Weekend fixtures - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Weekend fixtures

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, adamntg said:

Having said that, this would be 4 wins and a draw from last six v Premier opposition. If they can keep this up they'll maybe just make it. 

Got my Derby ticket in the post this morning....

Correct, that form would probably save them. But the 3-0 to Motherwell leaves me very worried.

24 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Nice to see another bottle going crash again from the sheeps.

lol.

No crash of any bottle, it's reality when your budget isn't greater than the other 11 teams in your league.

With both our best creative player and striker out, we don't create as many chances or score as many goals.

Frustrating performance from us today but tremendous bottle shown again and a terrific winner from Forrester, sending Ibrox into raptures, tempered slightly by the fact my celebrations were curtailed by accidentally knocking my mate's glasses off during the raising of my arms after it went in and him slapping me on the arm in annoyance.

It's ours to lose now...

11 hours ago, deecie said:

lol.

No crash of any bottle, it's reality when your budget isn't greater than the other 11 teams in your league.

With both our best creative player and striker out, we don't create as many chances or score as many goals.

If only there had been a transfer window last month so you could prepare for losing a couple of key players.

Aberdeen had a chance this season but haven't taken it. If anything, they stepped away from the challenge with their dealings last month. No idea why because it could be a long time before they get another chance like they had this season. 

8 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Frustrating performance from us today but tremendous bottle shown again and a terrific winner from Forrester, sending Ibrox into raptures, tempered slightly by the fact my celebrations were curtailed by accidentally knocking my mate's glasses off during the raising of my arms after it went in and him slapping me on the arm in annoyance.

It's ours to lose now...

It has been yours to lose all season.

57 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

If only there had been a transfer window last month so you could prepare for losing a couple of key players.

Aberdeen had a chance this season but haven't taken it. If anything, they stepped away from the challenge with their dealings last month. No idea why because it could be a long time before they get another chance like they had this season. 

For me, this has to be one of the main issues. We pretty much weakened our team in January. We had an opportunity to strengthen or at the very least, address some fairly obvious issues. We did neither. Utterly bizarre given then position we were in. Injuries are now beginning to cost us. We also have a few players who seem to be a shadow of their former selves.  

Seems McGennis complained to the police afterwards about racist language coming from the hearts support yesterday. He was apparently called an 'Irish bar steward' by someone at the front of the wheatfield. And he was heard by many shouting back I am not Irish, I am northern Irish.

i remember a hearts fan getting banned for calling Bellamy or hartson a 'Welsh bar steward' 

Edited by hannibal smith