Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 42 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

32 minutes ago, AberdeenAngus said:

Rory McAllister turns down the chance of full time football with Dundee Utd.

Too much of a gamble at 29? Got a good job as a plumber I think.

Seems it was only a 1 year deal on offer and well paid by Peterhead. 

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

He'd go for half of that if a team put in a concrete offer. I'm not saying he's not worth £2m but the shite reality is that outwith Celtic all other Scottish clubs roll over and sell theirselves short when it comes to their stars. :(

No chance.

No debt so no pressure to sell for well below value. 

Every player has their price and something in the £2m region would be Hayes imo. Even then the player would have to want to go to the club concerned.

I think there is possibly a feeling down south that every player in Scotland is available for peanuts. If they are under contract with no release and the club don't have to sell then they'll need to pay the going rates. 

Edited by AberdeenAngus

Just now, AberdeenAngus said:

No chance.

Every player has their price and something in the £2m region would be Hayes imo. Even then the player would want to go to the club concerned.

I think there is possibly a feeling down south that every player in Scotland is available for peanuts. If they are under contract with no release and the club don't have to sell then they'll need to pay the going rates. 

Doesn't matter the debt situation. The fact is our clubs jump at the first cheap offer. It would be great to see Aberdeen play some hard ball though. 

42 minutes ago, AberdeenAngus said:

What recent evidence of clubs and Aberdeen in particular jumping at the 1st offer is there?

Have Aberdeen sold anybody on recently? (Serious question, as I can't think of any off the top of my head?) Remember a boy going to Bournemouth, but that must've been 3 seasons ago.

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

Have Aberdeen sold anybody on recently? (Serious question, as I can't think of any off the top of my head?) Remember a boy going to Bournemouth, but that must've been 3 seasons ago.

We only ever lose youth players for compensation, but it's been a while since that's happened.

Youre thinking of Ryan Fraser.

Edited by deecie

9 minutes ago, AberdeenAngus said:

IIRC last in contract player Aberdeen sold was Lee Miller to Middlesborough. 

Out of contract in the June sold on the last day of the January window for £600k. 

As above all other deals in last 10 years or so have been U23 players going on the compensation rule.

We sold Fraser to Bournemouth for less than £500k. 

17 minutes ago, Parklife said:

We sold Fraser to Bournemouth for less than £500k. 

Which was more than the compensation fee which would have been paid after he said he was moving. 

Technically a sale but he'd have left 5 months later and the club would have received less in compensation fee. 

On 04/08/2016 at 2:13 PM, AberdeenAngus said:

No chance.

Every player has their price and something in the £2m region would be Hayes imo. Even then the player would have to want to go to the club concerned.

The going rate is a lot less in Scotland though as players are essentially unproven in a shite league.

On 05/08/2016 at 8:36 PM, giblet said:

add another £500k and I'd take that.

You getting the money in your pocket then Giblet?  Or do you want to see one of your best players stay for season?  Fans always seem to think it is a 'great piece of business'  to lose your best players for a decent price.  If he goes, next time you watch hibs he wont be playing.  If hibs were in dire straights I would say yes sell him.  But the supporter sees nothing of the money and nothing again of the player.  Something no right about that.

9 minutes ago, Fermer said:

You getting the money in your pocket then Giblet?  Or do you want to see one of your best players stay for season?  Fans always seem to think it is a 'great piece of business'  to lose your best players for a decent price.  If he goes, next time you watch hibs he wont be playing.  If hibs were in dire straights I would say yes sell him.  But the supporter sees nothing of the money and nothing again of the player.  Something no right about that.

I suspect, like many Hibs fans, he probably thinks Cummings is over rated and that £1.5m is a great price for him? 

1 minute ago, Angus_Young said:

I suspect, like many Hibs fans, he probably thinks Cummings is over rated and that £1.5m is a great price for him? 

I remeber rangers sold trevor steven to marsille for a good profit (i think he went for 5.5m  My gers buddies were all saying how brilliant that was as it was a great profit for rangers.  He was my favourite player at that time and on the saturday I said to them well wher is the money?  my favourite player isny playing any more.  and see what happened to rangers.  He must have been only guy we made a profit on mind lol

6 minutes ago, Fermer said:

I remeber rangers sold trevor steven to marsille for a good profit (i think he went for 5.5m  My gers buddies were all saying how brilliant that was as it was a great profit for rangers.  He was my favourite player at that time and on the saturday I said to them well wher is the money?  my favourite player isny playing any more.  and see what happened to rangers.  He must have been only guy we made a profit on mind lol

Maybe not the best analogy given that Trevor Steven came back to Ibrox a year later for £2million less than Marseilles paid for him.  In anyone's book, that is a great piece of business especially as Rangers also won the League and Cup in the season he was away. 

6 minutes ago, aaid said:

Maybe not the best analogy given that Trevor Steven came back to Ibrox a year later for £2million less than Marseilles paid for him.  In anyone's book, that is a great piece of business especially as Rangers also won the League and Cup in the season he was away. 

Aye, I know aaid, just saying that a lotof supporters seem to not so much delight in selling players on for good money when they wont be seeing them anymore (Steven aside).  Obviously clubs have to always look at bottom line in Scotland but still no right imo.

48 minutes ago, Fermer said:

Maybe some fans just care about the long term health of their club?