Angus_Young said:

Interesting that you mention Irish bars. As far as I'm aware Celtic aren't even the second best supported club in Ireland (Man Utd and Liverpool being ahead of them). 

I remember years back I was in Enniskillen on Scottish Cup Final day, Celtic v Dunfermline and it clashed with Man Utd - Millwall.  Boozer I watched it in was rammed with Man U fans, game was on 4 different TV's and a big screen. Celtic game was on one tv at the back with about 8 lads watching it.

I was quite surprised at this, but on speaking to  the Celtic fans, they said it was quite normal and that very few (comparative to EPL teams) give a shite about Celtic or Rangers. 

Ireland is a fecking oddball country when it comes to football. They love football but all support foreign teams that come from places half of them have never been to. 

Weirdos. 

6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Ireland is a fecking oddball country when it comes to football. They love football but all support foreign teams that come from places half of them have never been to. 

Weirdos. 

that sounds like scotland too:lol:

Most of the huns and tims in the north east couldn't point to Ibrox or Celtic Park on a map, same goes for the EPL fans

6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Weirdos. 

Haha aye I totally agree. I was over there a few times. It's predominantly Republican in that area. The lads my mate kicked about with were a great laugh and good company but they did have a REAL chip on their shoulder when it came to England......apart from when it came to choosing their fitba' teams.  

7 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

that sounds like scotland too:lol:

Most of the huns and tims in the north east couldn't point to Ibrox or Celtic Park on a map, same goes for the EPL fans

Sadly it is becoming more like that. 

1 hour ago, Angus_Young said:

I think Donegal is the main Celtic supporting part of Ireland...

15 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

For the sake of research,I'll try and take one for the team on Saturday and head to Molly Malones in Limassol with a clipboard and bar chart. 

I think this is the only way I can contribute in viewing figures for this particular area. 

don't forget copious amounts of cold beer?