Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 135 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

12 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

I'm not having a pop at Celtic but has he gone backwards as a player since signing for them or was it big fish in small pool syndrome at United? I thought Sheffield United were after him as well or has that interest died?

The player at Celtic is not the unstoppable force that was at United.  But he needs to feel loved and have the freedom to try tricks.  A confidence player with no confidence is a hollow shell. 

2 hours ago, adamntg said:

The player at Celtic is not the unstoppable force that was at United.  But he needs to feel loved and have the freedom to try tricks.  A confidence player with no confidence is a hollow shell. 

He's not good enough. Weak mentally and physically. He's had his chances but rather than take a leaf out of Armstrong's book he went back into his shell. People slate James Forrest on here but he's a far better player than GMS will ever be.

3 minutes ago, slasher said:

He's not good enough. Weak mentally and physically. He's had his chances but rather than take a leaf out of Armstrong's book he went back into his shell. People slate James Forrest on here but he's a far better player than GMS will ever be.

He was unplayable at times at Tannadice.  Some of the stuff he came out with I've never seen any other player try in a professional match.  

Weak mentally and physically, you're probably right.   But outrageous skills on the ball if you know how to make the most of him.

11 minutes ago, adamntg said:

He was unplayable at times at Tannadice.  Some of the stuff he came out with I've never seen any other player try in a professional match.  

Weak mentally and physically, you're probably right.   But outrageous skills on the ball if you know how to make the most of him.

Yeah he's definitely got some impressive tricks. Too often on game day though he's too easily knocked off the ball and gives possession away too cheaply. Maybe he can reinvent himself at Aberdeen or somewhere but I have my doubts.

2 hours ago, slasher said:

Yeah he's definitely got some impressive tricks. Too often on game day though he's too easily knocked off the ball and gives possession away too cheaply. Maybe he can reinvent himself at Aberdeen or somewhere but I have my doubts.

I only wish we could get him back to Tannadice.

1 hour ago, slasher said:

You can have Shifty back, no fee or anything ?

I don't think either of them are interested sadly. 

I can understand ambition, but some guys are suited to some clubs and it just doesn't work elsewhere.  

Edited by adamntg

5 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Dom Thomas had a medical at Killie yesterday.

Whit ? Was he not Well POTY  a year ago ?

Wiki has him under contract there until 2018 ? And I'm sure he played for the U21s (Scotland) this year. Since when did we start making good signings of skilful prospects with international credentials ? :lol:

Unless of course this is another Dom Thomas on loan from some Academy team in England. And plays left back.

7 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Wiki has him under contract there until 2018 ? And I'm sure he played for the U21s (Scotland) this year. Since when did we start making good signings of skilful prospects with international credentials ? :lol:

Unless of course this is another Dom Thomas on loan from some Academy team in England. And plays left back.

Nah, it's the same one.

He's been out the picture at Motherwell. Was out on loan at QOS last season but he did get a U21 call up when on loan.

20 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Nah, it's the same one.

He's been out the picture at Motherwell. Was out on loan at QOS last season but he did get a U21 call up when on loan.

He was on trial at United last week I heard with a view to a loan.  As someone put it elsewhere, getting players on loan from Motherwell, what a time to be alive!

If the rumours are to be believed, Dons have had a number of bids for Moult turned down.  Motherwell now want around £700k-£800k for him.  Apparently we've offered £400k which, as far as I'm concerned, is already too much.  We need to move on..... 

1 hour ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I vaguely remember him getting a YPOTY award from a fans podcast as a bit of a protest, as nobody deserved POTY when we finished in the play off.

Thomas appears to have potential, but has never had a run of games and the limited chances he's had he's looked out his depth. Can beat a man, but invariably runs straight into trouble. Lacks any of the physical attributes and doesn't have the ability to get away with that.

19 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

If the rumours are to be believed, Dons have had a number of bids for Moult turned down.  Motherwell now want around £700k-£800k for him.  Apparently we've offered £400k which, as far as I'm concerned, is already too much.  We need to move on..... 

Yeah. He's worth more to Well than he is to us. Accept it, move on. If we really want him, get him signed on a pre-contract in January. 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Yeah. He's worth more to Well than he is to us. Accept it, move on. If we really want him, get him signed on a pre-contract in January. 

He'll not be at Motherwell on the 1st of September if he hasn't signed the new contract on the table, as we can't afford for that to happen.

22 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

He'll not be at Motherwell on the 1st of September if he hasn't signed the new contract on the table, as we can't afford for that to happen.

Can you afford to sell him though? 

10 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Can you afford to sell him though? 

:lol:

Good question.

Losing Moult along with Mcdonald, Ainsworth and Pearson (I think he's left? He just turns up at fir park, plays a couple of games then fu:cks off again..) takes all the goals out our team, and leaves Bowman as our main striker, which is a worry!!

56 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

He is likely worth 700/800K, but not with year on contract - although championship teams, that is chicken feed for them, so could well get this