Most Irritating Adverts - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Most Irritating Adverts

9 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

On the first point no I'm not gay but I am one of many millions of heterosexuals who support gay rights and think society still has a long way to go.

On the second point, considering the content of many of your old posts, then yes, I think you probably would care. You seem very hostile to a lot of different groups and minorities.

Jings, what a tangent. Read the other posts before you engage your mouth (fingers) in this case.

The adverts that really rip my knitting are the ones that currently advertise laxatives or diorrehea prevention tablets. All you see in these adverts is some wifie sashaying her way out the door to work with a carefree expression on one's face. These are a bit of a fraud in terms of properly advertising their product range, as you don't exactly see some hairy-arsed bloke on the throne with a copy of the Daily Sport to see if said products are actually effective.

On 23/05/2016 at 9:49 AM, Orraloon said:

Payback for ripping poor foxes to bits

C'mon the Foxes.

Beagles are very rarely used to hunt foxes - rabbits and small game yes - but hardly ever foxes

If it is used for foxhunts it will be used to drive the fox to huntsmen with guns or other dogs

Its no quick enough to drive a fox underground

The larger and similar looking foxhound is the dog of choice

For any doubt - i am on the side of the fox

On 23 May 2016 at 9:22 AM, MacWalka said:

Sort of true. Bangkok is the capital, it's just not actually called Bangkok. The real name of the city is somewhat overly long so everyone just calls it Bangkok.

Bangkok isn't the capital; it's on another site entirely (albeit just over the river).

https://www.into-asia.com/bangkok/introduction/fullname.php

On ‎22‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 11:13 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

Fag lab ?

Really ? In the 21st Century, you think that's appropriate ?

Do you have a problem with gay people ?

it is still quite common to refer to ciggies as fags. I think it is on the cusp though - probably the same stage as when Mrs Slocombe was referring to her pussy.........

9 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Bangkok isn't the capital; it's on another site entirely (albeit just over the river).

https://www.into-asia.com/bangkok/introduction/fullname.php

Ah OK. I knew about the Krung Thep and the really long version of it but had thought that it was just Bangkok renamed, I hadn't appreciated that it was a different site completely. Although these days both sites have converged in one city.

On Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 1:55 PM, King Of Paisley said:

The adverts that really rip my knitting are the ones that currently advertise laxatives or diorrehea prevention tablets. All you see in these adverts is some wifie sashaying her way out the door to work with a carefree expression on one's face. These are a bit of a fraud in terms of properly advertising their product range, as you don't exactly see some hairy-arsed bloke on the throne with a copy of the Daily Sport to see if said products are actually effective.

I was watching Countdown about a month back with few days off from work when saw an advert for Senokot.  Hadn't has a shit in three days and struggling to bend so thought that was the stuff for me.  Next day, I thought I had an 8 letter bute but couldn't hang about for Sussie Dent to verify it as couldn't stop shitting.  Luckily I got back just in time to catch an imodium based advert and bought a dose. Consequently I didn't have a shit for three days. I'm now locked in a cycle addicted to both.  Even the Tesco driver is smirking at me when he delivers my weekly three kilo bananas, prune juice and ten rolls of Bounty.  I can't help having a schizophrenic arse!

4 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

I was watching Countdown about a month back with few days off from work when saw an advert for Senokot.  Hadn't has a shit in three days and struggling to bend so thought that was the stuff for me.  Next day, I thought I had an 8 letter bute but couldn't hang about for Sussie Dent to verify it as couldn't stop shitting.  Luckily I got back just in time to catch an imodium based advert and bought a dose. Consequently I didn't have a shit for three days. I'm now locked in a cycle addicted to both.  Even the Tesco driver is smirking at me when he delivers my weekly three kilo bananas, prune juice and ten rolls of Bounty.  I can't help having a schizophrenic arse!

Hopefully you'll see a good nappy advert soon.

On 25/05/2016 at 7:49 PM, Orraloon said:

Lazy fukers. If they didnae smoke 60 a day they might be able to keep up.

?

On 25/05/2016 at 11:27 PM, andymac said:

Have you just been on honeymoon there or something?

He hasnt mentioned it......

Just saw a paddy power ad in ireland with scottish "celebs" ripping off vindaloo.  The jist is they dont care about the euros and are going to bet england to lose.

Deep fried mars bars crankies the lot.  Kilty showing his bum with come on ireland pants.

F*CK OFF YOU C*NTS!!!! AAARRRRGGHHH

On 24/05/2016 at 0:09 AM, ErsatzThistle said:

On the first point no I'm not gay but I am one of many millions of heterosexuals who support gay rights and think society still has a long way to go.

On the second point, considering the content of many of your old posts, then yes, I think you probably would care. You seem very hostile to a lot of different groups and minorities.

Again , why would I care ? 

On 25/05/2016 at 8:53 AM, Flora MaDonald said:

The British Army had the highest proportion of gays in any military.

Really / I assume you can verify that ? In 30 years I encountered less than half a dozen ............. 

10 hours ago, Och Aye said:
13 hours ago, MacTaz said:

Think Flora could be on to something Mac Taz 

Hahaha  Aye , we did a version of that on a Drill course once .....didnae go down too well .   Hey  ho :)

• 3 years later...
6 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Not so much irritating, but creepy. That Funding Circle advert with the baby in a cot mouthing to an Alice Cooper song. Wtf , it is absolutely horrible . 

The Amazon one really annoys me, in particular the "We have targets" and "Donna's cakes" women. 

25 minutes ago, aaid said:

"Donna's cakes" women. 

A Dick Van Dyke for sure (not that there is anything wrong with that) but yes such an irritating voice.

Derek and the over 50 plan with the ads on TV with Parky

The Direct line call centre staff

1 minute ago, Ally Bongo said:

A Dick Van Dyke for sure (not that there is anything wrong with that) but yes such an irritating voice.

Derek and the over 50 plan with the ads on TV with Parky

The Direct line call centre staff

June the nosy neighbour from the Funeral plan is another one for the watching. 

22 minutes ago, aaid said:

June the nosy neighbour from the Funeral plan is another one for the watching. 

"Are you off hiking" ? after seeing Derek looking out his conservatory with his free gift Binoculars ?

Edited by Ally Bongo