Tennis 2016 - Page 8 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tennis 2016

Donaldo87

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

1-1 now

murray broken in the third set.

hes struggling now and Djockovic has upped his game

Happens in so many of these finals between the 2.

Murray starts off well than has a dip in intensity, while Djokovic just gets stronger.

This could be over and done with quickly unless Murray finds another gear.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Happens in so many of these finals between the 2.

Murray starts off well than has a dip in intensity, while Djokovic just gets stronger.

This could be over and done with quickly unless Murray finds another gear.

His intensity goes as soon as Djockovic has a medical time out, a rant at the umpire or smashes his racket. It's up to Murray to not let it get to him.

anyway, this match is over. Since the end of the first set it's been a completely dominating performance from Djockovic. I think Djockovic is a ##### but he's just so bloody good. In few years the discussion will be who was better, federer or Djockovic?

7 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

His intensity goes as soon as Djockovic has a medical time out, a rant at the umpire or smashes his racket. It's up to Murray to not let it get to him.

anyway, this match is over. Since the end of the first set it's been a completely dominating performance from Djockovic. I think Djockovic is a ##### but he's just so bloody good. In few years the discussion will be who was better, federer or Djockovic?

Wishful thinking but Murray's opponent isn't Scottish. 

:D

Edited by fringo

58 minutes ago, brant grebner said:

He's been doping since 2011. The myth that his performances since then are down to a gluten free diet are absolute pish

I don't think there's anyone who think his performances since then are solely down to going gluten free. 

7 hours ago, brant grebner said:

He's been doping since 2011. The myth that his performances since then are down to a gluten free diet are absolute pish

Ah well if that comes to light Andy can help himself to a retrospective grand slam...

8 hours ago, phart said:

Apart from him you mean?

His tennis has come on leaps and bounds technically since then, while he's also improved mentally. 

Whether you believe the "gluten-free" spin or believe something more sinister, he's improved part of his game that is to do with his technical skills. 

On 06/06/2016 at 8:14 AM, Parklife said:

His tennis has come on leaps and bounds technically since then, while he's also improved mentally. 

Whether you believe the "gluten-free" spin or believe something more sinister, he's improved part of his game that is to do with his technical skills. 

No doubt! you can train much harder, it's not taken to make you run longer. It's about recovery, increasing practice time and intensity. No injuries. He's a tremendous player. Murray could well be doping too.

8 hours ago, phart said:

Murray could well be doping too.

Given all his comments on this subject, I find it difficult to believe that he would be. 

I've no doubt i'm looking at it from a biased position though. 

Lendl back with Murray - can only be a good thing!

Federer played the 250 in Stuttgart this week and lost against Thiem in the semi, so not sure he's fully recovered from injury.

Should be an interesting week ahead at Queen's and Halle.

On 14 June 2016 at 11:26 AM, Fairbairn said:

Are the seedings out for Wimbledon yet?  Assume Murray will be second behind Djokovic with Federer 3rd and either Wawrinka or Nishikori 4th?

Seedlings should be out on Monday, but you're correct that the top four seeds should be Djokovic, Murray, Federer and Wawrinka.

Think Wimbledon is the only tournament that doesn't solely use the current world rankings to determine the seeds - they weight more heavily the points awarded in grass tournaments during the last couple of years.

Murray looked solid today against Cilic and an intriguing final against Raonic tomorrow - Lendl v McEnroe.

Federer loses against teenage wonder kid Zverev, in the Halle semi.

• 2 months later...