Most Irritating Adverts - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Most Irritating Adverts

14 hours ago, thistle do nicely said:

the meercats that say simples

Useless bit of trivia but I discovered the other day, while reading Steve Coogan's autobiography, that the bloke who played Michael the Geordie in Alan Partridge is the guy who does all the meerkat voices. And apparently he rarely acts any more because of it.

49 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Useless bit of trivia but I discovered the other day, while reading Steve Coogan's autobiography, that the bloke who played Michael the Geordie in Alan Partridge is the guy who does all the meerkat voices. And apparently he rarely acts any more because of it.

Superb piece of trivia :ok: 

On 13 May 2016 at 8:25 AM, Scunnered said:

I want to murderfy everyone involved in this monstrosity, and it's spin offs.

I love those adverts !  But mainly because so many people hate them. 

The most irritating advert for me at the moment is the Digby Brown radio advert . 

' when you find your life falling apart, turn to Digby Brown' cause if it matters to you it matters to Digby Brown' 

GTF !!!!! Does it hell. If my life was calling apart those fookers would be the last people i would go to . And the ridiculously scottish woman that does the voiceover at the end. All i can visualise is a big heifer of woman in a tweed skirt throwing a shot putt. 

37 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I love those adverts !  But mainly because so many people hate them. 

The most irritating advert for me at the moment is the Digby Brown radio advert . 

' when you find your life falling apart, turn to Digby Brown' cause if it matters to you it matters to Digby Brown' 

GTF !!!!! Does it hell. If my life was calling apart those fookers would be the last people i would go to . And the ridiculously scottish woman that does the voiceover at the end. All i can visualise is a big heifer of woman in a tweed skirt throwing a shot putt. 

Does tweed not get a bit warm for you in the summer?

9 minutes ago, andymac said:

Does tweed not get a bit warm for you in the summer?

Hahahaha , i am flattered i have made such a positive impact !

can you believe it the bloody advert is on the radio just now . 

4 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Can't believe I forgot the toe curlingly twee and sanctimonious Nationwide advert where the guy leaves his dad's scarf on the bus.  I find that one irrationally infuriating.

I'm not sure that your fury is irrational, the ad seems to have next to nothing to do with their business.  Every time I lose something should l I be ringing up the building society to see if they've got it or know where it is?

8 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Good fact!

15 hours ago, McDange said:

Haribo adverts with adults dubbed by simple weans... :hammer:

Good shout!  Those adverts are as creepy as f*ck.

9 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

First Ed Balls and now this - you are fast becoming the TAMB's trivia king, Dave. :)

8 hours ago, flumax said:

Anything on commercial radio,especially "we'll be claiming, we'll be claiming, we'll be claiming  PPI"

Was at a scotland under 21 game a few months ago in Paisley and all the young kids in the ground were singing the PPI words ! 

2 hours ago, scotlad said:

Good shout!  Those adverts are as creepy as f*ck.

First Ed Balls and now this - you are fast becoming the TAMB's trivia king, Dave. :)

Oh stop it. ;)

I've been on honeymoon in Thailand for the last fortnight so I've got through a few books, including a QI book which informed me that Bangkok is apparently not the capital of Thailand and getting into swimming pools after eating is not dangerous at all! I'm still reeling about those.

I'm moving onto my old favourite, P.G. Wodehouse, next to give my brain a break.

The new Ladbrokes one with McCoist and Chris Kamara is annoying as hell. Someone needs to tell Kamara is over excited schtick became boring years ago. Can't believe he still uses the "unbelievable Jeff" line every week in his reports on Soccer Saturday.